Football Manager

Discussion in 'Technical Support / Computing / Gaming' started by ccfc92, Sep 19, 2014.

1. skybluegod

skybluegod Well-Known Member

I find the FM game more 'fixed' than thep version. As i only use the key highlight function, I knew that if we missed 2 good chances, then they would almost definitely score and win, and that pissed me off a bit cause it happens multiple times.

2. covcity4life

covcity4life Well-Known Member

I am.on laptop. Play network game with my friend. It gets competitive!

In depth or nothing for me

steve82 likes this.
  3. Covstu

Covstu Well-Known Member

I lost interest when it got too detailed

Terry Gibson's perm and vow like this.
  4. covcity4life

thats when the real fun began

my team is full of players who all share similar attributes, makes me a well oiled machine

5. ajsccfc

ajsccfc Well-Known Member

Finished first season on the 18 Beta, after a rocky start to League 2 where I was hovering between autos and playoffs going into January, ended up absolutely walking the division by a good 16 points with the best attack and defence. The central midfield really needs strengthening at the start though, luckily there were a few young freebies let go by PL/Champ teams. Nazon and McNulty both topped 20 goals apiece, but the late season takeover fell apart so I'm still stuck with Fisher for a while yet.

6. covcity4life

this game is not good for health

made a new formation as spurs inspired by pep and napolis trident. never scored so many goals per match(avg 3 a game and with 4 games left in season i have scored 85) defence is also BEST in the league

yet here i am with 4 games to go just 1 pt ahead of my friend who is liverpool. i am gonna choke. can feel it :(

7. covcity4life

should not have feared. my friend crumbled in last 4 games drawing 3 losing 1, i won the title with 3 to go

and then went on to win the champions league afte being 2 down to psg at half time i changed to very attacking tactic, got it to 2-1, then had man sent off, scored a free kcik equaliser. decided to keep going in extra time for the winner and got it! 3-2! spurs champions of europe!

8. vow

vow Well-Known Member

9. woody11462

woody11462 Active Member

Just started my game now, forsy few efforts kept crashing at the Nuneaton friendly but since the update it's orted.

Top of the league by 7 points having played 10 games. won 9 and drawn 1. Scored 28 and conceded 10. McNulty has 10 in 9 and Nazon has 8 in 9. Vincenti has 3 goals and 4 assists in 6 games.

Playing 4-4-2 with two advanced wingers. Signed McTominay (CM) from Man Utd, James (LW) from Swansea, Sinclair (CF) from Watford, Bjordal (RW) from Brighton and Verlunden (RW) from Stoke all on loan.

covcity4life likes this.
  10. ajsccfc

I thought we were a bit too good for League 2 as I eventually won it as a canter, but League 1 was eating my goal-filled dust from the very first game onward

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. superskyblue

superskyblue Active Member

How did you set your team up?

12. ajsccfc

Flat 4-3-3 with Grimmer and Haynes as more wingbacks than regular fullbacks. Jones and Nazon as strikers either side of McNulty, Kelly as holding and Stevenson + a rotation of other midfielders as 'carrilero'

13. Nick

Nick Administrator

I'm tempted to get it, but I think I might lose hours of my life.

Is there a quick way so you can just sort of simulate the match rather than play through it?

14. superskyblue

You can set each game to commentary only so you skip all highlights but still make subs in game. Or you can go on holiday and leave tactics, team selections, subs to your assistant manager.

15. Nick

Nick Administrator

I like the scouting, signing players etc but then it's the sitting through every game. I wouldn't use the actual 3d stuff anyway and would go old school with text view.

16. ajsccfc

17. Nick

Nick Administrator

Thanks, will have a look and see if I can lose a few weeks

18. RB1992

RB1992 Active Member

I have purchased FM18 and tried to play it, but I just can't figure it out. It's the first FM game I've played (used to boss LMA Manager on the PS2) and I just can't get my head around the sheer volume of information, screens, tactics etc. I played a couple of games with Coventry, lost them all, never played again.

19. Liquid Gold

Liquid Gold Well-Known Member

Been playing the mobile version which is good stripped back game for people who dont have loads of time and is only 8 quid.

Came 2nd in league 2 with McNulty getting something like 40 goals. 10 Games left in league 1 and I'm 3 points off 2nd but my form is dropping. Andreu and Kelly are trouble makers but I've managed to get some really good players in after selling Stevenson. Somehow managed to start a bidding war for Vincenti and shift him for £650k too!

20. superskyblue

If you set it for commentary only each game should last about 2 mins max so sounds like it could work for you.

21. steve82

steve82 Well-Known Member

Yep I'm a fan of the mobile version on the iPad too. Not as in depth as the pc version. I find it's the right balance but still as addictive.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  22. covcity4life

will get this if see any good deals around xmass.

always buy fm every 2 years, fm 16 was really hard and annoying but i have finnaly cracked it with a amazing trident attack formation

23. Alkhen

Alkhen Well-Known Member

As well as the insta results skin you do a few of these tips to speed up gameplay as well as load times and detail level :) makes it bearable for me.

Here's how you can dramatically speed up Football Manager [INSTANTLY]

Cant play as Cov as i just get pissed off with the real results compared to the in game action!

Currently guiding Salford City to the football league, i prefer a long term project

vow likes this.
  24. ajsccfc

The speed killer for me is the active leagues, I like to have most of the major European leagues (+Scotland if I'm playing in England) running so the game seems more legit and you get more players coming through.

25. Liquid Gold

Liam Kelly can fuck off. 2 Promotions in two years and he doesn't have faith in my ability?!

26. ajsccfc

I've gone up too quick I think, the Championship has cottoned on to the fact that I've still got the majority of a squad that pissed League 2 and 1. I'm hoping for a solid consolidation season before I rip the guts out of the team in the summer.

27. Liquid Gold

The mobile version is mental. I worked out if you offer your players out on the cheap you can start a bidding war and just slowly raise the price until its way over value. Sold Haynes for £1.4m and Kelly for £1.7m. Brexit is killing me though, can't pick up any young European players.

vow likes this.
  28. RB1992

RB1992 Active Member

Which team you playing as mate?

29. woody11462

woody11462 Active Member

Won league 2 with a record points haul of 103 for the season for that league. McNulty finished with 39 goals in 43 games in the league. I've signed far too many players on loan for the '5 in match day squad' rule for the next season. Renewed some from last years and added George Thomas, Matthew Pennington and Adam Armstrong (it wasn't even sentimental, just three that would accept the offer!) Also got Honeyman from Sunderland, Zelalem from Arsenal and Walton from Brighton on loan and signed Shinnie, Caulker and Paul Downing on a free. Sold Turnbull even though he was the best rates defender as I just didn't want him back in my team.

Changing between my advanced 4-4-2 and a 4-3-3 after hearing how well ajsccfc did. After 7 games in league 1 I'm second on goal difference behind Mowbray's Blackburn with 5 wins and 2 draws.