Football League deadline update (2 Viewers)

RoboCCFC90

I would be surprised if it was a points deduction even. This is the FL we're talking about.

If I remember right wasn't the term they used "a full range of sanctions"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

The FL don't have the backbone for such action.

It will most likely just be a transfer embargo which in reality just punishes the fans.

I think if that happened we'd struggle..

skybluetony176

If I remember right wasn't the term they used "a full range of sanctions"?

I think that was exactly what they said. Ambiguous as usual and even then it will be at the boards discretion. If they do make sisu cough up (assuming sisu haven't coughed up already) I think it will be a fine at worse, they'll probably suspend it to.

RoboCCFC90

I think that was exactly what they said. Ambiguous as usual and even then it will be at the boards discretion. If they do make sisu cough up (assuming sisu haven't coughed up already) I think it will be a fine at worse, they'll probably suspend it to.

Let's hope so, I think I remember the original CT article did say that the Golden Share could be rescinded, but I can't find that article.. I have tried contacting the Football League and FA, but nowt..

bigfatronssba

Agree. The FL would rather the money than doing anything else. All they see is £££££££.

RoboCCFC90

Agree. The FL would rather the money than doing anything else. All they see is £££££££.

Would sort another outstanding issue though wouldn't it if they expelled us ?

RoboCCFC90

What if there's more to this issue than the eye can see ie stuff that hasn't been reported in local media?

Even the Telegraph don't know what is happening... That says something..

Snozz_is_god

Even the Telegraph don't know what is happening... That says something..

SISU are just playing for time and at the same time gambling that the Football league don't have the balls to throw them out.

As for a points deduction, SISU don't care because as soon as the JR finds in CCC/ACL's favor they'll sell who/what they can and liquidate.

italiahorse

A lot of people over Twitter & Facebook stating that today we could expelled from the Football League.. I hope this is scaremongering...

Ive seen a twitter saying the world will end.
Should I worry or wait until it's confirmed on Facebook ?
FFS

chiefdave

A lot of people over Twitter & Facebook stating that today we could expelled from the Football League.

If you remove the emotion with it being our club and look at it objectively you would say the most logical course of action would be expulsion. In simple terms Otium were granted the golden share on condition they make a payment of £590K to ACL. The deadline for that payment has now passed without it being made therefore Otium have breached the terms on which the golden share was issued, the obvious result would be to remove the golden share.

For once the lack of a backbone at the football league should work in our favour as I would doubt they would do that but they make some odd decisions so you never know. If anything is going to happen I would imagine it will be at the FL AGM next week.

This whole situation is typical of how SISU run things. When they were first ordered to make the payment it seemed very straightforward, Otium to pay ACL £590K. As it dragged on we had assurances from SISU that it would be paid before the deadline, then it changed to might be late due to the way banks work, then we might not have to pay it all and now there's an unspecified amount in escrow.

Spionkop

Mr T. Sukka, right on the nail. They are gambling with our club.
It should be a case of doing everything within our powers to get Sisu out. Just don't negotiate with them.
They are our worst nightmare come true.
It has gone beyond bad, I'd rather start afresh than be locked in with them as owners.

Kingokings204

I doubt sisu would actually care now if ccfc was taken off them as in the golden share. What business would want to run at such losses and enjoy it.

I agree with the above. Look at it at face value... Otium haven't paid on time in condition due the golden share so then there are consequences but what they are remains to be seen but it's not good news .

Best news would be sisu get the golden share off them. Fingers crossed.

shmmeee

So....Is this McGinnity/Robinson deal something Appleton has found in the liquidation process?

If not, what's the relevance to the admin process? If so, why the hell didn't he find it before admin?

Surely you can't argue after the fact about what was owed according to the administrator? The club may or may not have a point, but I don't see how it changes anything.

/confused

shmmeee

If the FL take any action, Sisu will sue the pants off them. We know that. They know that. That's why they got the GS in the first place.

shmmeee

I can see it being a points deduction.. But as you said it's not out of the realms of possibility!

I think the other thing to think about is what do the relegated clubs think about this? If they catch wind and think it's a route they can take I don't see why they wouldn't launch action against the FL. The amount of slack we've received has pissed enough people off as it is, i'm really not sure we should be playing with fire like this.

There's every chance the FL, if they do decide on a deduction, could be under pressure to apply it to last season, and probably relegate us.

FFS I just want a nice close season where I read outlandish transfer rumours and watch England come home early.

skybluetony176

I think the other thing to think about is what do the relegated clubs think about this? If they catch wind and think it's a route they can take I don't see why they wouldn't launch action against the FL. The amount of slack we've received has pissed enough people off as it is, i'm really not sure we should be playing with fire like this.

There's every chance the FL, if they do decide on a deduction, could be under pressure to apply it to last season, and probably relegate us.

FFS I just want a nice close season where I read outlandish transfer rumours and watch England come home early.

Look on the bright side. If we do get relegated we stand to break our record attendance for suxfields. I'm sure we'll fill the away end when we have to play NTFC and they'll be plenty of us in the home end too.

shmmeee

Great, now I'm worried about relegation.

I suppose our home crowds wouldn't look so out of place at least.

