Fisher telephone call. (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Funny enough I heard he spoke to some fans at the train station on Saturday and said similar.
TBF the bloke but he is normally willing to speak to any supporters.
Even me sometimes.

Also tbf, he wouldn't be the first chairman of the club to ring fans up for a chat.

That nice Mr. McGinnity used to ring me from Dubai now and again to arrange a date ;-)

Otis

Copy and paste from a CCFC fan FB page.

Just spoke to Tim Fisher,

1. SISU do not and will not sell.
2. Ryton has to go forth better of the club.
3. More cloth to be cut to keep the club sustainable.
4. There will more interaction with fans from TF from now as of Next werk.
5. The club from now has to make its self pay, there will be no more investment from SISU.
6. Fans need to forget about SISU and concentrate supporting the club the fans are killing it not SISU.
8. TF only want the best for the club ( Really )
9. He asked me for support ( never )
10. He said no real fan would boycott there club.
I don't believe this phone call took place for starters, but the more 'Sisu cut the cloth accordingly, the more fans will 'boycott' their club.

The smaller the budget, the less likely we are to do well, the less we do well, the more attendances drop.

And I wouldn't expect anything less of them than to blame the fans for killing the club.

Bottom line is, if we have a bad season this season, season tickets are going to suffer next time out. It's a perpetual spiral and if we keep 'cutting our cloth' they we have been doing, soon there may be no club.

ricohroar

I fully believe the convo took place having seen the guy on FB. What I can't believe is people still believe what this guy says is true?

If his lips move he is lying its easy to grasp.

ajsccfc

Fisher saying that fans are to blame and that real fans wouldn't boycott does seem convenient when posted on a rabid and angry Facebook page a week or two before a planned boycott.

Brylowes

Copy and paste from a CCFC fan FB page.

Just spoke to Tim Fisher,

1. SISU do not and will not sell.
2. Ryton has to go forth better of the club.
3. More cloth to be cut to keep the club sustainable.
4. There will more interaction with fans from TF from now as of Next werk.
5. The club from now has to make its self pay, there will be no more investment from SISU.
6. Fans need to forget about SISU and concentrate supporting the club the fans are killing it not SISU.
8. TF only want the best for the club ( Really )
9. He asked me for support ( never )
Funny enough I heard he spoke to some fans at the train station on Saturday and said similar.
TBF the bloke but he is normally willing to speak to any supporters.
Even me sometimes.
4. Is obviously the bad news fans can expect in a couple of weeks, the news he was apparently
Alluding to at Stoke station, more interaction from him, YEP that's bad.
6. And 10. As someone else already said, he should go for those alone (if it's true)
7. Really worries me, it's obviously so "unthinkably bad" that it can't be put into text, for fear of
The civil unrest it would unleash on to the streets of Coventry

torchomatic

Don't believe this. He would hang up or say no comment.

Now if he'd said it to Juggy, now that would be a different story....

dongonzalos

At the end of the day. Mr Fisher is not a Coventry fan. He is a Sheff Weds fan. He is paid by SISU and so his loyalty has to be with SISU.

If NOMP goes against the plans of SISU and leads to their departure, which would concurrently lead to his own departure.
He is hardly going to tell people it is a good idea and that it will speed up the exit of SISU.
The people who do NOMP know it damages the club their logic is the club will be damaged in the same way anyway but at a slower pace. That things can only get better once SISU go and that by doing this their exit will be quicker.
They are sacrificing their own pleasure causing short term pain to the club for long term gain.
Like going on the hill during Northampton.

skybluetony176

Its a shame CWR don't phone him then, so we can all hear what he's got to say.

