Film Thread 2016 (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Cara Delevingne's performance is so bad it's embarrassing, cringeworthy. The director must have told her "Just stand there and look stupid" because that's all she did. What should have been a gripping climax to the movie became a Xmas pantomime.

I'd be happy just watching her stood still :D

Otis

I get what you're saying.
Although I disagree.
I thought it was 'playful ' and very tongue in cheek.
Like you really really didn't know what would happen when she got out ,
I thought any other ending would've been either a cop out or boring
Clever movie all the same despite the marmite ending
I just watched it and thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Yep, the ending did seem kind of tagged on and a completely different movie, but I think that WAS the whole movie throughout anyway.

You never knew quite who was who and what was what and it kept twisting and you didn't quite know what direction it was heading. By that logic the end kind of fitted in.

My daughter loved it too.

Nick

Administrator
Watched David Brent last night, that bit where Doc Brown is helping back to his hotel room. No idea how he got away with that.

dutchman

Watched 'Inferno' last night, another contrived, by-the-numbers, travelogue/history lecture based on a highly improbable scenario. There is zero chemistry between the cast and Tom Hanks is far too old to be playing the lead in an action movie.

Otis

Watched 'Inferno' last night, another contrived, by-the-numbers, travelogue/history lecture based on a highly improbable scenario. There is zero chemistry between the cast and Tom Hanks is far too old to be playing the lead in an action movie.
Sounds great. I will check the showtimes.

clint van damme

I'm looking forward to the new Ben Affleck film, Live by night. Great book, hopefully the film does it justice.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Watched The guvnor the other night

I rewatched snatch last night brilliant film,

trevelfarandwide

The Accountant with Ben Affleck, excellent watch. He plays a functioning autistic, who has superior mathematical abilities, and utilises these skills for high-end company audits and...well, a lot more...you have to see it.

Out of a 100%, it's a solid 82%.

trevelfarandwide

Like the film Sully, have you seen it? Based on the 'miracle on the Hudson River' plane landing. Hanks is just as flat as the script.

Otis

Like the film Sully, have you seen it? Based on the 'miracle on the Hudson River' plane landing. Hanks is just as flat as the script.
Really?

Seen a lot of critics praising his performance and that being the only thing that keeps the film together.

Interesting.

trevelfarandwide

Really?

Seen a lot of critics praising his performance and that being the only thing that keeps the film together.

Interesting.

Critics are usually paid well to laud favourable actors. :) It's a matter of opinion I suppose, regarding the quality of the film, I just found it very flat and hollow. Hanks doesn't seem to have the same presence on-screen as he used to.

Otis

Critics are usually paid well to laud favourable actors. :) It's a matter of opinion I suppose, regarding the quality of the film, I just found it very flat and hollow. Hanks doesn't seem to have the same presence on-screen as he used to.
I thought he was great in Bridge of Spies. Captain Philips too.

Captain Dart

trevelfarandwide

I thought he was great in Bridge of Spies. Captain Philips too.

Again, matter of opinion. :) Haven't seen Bridge of Spies yet, it's on my 'emergency good film' list, in case of naff all to do on a sunday evening.

Users who are viewing this thread