Fm2013 (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

I had a takeover, but by graham taylor and he's hardly injected the club with cash! Lucky you!

Yeah I've had takeovers like that before, but never a big sugar daddy before. I can only assume I'll be fired before the season's out and he'll turn out to be some kind of tyrant.

covcity4life

im 7th in december at moment, i was top 2 for a ehile but went on a losing streak

i play 3 upfront with ROD my top scorer on 6 lol, bought robbie fowler like an idiot,hes shite now

had some good loans like trotta but under embargo now so couldnt renew

marcus87

It's really not that difficult. Get the correct training setup and tactics and you are half way there. It's more effort making it up.
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I have the game and I know for a fact you can't win the champions league in 8 seasons with cov without cheating

covcity4life

&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I have the game and I know for a fact you can't win the champions league in 8 seasons with cov without cheating

agreed

its a myth that champ is just a case of find good tactic and reap rewards constantly

Squelly1987

Well now second in the championship every 1 is chipping in with goals really Simon church Baker my on loan winger even bailey has hit couple of screamers in from 20 yards,

I'm not coming up to transfer window and contemplating trying to sell the edge to raise money but his form is ace stats all going up but 3 mill would be massive boost to my team :/
This is the hardest cov team I've had to manage in all the games, last couple you could sell couple players to make a mill or 2 like the juke, and the board kinda helped out with a million once you were doing well

scroobiustom

In 4th season with Tenerife (started unemployed) in La Liga now or Liga BBVA after 2 promotions in 4 seasons not bad going!

Just waiting for the Cov job to come up (languishing in bottom half of league 1 :mad:)

scroobiustom

I find 4-1-2-2-1 is the ultimate formation;

GK - (default GK, distribution to DR/DL)
DR/DL - (full back - auto)
DC - (limited cover, but stopper if no pace)
DM - (anchor man)
MC - (box to box & deep lying playmaker)
AML/ AMR - (winger - attack)
ST - (advanced forward)

If you have a good corner routine to share i'm all ears!

ajsccfc

That's not a fact. It's highly unlikely but is possible, people have done far better than get a League One team into Europe on the game without cheating.

covcity4life

That's not a fact. It's highly unlikely but is possible, people have done far better than get a League One team into Europe on the game without cheating.

the developers have made it damn hard to make it more relaistic

you need to play for virtual years and improve stadiums or buy stadiums etc

ajsccfc

I've been taken over and made rich and have been tasked with promotion to the Premier league in my third season. This would leave me a full five seasons to continue this acceleration up the table and into Europe which is apparently factually impossible. I haven't cheated.

ajsccfc

A lot probably do, but you can't really say it's a fact that you can't do it and it's impossible when this isn't the case. A lot of people specifically play the game to take small clubs to the top so there are digital wizards who can perform footballing miracles with no foul play.

Davo

Back to back promotions, 10th then 8th in first 2 seasons in prem.
Think I'm gonna struggle to do any better to be honest. Taken the club as far as I can! :)

covcity4life

A lot probably do, but you can't really say it's a fact that you can't do it and it's impossible when this isn't the case. A lot of people specifically play the game to take small clubs to the top so there are digital wizards who can perform footballing miracles with no foul play.

i didnt say it was a fact

just agreed with a posters sentiment about porkie telling

Brighton Sky Blue

It's reasonable to be sceptical when someone says they've made an awful team into world beaters. I personally find it near impossible to so much as get City to the PL so hats off to anyone who gets them further.

ajsccfc

Spectical is fine, but 'that's impossible and you're a definite liar' is odd. I mean, if I were any good and my chairman doesn't realise that he's made a horrible, horrible mistake and sell up Champions League within the next five seasons is a definite possibility. Then I'll have that statue of me made, straddling the A444.

Tomh111

First season I played 4-4-1-1 with Fleck in behind McDonald and I signed Sbai as a left back and Prince Buaben on loan in centre mid.
Second i played 4-2-3-1 and signed Korey smith and had Bigi on loan in the centre midfield and picked up Joshua king on a free up front, signed a dansh guy called peter nyman in january who was a rapid right winger.
Third I played 4-4-1-1 again and managed to get tottenham as a parent club so got danny rose on loan at left mid and barry bannan on loan from villa. Signed Rodolfo Zelaya who scored bags and got me promoted.
Then in the prem have just played a standard 4-4-2 till this season where I have gone back to 4-2-3-1 to give me more width.

The key has been signing regen players though tbh, I have the best striker in the game a dutch regen called mark berger and a couple of centre backs that are beasts. Trying to bring through english talent so I can fill my homegrown spots in the champions league so have the 2 starting england CM's.

Hulb

I have the 2013 Handheld
First two attempts as ccfc manager sacked mid season
Third attempt and I'm now in season 2025-26
Currently in the premiership having won it for six consecutive seasons.
Won Champions league last season
I dont touch the tactics i.e. play 4-4-2
What i have done is sign loads of 15-17 yr old Europeans for next to nothing with good stats. If it says future star then they turn into top players
After about a season they develop and become top players.
I sold any current player if an offer was made to fund buying these young players
I have 7 players in the England squad
My top striker is Herve Clement a frenchman who has now scored 300 goals over about 8 seasons
I was asked my opinion about a takeover and i said no.

D

Deleted member 4232

I ruined FM for myself. Downloaded a pilgrims n play tactic from fm-base which had me win about 80% of my games. Took Nuneaton to the champions league and won the treble. The resigned, took the Manchester united job, released all of their players, bough shit Cov youth for record fees, with ridiculous contracts, and destroyed them.

ajsccfc

End of third season

wznGM.jpg

Haven't cheated yet.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wow you lot must of took a lot of time writing these fakes stories to win the champions league in 8 seasons with cov is near a enough impossible if you did that you must of cheated
Haven't played 13 butI have played nearly every other year, pretty easy as there are lots of downloadable tactics on football manager forums which pretty much do the work for you. In my Football manager 12 I had like 8 premier league titles, 4 champions leagues 9 FA Cups and 8 League cups by like the year 2025

JulianDarbyFTW

FM13 is at half-price on steam until tomorrow - £14.99. Downloading now.

I've had every one from CM93 through to FM12 (barring FM08 for some reason) and without cheating I always take a non-league team to European glory within 15 seasons. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of the tactics to be fair, so winning the CL within 8 years with CCFC is perfectly reasonable within the context of the game.

Brighton Sky Blue

FM13 is at half-price on steam until tomorrow - £14.99. Downloading now.

I've had every one from CM93 through to FM12 (barring FM08 for some reason) and without cheating I always take a non-league team to European glory within 15 seasons. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of the tactics to be fair, so winning the CL within 8 years with CCFC is perfectly reasonable within the context of the game.

Either you're very good, I'm crap, or both!

JulianDarbyFTW

I think it's more the fact that I've played it for 20 years and I've kind of worked out how it works tbh. There are far better players than me. I play dafuges challenge (google it for details) and whilst I often complete it there are many people who do it quicker and more impressively.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it's more the fact that I've played it for 20 years and I've kind of worked out how it works tbh. There are far better players than me. I play dafuges challenge (google it for details) and whilst I often complete it there are many people who do it quicker and more impressively.

I've played manager games for about 10-15 years to be fair but just never really got the hang of them.

ajsccfc

In a timely example of losing heavily in the first leg of a cup tie, this happened:

lBGkAAv.png

Also I've qualified for the Champions League within seven seasons WITHOUT CHEATING. I won't win it because I'm not great, but I'm blowing preconceptions out of the water.

scroobiustom

Managing Lyon in 2023 now, just signed this superstar for £9m

Attachments

• sabri.jpg
    sabri.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 24

ajsccfc

No, I'd probably have won a lot more than two FA Cups and a League Cup if I used the tactic of someone who knew what they were doing. As with all FMs I somehow amble through with my slightly ropey yet successful playing style.

With Cov at the moment I've got a 4-2-3-1 kind of thing, which I've stuck to steadfast since my rip-roaring spell with Roma in around FM2005 (whenever they had Mancini). Would you believe that Cody McDonald wasn't as good in the system as Francesco Totti was?

covcity4life

fair enough,just asking,your doing well

i play 4(with wing backs)2-1-3

very attackign and works a treat with good players

with cov its bit hit and miss with existing squad, im 8th in march during my first season. when i get some talented youth in i can hopefully push on to super stardom

ajsccfc

I've got the best defensive record in the league currently, but I'm about 20 goals down on the leaders. Just finished an all-time high second albeit some distance behind Man Utd, so this is the season. Maybe. Probably not.

JulianDarbyFTW

I holidayed for the first season, then took over Carshalton who'd just won promotion to the BSS. Took me 3 seasons to get going but then got 3 successive promotions. I'm in my second L1 season now but I tweaked my 4312 so much I can't remember the player roles I had success with. Seems like I'll be stuck there for another season or two.

Users who are viewing this thread