Film Thread 2016 (1 Viewer)

Pipehitterz

Ghostbusters 3/10 believe the hype. It's a terrible terrible movie.

There is such a lot wrong with this, but the very worst is Kate mckinnon. Her character is one of the worst i've seen on screen in my life. Her acting is that very bad, I think I will avoid every film she's in forever.
She may be some famous snl bint in America, but she ruins an already rubbish film.

It DOES have some Funny jokes in there, but nil Funny moments at all.

Spoilers

Special mention, and I shake my head thinking about this, but there's a part in the film where the bad guy makes all the army, police mob freeze in a ' Saturday night fever ' dance pose, and I just thought dread, please do not Make them dance,
And guess what, they don't, it just goes on with the film and you're left thinking, what was that all about, convinced they were going so dance and really destroy the movie, but? ?? They just ignore it.
So the film finishes.
Then there's a few mid titles jokes to Make you think it didn't suck as bad as it did, them BAM.
They bolt on 'the ' dance sequence that you 'know ' they were going to put in the film, but realised it would have been the worst fucking shit thing ever, but someone somewhere needed their ego stroked so still decided to add it to the titles at the end.

It defies all logic and it makes you cringe badly.
There's 5 really rubbish cameos from the surviving original cast but one Little cameo from the dead member, egon, as a brass bust, which I though was respectable and nice touch.

Watch it, but you'll hate it

Marty

Swiss Army Man - 8/10. It's brilliant, so funny too. Radcliffe is excellent.

I.T. (2016) - 5/10 It's ok.

Nick

Administrator
Not exactly a film, but a documentary on Netflix called "who took Johnny" it's very grim.
It's the true story of a boy in America called Johnny Gosch who got kidnapped in 1982 the film follows his mothers search to find him and her work with families in similar situations
It's very harrowing
Might watch it tonight, good to see I'm not the only weirdo who likes that sort of programme :)

Gazolba

I watched a really good film the other evening. Came across it at random while channel surfing.
It's called "The Letter Writer". It's not new, its from 2013. It's a 'family' type film so if you don't like those, you won't like it.
Trailer:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Might watch it tonight, good to see I'm not the only weirdo who likes that sort of programme :)
Did you watch it Nick? It's grim !
I'm taking my dad to see the magnificent 7 on Friday

Sky_Blue_Daz

Took my dad to see The magnificent 7 yesterday
We really enjoyed it

Nick

Administrator
The infiltrator, decent film and a really random "What the hell is he doing in this?" moment!

Pipehitterz

Star trek beyond 5
Time to put the wounded dog down. Everyone seemed in ' going through the notions ' mode.
Even the bad guy sucked, the premise and story line was shit

Marty

The Infiltrator. 7/10 thought it was good. Some nice gory moments. I had the same moment as Nick. Woody from This is England has a reasonably sized role in it. Played it excellently though.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just watched a Documentary on Netflix called Holy Hell
It's true story about a compound/cult in California and its leader

It takes a very dark turn towards the end the leader of the cult is so manipulative but lots of the group hung on his every word
One scene in particular was very uncomfortable

Last edited:

Pipehitterz

had a documentary night yesterday
the guv'nor 5/10 was slightly informative regarding lenny mclean, not as good as reading the book, this doc was made by the people making the film 'my name is lenny' due out in feb

my scientology movie louis theroix 6/10 not enough content to see here, just louis winding up members, there's some funny and also unnerving moments to be seen tho
there is better scientology documentaries out there tho

clint van damme

has any one seen the new Ken Loach film,I Daniel Blake?
Doesn't seem the be showing anywhere in Coventry at the moment though I'm sure it will be on at the Arts centre at some point.

Marty

Didn't think it was that bad.. More of a 6 /10

For me it contained nothing that made the first one a good film. The whole kid, love interest didn't work and he got neither in the end. I thought it was a massive let down compared to the first one.

skybluejelly

For me it contained nothing that made the first one a good film. The whole kid, love interest didn't work and he got neither in the end. I thought it was a massive let down compared to the first one.

Don't get me wrong .. it could have been a whole heap better .. just think it's better than a 4 ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty

Don't Breathe - 7/10 Surprisingly good actually.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Theres a document on Netflix called Man v snake
It's about a guy from a small town in Iowa called Tim mcvey ( not the terrorist) who became the first ever gamer to get over a billion points on an arcade game
He set the record in 1984, a few people have beaten the score since. But he comes out of retirement to try and beat it

He comes across as quite a nice guy 7/10

Pipehitterz

doctor strange 7/10 you have to be a serious marvelitte to 'get ' this movie, i reckon most casual watchers wouldnt like it at all, i think they went overboard with the magic side of things, and thought they might tone it down
they toned down thor, red skull, arnim zola and nemo, but went ahead and produced some serious multi verse story in this
oh and benedit cumberbatch's american accent was dreadful

Nick

Administrator
Watching the guvnor documentarysomebody else mentioned.

Read the book and enjoyed it, quite interesting so far

dutchman

Star trek beyond 5
Time to put the wounded dog down. Everyone seemed in ' going through the notions ' mode.
Even the bad guy sucked, the premise and story line was shit

Totally agree. Purely a CGI-effects fest with the occasional geeky reference thrown in and lots of heavenly choir music, often for no reason.

The only thing which impressed me was the way the cast managed to mimic the characters in the original television series.

Pipehitterz

Totally agree. Purely a CGI-effects fest with the occasional geeky reference thrown in and lots of heavenly choir music, often for no reason.

The only thing which impressed me was the way the cast managed to mimic the characters in the original television series.
Yeah they do that, but, the bones character, in this, seemed to be too laid back.
I re watched the first 2 and he is brilliant in the roll.
They've green lit part 4 , let's hope this one is the worst one, as they say of all sequels.
Another thing. why did the bad guys speak a different language?
Am also confused as to why they got stranded in the first place?
All very muddled

Sky_Blue_Daz

Watching the guvnor documentarysomebody else mentioned.

Read the book and enjoyed it, quite interesting so far
Is that on Netflix Nick? I might give that a watch today

Users who are viewing this thread