Favourite and least favourite cuisine (1 Viewer)

Otis

Favourite:

Italian

Then followed by Indian and Mexican

Least favourite:

Chinese (always seems to be too greasy and monosodium glutimated)

I do also love American food, though I don't think you can label it as a cuisine. They just take the best of every culture and bring out the best in it.

Every time I go to the States I love eating there.

mrtrench

Thai for me, followed by Indian. Or the other way around.

Least favourite is probably puddings, cannot think of a country to diss.

Otis

Thai for me, followed by Indian. Or the other way around.

Least favourite is probably puddings, cannot think of a country to diss.
No, me neither. Tried most cuisines and have liked them all.

I like the taste of Chinese food, just wish it wasn't so greasy.

Terry Gibson's perm

Favourite is difficult as a starter whitebait then anything from Indian, fish and chips or steak and chips pudding sticky toffee pudding and custard.

Least favourite Sushi or Chinese looks horrible and tastes worse plus I just don't like Chinese people they give me the heeby jebbies (don't know why)

mrtrench

Have you guys tried sushi? It's delicious; can totally understand you not liking the idea though.

Otis

Have you guys tried sushi? It's delicious; can totally understand you not liking the idea though.
Yep, you're right, it's the idea. Same as I'm sure snails taste nice, but I could have never ever tried those either.

We're a weird bunch us humans.

Piglet? Yeah, no problem.

Cow? Yep, of course

Lamb? Why not?

Chicken? Most certainly?

Baby deer? Oh no, how could I!!

Johnnythespider

Favourite - all Asian
Least favourite - Icelandic, although I've never eaten it the thought of burying shark for 3 months before digging it up and eating it, revolting.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Otis

Favourite - all Asian
Least favourite - Icelandic, although I've never eaten it the thought of burying shark for 3 months before digging it up and eating it, revolting.

Well yeah, but in saying that, you can get 30 day aged steak and isn't burying a shark for 3 months called freezing? And don't we do that with most of our food anyway?

Johnnythespider

Well yeah, but in saying that, you can get 30 day aged steak and isn't burying a shark for 3 months called freezing? And don't we do that with most of our food anyway?
Not quite Otis, it's called Harkal. It is buried to putrify and then dug up and hung to dry in a little Hut a bit like a smoke house but without the smoke. If you can get past the smell it not surprisingly tastes rancid.

Otis

Not quite Otis, it's called Harkal. It is buried to putrify and then dug up and hung to dry in a little Hut a bit like a smoke house but without the smoke. If you can get past the smell it not surprisingly tastes rancid.

Ohh. Can I please therefore retract my previous statement.

Rancid should be a word that never enters the thinking of anyone compiling a restaurant menu.

Last edited:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Favourite Indian, closely followed by Italian then Mexican.

Least favourite Thai followed by anything seafood related as I don't eat it.

CCFC88

Fave Thai, followed closely by a good steak (blue/rare), nothing worse than a bad steak but you get what you pay for.

Least Seafish, just cant eat it and it fustrates me that I dont like it as its so readilly available when you go away and people rave about it.

ajsccfc

If American cuisine was a thing that'd count as a guilty favourite, as it's basically huge amounts of crap (crap meant in the best possible way). Italian though otherwise.

Don't think I've got a least favourite really, unless vegetables in general count. I've read about that weird disgusting tinned fish and I'd like to see exactly how foul it really can smell. I've never actually been near a skunk so the curiosity is there too. Pepe Le Pew's all I've got to go on.

wingy

Be fine with a bit of salt on it.
Anyone like rollmops?
Chilli Gherkins, oh yeah now you're talking, perfect with Cheese etc and few cans when tuning in for a sporting occasion.
Indian for me, Fish curries are sublime.
Don't get the dislike for Chinese,love chow mein, noodles and the way they cook their meats.

Ian1779

Favourite - Turkish food

Least favourite - Thai - the taste of ginger or lemongrass in savoury food makes me feel ill.

Otis

Favourite - Turkish food

Least favourite - Thai - the taste of ginger or lemongrass in savoury food makes me feel ill.
Never tried Turkish. Is it anything at all like Greek food, or completely different?

I imagine it to be slightly spicy.

Grendel

Never tried Turkish. Is it anything at all like Greek food, or completely different?

Does anyone actually enjoy eating a kebab?

Ian1779

It's very lamb centric but plenty of breads, vegetables and fish to a lesser extent. A lot of the food has Asian influences so can be spicy bit less so than Indian for example.

LastGarrison

Does anyone actually enjoy eating a kebab?

Me.

Large chicken shish kebab, spicy rice and all the salad, with a couple of bits of warm bread from Pasha on Far Gosford Street.

Immense and all for the princely sum of £5.70!! They even throw a bowl of soup in for free from time to time.

Highly recommended.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Nice roast leg of lamb with roast potatoes ( the trick to the spuds is to cover them all in oil then get a bowl of flour with salt and black pepper and cover each spun individual in the mix) they come out lovely
With broccoli, cauliflower cheese, Yorkshire puds and gravy
Worst
Cous cous

Otis

Me.

Large chicken shish kebab, spicy rice and all the salad, with a couple of bits of warm bread from Pasha on Far Gosford Street.

Immense and all for the princely sum of £5.70!! They even throw a bowl of soup in for free from time to time.

Highly recommended.
Well you 'say' chicken.........

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Yep, you're right, it's the idea. Same as I'm sure snails taste nice, but I could have never ever tried those either.

We're a weird bunch us humans.

Piglet? Yeah, no problem.

Cow? Yep, of course

Lamb? Why not?

Chicken? Most certainly?

Baby deer? Oh no, how could I!!

Venison is delicious as is horse.

Sick Boy

Well yep, don't get it!

Why are people fine about eating cow but up in arms in disgust at eating horses?

No idea whatsoever! It's the same as people getting angry over someone eating veal, yet they think nothing about eating lamb.

Grendel

Well yep, don't get it!

Why are people fine about eating cow but up in arms in disgust at eating horses?

The cruelty around the horse meat trade for a start.

Grendel

What about the cruelty around intense factory farming?

Do you know anything about the horse meat trade? It's practically medieval even in comparison to that.

Otis

Do you know anything about the horse meat trade? It's practically medieval even in comparison to that.
That's not the point. Chickens are crammed into pens like sardines for the mass food market. Don't see many people on that case and refusing to eat anything but free range.

The point here is that most people will eat a chicken no problem, but if you mention rabbit they are horrified.

We are a strange breed. I get the pet thing to a degree, but it is still a bit strange how we think as humans.

Do you honestly think most people are against eating horse because of ethical issues?

Users who are viewing this thread