Fisher is threatened by fans (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

By John Percy6:30PM BST 11 Jul 2013
Coventry City have confirmed their controversial groundshare with Northampton Town could last for five years, while chief executive Tim Fisher has also admitted they are facing the prospect of another heavy point deduction.

The stricken League One club are preparing to kick off the campaign against Bristol City more than 30 miles away from the city at Sixfields after breaking off negotiations in their long-running dispute with Arena Coventry Limited (ACL), the owners of the Ricoh Arena.

Coventry have reluctantly agreed a deal with the Football League to play at Northampton's ground for the next three years, with Fisher insisting they aim to be back in the city within that timeframe and in a new stadium.

RELATED ARTICLES
Coventry City will play their home games at Northampton's Sixfields Stadium for the next three seasons
American tycoon Preston Haskell IV makes bid for Coventry City - plus half the Ricoh Arena
Coventry City 'locked out' of their own stadium as they look for somewhere else to play home matches
But Fisher - who revealed he and his family have received sickening threats from frustrated fans - has made contingency plans in the event of the stadium's development being delayed by securing two extra one-year options to share with Northampton.

Many Coventry supporters plan to boycott games at the 7,653 all-seater stadia in protest, and their plight has earned the sympathy of supporters of other clubs up and down the country, but Fisher claims there was no alternative but to move out of the city.

"The groundshare is regrettable, it's painful," he said. "The fans are right not to be delirious about playing outside of Coventry, we don't want to do that either. However, that is the only option we've got and it's with a heavy heart that we travel.

"It's not a preferred option but we have to fulfil our fixtures and the Football League recognises the huge risk of us kicking off the season with nowhere to play. For them that's unacceptable, and of course it's unacceptable to us so we had to do the groundshare.

"For us to move there we had to submit a project plan for a new stadium build. We've allowed three years, which should be plenty, as we'd like to get back into Coventry area within three years. However, with construction and development you cannot discount the fact there might be some slippage.

"It's actually a three-year deal, with two one-year options so it might be four years, or worst case scenario five. But we are certainly focused on sub three years."

Coventry remain in administration and were deducted ten points in March to effectively end their slim hopes of making last season's play-offs.

And the grim news for manager Steven Pressley may extend into the forthcoming campaign if ACL, one of the four major creditors, reject the Company Voluntary Agreement when the club attempt to come out of administration. If the CVA is rejected, Coventry face liquidation and a heavy 15-point deduction.

Fisher said: "There is a creditors’ meeting on July 22. ACL, as a principle creditor, could vote for the CVA. They could therefore get what money is going to be allocated through that process. Or they could say no, and we would head towards liquidation.

"There is a probability you will get a sporting sanction, extra points deduction. We are not discounting that at all."

covkid69

fisher likes the liquidation work doesn't he...slimy :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

torchomatic

It may have been the only option yesterday, but it's not the only option today, is it?

Nonleagueherewecome

Is this about my "bump into him" post? What, I said it was my momentum!

speedie87

never thought i'd say this but i'd actually prefer the club was liquidated than moves to Northampton.

At least if its gone bust completly all fans are in the same boat and can look at starting again in coventry together.

With moving to northampton the fans will split into various groups and the spirt of the club will die.

skybluehugh

Fisher said: "There is a creditors’ meeting on July 22. ACL, as a principle creditor, could vote for the CVA. They could therefore get what money is going to be allocated through that process. Or they could say no, and we would head towards liquidation.

And so he is trying to blame ACL for the risk of liquidation. He has moved to NT and there by cutting income by at least 80% . He has turned down Hoff's 3yr rent paying offer. But they still have no choice but to move. Some on here will side with this statement, but I believe the majority of fans will see it for the bullshit it is.

J

Jack Griffin

He may be receiving threats, but he has actually shafted us.

DazzleTommyDazzle

No one should threaten his family.

Firstly because it's wrong and secondly because living with him, they must already have suffered more than enough!

chiefdave

Sure these plans he's talking about will be up on the official website ASAP or have the league stopped them releasing them along with the survey results?!

mattylad

Agreed why give him a sympathy card to pay, anyway I doubt anyone will ever meet him on a mountain path

procdoc

I don't agree with threatening him, whoever is planning to shoe him in shouldn't give him an advanced warning

Senior Vick from Alicante

No one will get the chance. Hopefully he will be prosecuted for corporate fraud and get sent down. The next time you here of him will be in the Sunday papers witha head line like Tim gets shafted by 20st queen, now you know how 12000 Cov fans feel.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sure these plans he's talking about will be up on the official website ASAP or have the league stopped them releasing them along with the survey results?!

I thought he'd said that Dan could now publish the results (yesterday or today) - surely not another mistruth from Tim (patronising) Fishface

Nick

Administrator
Just remember that by posting silly threats and stuff online is actually a criminal offence now. ;)

Out of order to threaten his family to be honest.

georgehudson

quite convenient that the forums were held when they were,
would be interesting to see whether he'd be prepared to attend another forum now

cloughie

what a nasty bunch of pricks .. threatening the man like this!! the club is not that important, and to be honest with you if you see the club as 'your life' your a very sad person who needs help to get a life. love the guy or hate him he is like marmite. but dont resort to threats and constant insults simply because you are upset. it is horrible for his family who havent hurt anyone. it hurtful to Mr Fisher and put plainly its simply bully boy tactics.

your not a real fan of CCFC if you resort to this kind of crap

You are an arsehole of the highest order

poor Mr Timmy are you his butler

Only sensible thing you have said his family don't deserve crap

BUT HE DOES

jaymo132

what a nasty bunch of pricks .. threatening the man like this!! the club is not that important, and to be honest with you if you see the club as 'your life' your a very sad person who needs help to get a life. love the guy or hate him he is like marmite. but dont resort to threats and constant insults simply because you are upset. it is horrible for his family who havent hurt anyone. it hurtful to Mr Fisher and put plainly its simply bully boy tactics.

Another 5 post twat...One of Timmys minnions no doubt...he shafts us he, takes the 5hit

LastGarrison

Me, you, outside now!!

Nick

Administrator
You are an arsehole of the highest order

poor Mr Timmy are you his butler

Only sensible thing you have said his family don't deserve crap

BUT HE DOES

There is still a line that shouldn't be crossed....especially on here!

Nonleagueherewecome

Have I missed something? Where does it say he's been threatened??

There's one line in there with little elaboration or detail. It's kinda throwaway, like "and it's been really hot today!".

Hobo

Dear Tim, are you saying everyone has to accept your proposals or you might have to liquidate? Is that another gun to the head of the fans. A bit like sign your shares over or else.

Well here is an alternative, why don't SISU sell and leave the people of Coventry to have a football team in Coventry.

Sky Blue Pete

There's one line in there with little elaboration or detail. It's kinda throwaway, like "and it's been really hot today!".
He's bloody lucky he hasn't been threatened if you ask me. I can't believe him not understanding that by ground sharing it is the end of our club? How does anyone expect supporters of up to 60 years to react?

For those Sisu apologists in here, this is the endgame, there is no going back. We kick off the season in Northampton for a significant portion of the fan base the football league would have been better not letting us compete.

130 years of history gone

Otis

never thought i'd say this but i'd actually prefer the club was liquidated than moves to Northampton.

At least if its gone bust completly all fans are in the same boat and can look at starting again in coventry together.

With moving to northampton the fans will split into various groups and the spirt of the club will die.

Hate to say it, but me too. Would take the points deduction rather than us move to Northampton. Would back pretty much any stance that could have us staying and playing here.

Nonleagueherewecome

Dear Tim, are you saying everyone has to accept your proposals or you might have to liquidate? Is that another gun to the head of the fans. A bit like sign your shares over or else.

Well here is an alternative, why don't SISU sell and leave the people of Coventry to have a football team in Coventry.

Go on, I'm listening...

Users who are viewing this thread