And our defence might look quite good.

Maybe we'd bounce straight back with big crowds! (anyone else getting deja vu?)

Samo

From what I've read this all seems to be a bit of an over reaction. It looks like the club have asked for extra time to look at the 300k paid by the two ex chairs. (which sounds like a fantastic excuse to get past the JR) They have said the money is in the escrow ready to go and they are talking to the FL.

shmmeee

From what I've read this all seems to be a bit of an over reaction. It looks like the club have asked for extra time to look at the 300k paid by the two ex chairs. (which sounds like a fantastic excuse to get past the JR) They have said the money is in the escrow ready to go and they are talking to the FL.

I agree, assuming of course, that all the Labovitch says is true. The track record on that one isn't great, and I think that's what's worrying most. If there's one thing you learn as a City fan it's never count your chickens until they've hatched, or in this case, until 10 months after they've hatched.

RoboCCFC90

What worries me is you have two different situations and I could see both of them being resolved in a certain manner.

On one side of the coin you have the situation at our Club now the Owners of our Club knew about the deadline to pay the £590K to ACL as part of the agreement to being handed the Golden Share and Otium were well aware of what would happen should they not do so.

That said at two other Football Clubs you have a situation bubbling under the surface, Bristol Rovers were relegated to the Conference on the last day of the season, at this moment they're trying to take action against Wycombe because of strange dealings within transfer activity. One of them has to be relegated, what if the Football League relegated neither of them and sent us down instead? Then choosing a play off between the teams who went down from League 1 and who failed in the play offs from League 2 to take our place in League 1 next season...

Of course this will sound like I am scaremongering at it's not meant to come across that way but for the Football League it would represent a solution to both problems..

I just hope that for all our sakes it's a little financial punishment..

Astute

He said that they had put a large amount of money in the account. He didn't say that they had put the full amount in the account. Looks like another twisting of words from him.

The deal was that the money was paid by yesterday. He didn't say that the FL had agreed to a payment not in full. Anything could happen although I would expect a points deduction at worse. But it depends on how pissed off the FL are with the way SISU have dealt with everything to do with our club. And then if we do get a points deduction I hope it is off next seasons points and not last seasons tally.

shmmeee

Sent us down to the Conference?

Would that result in the removal of the GS or does it apply all the way down the pyramid?

skybluetony176

What worries me is you have two different situations and I could see both of them being resolved in a certain manner.

On one side of the coin you have the situation at our Club now the Owners of our Club knew about the deadline to pay the £590K to ACL as part of the agreement to being handed the Golden Share and Otium were well aware of what would happen should they not do so.

That said at two other Football Clubs you have a situation bubbling under the surface, Bristol Rovers were relegated to the Conference on the last day of the season, at this moment they're trying to take action against Wycombe because of strange dealings within transfer activity. One of them has to be relegated, what if the Football League relegated neither of them and sent us down instead? Then choosing a play off between the teams who went down from League 1 and who failed in the play offs from League 2 to take our place in League 1 next season...

Of course this will sound like I am scaremongering at it's not meant to come across that way but for the Football League it would represent a solution to both problems..

I just hope that for all our sakes it's a little financial punishment..

If we did get a retrospective points deduction my guess is it would be 5. We'd start next season in the forth tier and Tranmere would get a reprieve with reinstatement back into the third tier.

The Bristol/Wycombe scenario will play out on it's own stage.

bigfatronssba

Its a good job they are always true to their word isn't it?

Hopefully this results in a financial penalty. That is the most sensible thing. Hurts the owners, not the fans.

bigfatronssba

Sent us down to the Conference?

Would that result in the removal of the GS or does it apply all the way down the pyramid?

The GS is just for the Football League.

shmmeee

Yes, let's hope Sisu are ordered to pay money. That's always resolved quickly with few problems. :D

bigfatronssba

Thanks, so turning it around. If the GS is removed do we just drop to the Conference?

I think it would depend on the next available space, so it just as likely to be much lower. (Teams just promoted into the conference wouldn't be too happy about having to give up their place for us).

All hypothetical of course.

sky blue john

If the money is in the escrow ready to go then they must know how much to pay ??
Got any more excuses on behalf of Sisu ?

sky blue john

If the FL take any action, Sisu will sue the pants off them. We know that. They know that. That's why they got the GS in the first place.

Why would the sue ?
I should imagine the fl are in a safe position from this sort of action. I hardly think Sisu would want the whole admin process dragged out in court, because thats what would happen.

Samo

If the money is in the escrow ready to go then they must know how much to pay ??
Got any more excuses on behalf of Sisu ?

Well let's see... I know exactly how much money is in my bank account and yet, I don't know how much my next gas bill will be. Do you see? If that sounds patronizing its because it was meant to be. You fucking tool.

chiefdave

If they are disputing that they have to pay £590K they could have placed that amount (the maximum they would have to pay) in escrow so that the FL knows it is there whilst they come to an agreement over the exact amount. I would be a lot more comfortable with the situation if the club confirmed the full amount was in escrow and the FL confirmed they were happy with this. At the moment we have SISU saying there is a dispute over the amount but nothing from the FL to suggest anything other than an expectation of full payment by the deadline agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread