Feeling Sick & Downright Depressed (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

I will NEVER re-watch that game so can someone confirm something for me - did Dabo go to take his pen then turn back before he then went to the spot - or did I dream this?

Perryccfc

I will NEVER re-watch that game so can someone confirm something for me - did Dabo go to take his pen then turn back before he then went to the spot - or did I dream this?
Yea I noticed him doing that. It looked like Kelly told him to wait so he turned back and then went again.

rob9872

Nope.

It was the only penalty I couldnt bear to watch I just sat down with head in hands knowing he was going to miss.

I feel for him today though.
Oddly I watched all of ours it was theirs I didn't. I faced our crowd hoping to see them cheer but of course never happened.

Travs

Bit harsh on Dabo.

Yes it was a poor penalty, and yes i genuinely expected him to miss.

But you go to penalties, and have to accept that its a complete lottery.

If we'd not came out and had a go 2nd half, and slumped to 1-0 defeat without a fight i'd have been much more disappointed.

mrfr

I am almost definitely catastrophising but the way things panned out yesterday feels like a perfect storm:

1. We lose Vik, Hamer, Doyle, McNally, Norton-Cuffy at minimum - half of our starting lineup. Alongside those we ship out a larger number of players who don’t make the grade, or we can’t and we’re stuck with them for another season without the class players that they provided a laudable but unspectacular platform for.

2. Robins shows himself to be top class in both what he has done with this team, but also how he conducts himself. The standard required to be a premier league manager is low enough to include Sam Allardyce, and so is certainly not out of the reach of Robins. His new contract will not stop a premier league club in trouble looking for a new boss early next season and Robins being a target. He would be mad not to take an opportunity in the top flight if he’s offered it

3. Expectations of the fans and potentially ownership have been set at a level we cannot sustain over the next season or two - had we finished seventh we’d have been talking about progress, now we’re talking about missing out. Next season we compete with another three teams coming down who can outspend us, an improving Middlesbrough, an improving Sunderland, an improving Blackburn, etc, etc.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am almost definitely catastrophising but the way things panned out yesterday feels like a perfect storm:

1. We lose Vik, Hamer, Doyle, McNally, Norton-Cuffy at minimum - half of our starting lineup. Alongside those we ship out a larger number of players who don’t make the grade, or we can’t and we’re stuck with them for another season without the class players that they provided a laudable but unspectacular platform for.

2. Robins shows himself to be top class in both what he has done with this team, but also how he conducts himself. The standard required to be a premier league manager is low enough to include Sam Allardyce, and so is certainly not out of the reach of Robins. His new contract will not stop a premier league club in trouble looking for a new boss early next season and Robins being a target. He would be mad not to take an opportunity in the top flight if he’s offered it

3. Expectations of the fans and potentially ownership have been set at a level we cannot sustain over the next season or two - had we finished seventh we’d have been talking about progress, now we’re talking about missing out. Next season we compete with another three teams coming down who can outspend us, an improving Middlesbrough, an improving Sunderland, an improving Blackburn, etc, etc.

I don’t see Blackburn improving

SIR ERNIE

Sick and depressed? No not at all.

I desperately wanted us to win and to be honest, after the equaliser believed we would.
But the truth is we we had a free hit at promotion against a side that many would argue deserved promotion anyway on their third place finish.

Bottom line is we couldn't beat them over 120mins. That's it.

A massive opportunity for the club but we weren't good enough.

Life goes on.

Greggs

Yep, I'm broken. I saw lots of smiley happy faces after the match, I'm guessing daytrippers and wives/girlfriends. Fuck off. Fuck right off.

Blind-Faith

Yep, I'm broken. I saw lots of smiley happy faces after the match, I'm guessing daytrippers and wives/girlfriends. Fuck off. Fuck right off.
Saw one lad on twitter, stating it was about the day out and not the result! People like him should fucking stay at home and watch it on the TV, leave the tickets for the fans who actually want to go and watch the football. Not just to have a few pictures taken for the social media so they can say they’ve been to Wembley 🖕🏼

Johnnythespider

Cheer up Gary - I'm actually chilled. The Hamer injury was definitely the turning point.

P.S. How mayny clairvoyants do we have in our fanbase; if I had a pound for every City fan who I heard say, 'I knew Dabo was going to miss' (they would have said the same for anyone who had missed). Hate penalties!
What if they said it as he walked up to take it, not really a serious question but you wouldn't pick him to take one if you didn't have to, fair play to him for taking it and there's no other city player I'd want to see score one more than him, it would be Stuart Pearce like.

bigfatronssba

Don’t be too harsh. Lots of people, myself included try to smile in such circumstances. It’s a defence mechanism

SkyblueTexan

Although emotions are still very raw looking back, I am very proud of what we achieved with a threadbare squad and amid all the other distractions/adversities we faced (unplayable home pitch, Wasps/SISU out, DK in, Stadium takeover shenanigans, World Cup break, key injuries). We have to do everything we can to convince Gus and Vik to stay for 1 more season and add more complementary pieces around them. We just need a normal season for once - is that too much to ask? MR has vowed to improve upon what we've done this season and if we are to push on we must aim for autos in 23/24. We have to fast track our 5 year plan to reach the EPL and be in a position to withstand the rigours of that challenge. This summer is going to have to be a blockbuster one - DK open that chequebook/wallet please.

SkyBlueMatt

Absolute suckerpunch, players can be proud of what they've done this year but I don't want to think about it at the moment.

I'm going AWOL, I want to forget about football for the next couple of months. Re-energise and go again next year.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

Laughing, joking and celebrating like we've won? Fucking bizarre.

You never been at a funeral where some knobhead uncle keeps cracking jokes?

People deal with things differently. It doesn’t mean they aren’t hurting inside.

Gynnsthetonic

Absolute suckerpunch, players can be proud of what they've done this year but I don't want to think about it at the moment.

I'm going AWOL, I want to forget about football for the next couple of months. Re-energise and go again next year.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
Likewise, I want a rest from football. I'm glad there's no Euros or World Cup, a nice few weekend breaks camping and 11 nights in Crete. I don't even want to think about yesterday anymore. Pre match was brilliant and the whole build up. No way would I of wanted us to finish 7th.

Users who are viewing this thread