Film Thread 2014 (1 Viewer)

turlykerd

Watched the City winning the FACup the other night best dvd in my collection !

my all time fav DVD :D

i try re-enact myself throwing away my city scarf when allen scores , then a five minute rant followed by pure joy as Bennett gets the equalizer and a frantic search
to get my scarf back !!

bringbackrattles

my all time fav DVD :D

i try re-enact myself throwing away my city scarf when allen scores , then a five minute rant followed by pure joy as Bennett gets the equalizer and a frantic search
to get my scarf back !!
If they put this season on dvd at the end of this campaign I'll list it under my horror section !

RegTheDonk

The Sweeney was on last night, you slag!

First time I've seen it - disappointed to be honest. Didn't bother until now as I heard it got poor reviews. None of the banter between Regan, Carter and Haskins that I used to love from the original shows. Maybe its me, I know its a different audience these days, but the original Sweeny though gritty for its time, had characters and charm that engaged you, with half decent stories. This was just a meltdown of trying to copy USA style shoot outs and violence. Think Ray Winston and Damian Lewis are great actors, but they were wasted in this pile of poo.

I only hope when I'm nearly sixty, physically screwed and fat, I can pull a bird like that though.

Nick

Administrator
Have never seen the original one so can't compare it, I just like it because he says slag a lot!

ccfctommy

Imitation Game - Stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightly. He plays codebreaker Alan Turing during WW2. Very good 8/10

Marty

Imitation Game - thought it was fantastic, very well acted by all, 9/10

Amazing story, it's almost unbelievable what happened to him. Definitely going to spend some time reading up on him.

Colonel Mustard

Imitation Game: 6/10. Engaging enough, but disappointed with the historical inaccuracies, including Turing being played as an Aspergers type. Didn't think it was significantly better than Enigma, which came out over a decade ago.

Big Eyes: 6.5/10. Predictable, light, pretty well-executed. Too much Waltz is not a good thing though, and Amy Adams barely registered.

American Sniper: 7/10. Gritty, spartan biopic. You're left to interpret things. Pretty weak in comparison to the Vietnam war flicks.

Nightcrawler: 9/10. Jake Gyllanhall amazing as a ratty sociopath. Neon LA, dark side of the American dream, social satire. Grand.

Whiplash: 10/10. Best film I've seen in a long, long time. High tension and utterly engrossing. You'll come out of it having had your state shifted. It'll be a travesty if JK Simmons doesn't win the Best Supporting Actor award. Watch it.

Nick

Administrator
I put that new one with Owen Wilson on, based in the 70's. Absolute dog shit, turned it off after 30 minutes.

skybluejelly

Just watched interstellar wasn't expecting much as my brother did not like it ..but I thought it was excellent if not a bit long ( nearly 3 hrs ) one of the better films I have watched recently

Marty

Birdman - Utter shit, how it's so highly rated, I'll never know. 2/10

dancers lance

Just watched interstellar wasn't expecting much as my brother did not like it ..but I thought it was excellent if not a bit long ( nearly 3 hrs ) one of the better films I have watched recently

I watched this last night, I agree it's a bit long, but if you can get through the opening third it's well worth a view, not sure the ending will be well received by all who take the time to watch. 6.5/10

Marty

Interstellar - Found it very predictable, Not bad though 6/10

dancers lance

Watched Nightcrawler (Jake Gyllenhal) last night, superb, a must watch if you appreciate antiheroes and american Psycho.

Marty

American Sniper, the story is better then the film as I'm sure is the book. 5/10

Fury, reasonably enjoyable, very unrealistic especially the scenes with the Panzer tank and the SS. 5/10

mrtrench

Just watched Le-weekend on DVD. Great film. I want to go back to Paris and see Beckett's grave now.

Marty

Oscars tonight.

Julianne Moore favourite for best actress in 'Still Alice'. Called it a few pages back. Fantastic film and a great performance.

Marty

Big Hero 6. Fantastic film, I was in tears at some parts they were so funny. 9/10

The Butterfly Effect, enjoyable film, 7/10

Marty

Of course not, may have had something in my eye though.

Users who are viewing this thread