Fargo Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Thought I'd start this one too!

I will watch the first one, although I think it was Billy Bob Thorton who made the last one so will see how it goes.

Otis

Thought that first series was brilliant and a couple of episodes were nothing short of mind blowing.

This series is a back story isn't it? Keith Carradine's story (the dad of the female cop, Molly), who ran the cafe.

Otis

Seriously? Even the really explosive, shit hits the fan, thrilling bits?

How much did you watch? Am guessing you maybe didn't watch far enough in. It sets itself up slowly so that when it does explode (and it really does), it explodes big time.

Sick Boy

How much did you watch? Am guessing you maybe didn't watch far enough in. It sets itself up slowly so that when it does explode (and it really does), it explodes big time.

I've seen it and it's better than most other stuff. It started off really well but lost something as it went on for me.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

I reckon about ¾ of the first episode. It just didn't do anything for me. Shame really, as I was looking forward to it after hearing everyone's views.

Otis

I would say stick with it. A couple of episodes I thought were as good as anything I have ever seen on TV.

Captain Dart

ajsccfc

I didn't bother with the first season, but as it's an anthology that won't matter. This has got Ted Danson and Nick Offerman in it, so it's worth a try based on that alone.

chiefdave

I didn't bother with the first season, but as it's an anthology that won't matter. This has got Ted Danson and Nick Offerman in it, so it's worth a try based on that alone.

If you haven't seen Bored to Death, which is likley as Sky buried it in a late night slot, give that a go. Danson is brilliant in it.

Otis

Watching the first, a bit slow getting into it :(

Errrm .... a blood bath, a shoot out, 5 people dead ...... what were you expecting, Nick, Rambo III?

I thought it was excellent. Fantastic word play as per usual, really, really funny, lots of killings and the Fargo style delivery of lines we have all come to know and love.

Thought it was pretty near a perfect combination. Especially loved the interplay between Ted Danson and his son in law whilst investigating the murders.

Can't wait for the 2nd episode.

Captain Dart

Season 2 is a prequel, so watching in reverse order is possibly the best way to do it.

Again someone lying to cover up a bad thing.. a very bad thing and major (very) organised crime involved oh yeah, lots of collateral damage.

loved it..

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Liked it a lot, the hour absolutely flew by too. Best thing is how beautifully shot it all is, especially the outdoor scenes.

Otis

Got about 2/3 through the second last night but fell asleep :(

Don't you like the wordplay? Don't you find it at all funny?

I can't wait for tonight's episode myself. I think it is brilliantly written and deliciously dark to boot.

Nick

Administrator
Don't you like the wordplay? Don't you find it at all funny?

I can't wait for tonight's episode myself. I think it is brilliantly written and deliciously dark to boot.

I think it is missing Martin Freeman's facial expressions and Billy Bob Thornton :( Not enjoying it like I did the first but will keep going!

J

Jack Griffin

Nick, you're a heathen!!!!

You-betcha.gif

You betcha.

Otis

Got about 2/3 through the second last night but fell asleep :(

I really enjoyed that. Brewing very nicely. Couple of lovely bits of tension with the 2 scenes, the police officer stopping the car and then the police office with the butcher's shop. Some really amusing bits and it all setting its stall out nicely for what is to come.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Series linked this as im trying to watch the walking dead episodes
Loved the first series of far go though and the change in martin freemans character

wingy

This Is Brilliant tonight:)
Loads of movement, think you have to accept sometimes It stalls for effect.

Otis

This Is Brilliant tonight:)
Loads of movement, think you have to accept sometimes It stalls for effect.

Yep, brilliant stuff. So witty and so tense at the same time.

Loving it. Could just watch episode after episode back to back.

Users who are viewing this thread