They keep making the point of saying before and after every game and every phone in that they're repeatedly asking for someone from the club to come on and explain what's going on and why but the club aren't interested. CWR are making the calls. The fact that TF won't go on is down to him and nobody else.

torchomatic

Geoff Foster reminds me of the journalist Tim Messenger in Hot Fuzz. I can imagine him finally getting a moment to ask Fisher a question and he would probably ask, 'Now Tim, what's your ideal Sunday?' ;)

I don't if it was Mowbray being talkative or whatever but the Foster/Venus interviews are excruciating.

hutch1972

Don't believe a word of it , but if the conversation did take place , could someone tell me if we have any cloth left to cut.
We don't sell our own tickets or merchandise and probably employ less people than any professional team in the fl , so short of finding a squad to play for nothing I fail to see how they can cut anymore.

singers_pore

We don't sell our own tickets or merchandise and probably employ less people than any professional team in the fl.

Indeed, and yet our total staff costs in the audited accounts appear unreasonably high relative to the supposed player budget of 2m-2.5m. There is something weird going on there even accounting for the 200K that we waste on TF.

rupert_bear

Of course it's bollox, so a chairman who hasn't uttered a word publically in months phoned who ? tells him get prepared for some really bad news in a couple of months ! Has Fisher got a list of contacts he could phone ? no media types. Bullshit !!

kapowaz

I have no idea whether this is legit or not, but let’s assume for the moment it is; if so, then TF is completely out of touch:

Fans are customers. If your business fails because your customers decide not to buy your product, this doesn’t make it your customers’ fault. This is straight up emotional blackmail.

Ah, the venerable No true Scotsman fallacy. No real fan would boycott the club, therefore anyone who does isn’t a real fan? Pull the other one, Tim — your actions aren’t above scrutiny, and see also point 6 about how your customers are entitled not to support your business when the product is bad and your business run unethically/unsustainably.

That all said, I couldn’t find fault with point 7.

hill83

Don't believe a word of it , but if the conversation did take place , could someone tell me if we have any cloth left to cut.
We don't sell our own tickets or merchandise and probably employ less people than any professional team in the fl , so short of finding a squad to play for nothing I fail to see how they can cut anymore.

If people like to believe it or not we do have a half decent wage budget for this league. And they could easily cut that with no hesitation.

letsallsingtogether

If people like to believe it or not we do have a half decent wage budget for this league. And they could easily cut that with no hesitation.
What is the wage budget?
We keep hearing how good it is yet we don't know what it is or what other clubs are paying.

When asked about the budget and where we stood to other teams CA said he didn't know what our budget was let alone our competitor's.
Yet everyone on here seems to know bar me.

hill83

What is the wage budget?
We keep hearing how good it is yet we don't know what it is or what other clubs are paying.

When asked about the budget and where we stood to other teams CA said he didn't know what our budget was let alone our competitor's.
Yet everyone on here seems to know bar me.

Dunno. But we've signed a few half decent players and Mowbray mentioned it's not dropped from last season so I'm having a guess.
Even if it is shite and the lowest in the league, my point stands. They can and will cut it.

NorthernWisdom

Dunno. But we've signed a few half decent players and Mowbray mentioned it's not dropped from last season so I'm having a guess.
Even if it is shite and the lowest in the league, my point stands. They can and will cut it.

Yup, could have played Harries instead of Turnbull, Lameiras instead of Bigi, Thomas instead of Agyei etc. etc.

bawtryneal

Guess what ! I've just had Lord Lucan on the phone and he has told me that he has found Shergar in a field just outside Basingstoke.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

I have no idea whether this is legit or not, but let’s assume for the moment it is; if so, then TF is completely out of touch:

Fans are customers. If your business fails because your customers decide not to buy your product, this doesn’t make it your customers’ fault. This is straight up emotional blackmail.

Ah, the venerable No true Scotsman fallacy. No real fan would boycott the club, therefore anyone who does isn’t a real fan? Pull the other one, Tim — your actions aren’t above scrutiny, and see also point 6 about how your customers are entitled not to support your business when the product is bad and your business run unethically/unsustainably.

That all said, I couldn’t find fault with point 7.

9. No true CEO would asset strip the club.

Users who are viewing this thread