Football Manager

Discussion in 'Technical Support / Computing / Gaming' started by ccfc92, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Brighton Sky Blue

Brighton Sky Blue Well-Known Member

3 consecutive promotions with a straight forward 4-4-2. Now in the PL with a £35 million budget which doesn't cover the sides of what is necessary to make the team competitive, but so far so good. Takeover in L2 allowed me some good freebies to add year on year. Couldn't get 4-3-3 to work although it's meant to be a goal trigger.

2. Sick Boy

Sick Boy Well-Known Member

A former footballer tried to get a takeover together but it fell through, so looks like I'm stuck with Fisher for the time being.

3. Brighton Sky Blue

Conor Townsend and Matt Kennedy were wingers on free transfers in my L1 season to keep an eye out for, about 40 assists between them. Quite funny that 4-4-2 was so effective after all the time fucking around with more elaborate formations.

Sick Boy likes this.
  4. Sick Boy

I've managed to get us consecutive promotions and we are now back in the Championship and treading water, just! There was a hard Brexit and it's a nightmare with work permits, I've even managged to sign a couple of v decent players on frees but they were both denied work permits and are unable to play at the moment.

5. ajsccfc

ajsccfc Well-Known Member

I got the worst version of Brexit on it but once in the Premier League it doesn't seem to hurt you as much as conditional work permits seem to be a bit more freely given out. I had to disable it completely in 17 as it completely ruined my Cov save, I might do it again in this when I start my next game.

6. Sick Boy

I suspect that I have the worst version of it as well, it really is a nightmare!! Even if a player has been signed and you're paying wages, is a work permit likely to be denied the 2nd time around (180 days after the first attempt)?

7. Brighton Sky Blue

Hard luck with that. I seemed to get a nasty Brexit as well which didn't help so just had to stick to British freebies and loans.

8. ajsccfc

ajsccfc Well-Known Member

Not sure, if they fail the first appeal I tend to just cancel the transfer as I don't trust they'll ever get signed up properly.

9. Liquid Gold

Liquid Gold Well-Known Member

I can't sign any European players but somehow managed to get a 17 year old Argentinian kid who scored a load of goals which lead to me finishing 2nd in the championship. Getting offered £25m for him now but no way I'm selling. Straight promotions from league 2 to the championship and then a year of consolidation before going up to the prem, really worried now though that I'm going to get tanked cos I've still got squad players from league 2.

10. Sick Boy

I'm in January 2020 and midtable in the Championship during our first season back at that level. The squad has a lot of our league 2 squad players but doing okay but massively inconsistent. Beating the top teams and then losing to a bottom 3 team the next week. Saying that though, we've done the double over Sunderland, beating them 5.0 at home and 4.0 away :D

11. Brighton Sky Blue

Wonder if Robins plays FM?

12. Alkhen

Alkhen Well-Known Member

Im too cheap to buy the latest versions of FM. usually pick up the year previous version on CDKeys for peanuts and download updated databases to make it up to date from Sortitoutsi.

Currently playing as Salford City. scraped them into the football league and signed James Maddison on a free

Loving it, was able to get a load of that good england U17s squad on a free. Brewster is a goal machine

have Scott McTominay from Man U who is class

13. vow

vow Well-Known Member

Been playing FM14 atm after buying it along with FM15, 17 and 18 from Dover Athletic for peanuts!

Probably why I haven't posted on here for a while. Happy New year!

wingy likes this.