Fixtures wise we're fucked (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Good news as its another match coh will be available for

He will still be sold if fit in January I would think

Grendel

bleddy Horse racing still going on! thats the only "sport" she even liked

They have cancelled the St Leger haven’t they?

covboy1987

I'm more concerned about the fact that this is yet another month that the club hasn't received any ticketing/F&B/parking income.

One home fixture in two months. There's also the WC break coming up in November.
I am more concerned ofthe way the club has set it self up 'self sufficient' & 'provide your own funds' This
I'm more concerned about the fact that this is yet another month that the club hasn't received any ticketing/F&B/parking income.

One home fixture in two months. There's also the WC break coming up in November.
Very concerning no income etc but surely when unusual situations occur not budgeted for this is when the backers put there hand in there pocket and bank roll the club

Johhny Blue

I am more concerned ofthe way the club has set it self up 'self sufficient' & 'provide your own funds' This

Very concerning no income etc but surely when unusual situations occur not budgeted for this is when the backers put there hand in there pocket and bank roll the club
God save our gracious team

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Fixture congestion is going to put a massive strain on the club. It's the knock on effects that are a problem. Cancellation due to our Queens death is unfortunate but understandable in my view. Disappointed to see other sports don't feel the same. Although I can see the logic in playing and allowing the teams and players to show their respects this weekend. It will be October before ccfc can do such a thing. But it should have been all or no sports not pick and choose.

The effect on ccfc due to all the fixture changes could be huge

The squad is small and under cooked because of the postponed fixtures already. Physically they won't get any rest and that increases the risk of injury as well as affecting match energy. Team needs points so the best players needed to play, small squad with no great depth its not going to be easy

The team relies on confidence to play our style of football and is already playing catch up. Having games in hand is fine so long as we win them all. Not sure I see that happening.

Crowd sizes could be affected, so many games close together, economic situation, whether the team is winning etc. Most cash flow will come back but games played of evening don't usually equate to Saturday ones

The finances will be severely strained. We clearly did not have a financial buffer. Cash flow income will be difficult and lower - player wages and overheads wont be lower. The owners will no doubt have to fund, very short term, operations, but I have no doubt those funds will be extracted at the first opportunity. It may be the club has to come to arrangements with some creditors for time to pay perfectly understand that many companies have to. but we will never know.

Anyone expecting a transfer pot in January is sadly mistaken I think it will require a major sale to create anything meaningful and even then the timing of that sale will affect things.

MR is going to be under massive pressure to achieve. Right now I put achievement as just staying in the division. A lot of it is well outside of his control. Would suggest with all of the fixture problems this could be the hardest season of his managerial career. In the circumstances he deserves patience and understanding, not something a lot of football fans and indeed some owners are known for

I very much hope I am wrong and that everything goes well, the team wins and keeps winning...... the finances take care of themselves then in a sense ...... but I don't see it

Last edited:

duffer

I think the FSA was right on this one, and not for the first time the people running football were wrong.

Maybe the FA/Premier League could show some respect to the slightly smaller clubs like us who are most financially impacted, by covering some of the lost income.

Clubs that can spend billions on players meanwhile, aren't sure whether they'll pay the casual staff impacted by the cancellations...

Matt smith

The only positive is that we hopefully we’ll have Kane Kelly and COH back for the Middlesbrough home game.

I fully back MR to sign a free agent in the coming weeks too

Matt smith

What I would say is hopefully we can start winning games and then the games won’t come quick enough

however I do agree with most of your post saddle.

more games with COH though

Flying Fokker

there are only 2 spare midweeks between October and the world cup - fill them in, and there is literally no rest it is literally 2 games a week every week
we are actually playing again on World cup quarter final day - does that go ahead if england are involved ?
Many years ago, we had a small squad, had postponements due to frozen pitches etc. What is different about football nowadays?

Grendel

Between us and wasps there are at least 37 games to play on the pitch between now and May

JulianDarbyFTW

It certainly feels like a relegation season to me. It was right to shift players not up to the standard (Shipley, Jones and so on) but it's probably come at the cost of some team spirit and unity, and the squad looks paper thin and, arguably, unbalanced. Two games a week will ruin us.

clint van damme

It certainly feels like a relegation season to me. It was right to shift players not up to the standard (Shipley, Jones and so on) but it's probably come at the cost of some team spirit and unity, and the squad looks paper thin and, arguably, unbalanced. Two games a week will ruin us.

Like you I've not got a great feeling about this season but its reassuring to see the usual bedwetters banging on about relegation because their doom and gloom predictions are usually bollocks, though even a stopped clock etc.....

slowpoke

We have it in us to make the CBS a bit of a fortress, we always lose to PNE anyway, win at least two thirds of our home games we’ll be okay,

stupot07

We have it in us to make the CBS a bit of a fortress, we always lose to PNE anyway, win at least two thirds of our home games we’ll be okay,
We only won 10 of 23 at home last season, and that includes ridiculously good start of winning our first 6 games at home. We were 16th in the league playing at home and 8th playing away.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread