Formal Planning Objection from CCFC (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

You make it sound as if CA has said "You are going to give me these, on my terms, at the times I say, for the price I say". Jeez, he requested some info in writing, he didn't really dictate anything did he?

He dictated a reply in writing or he wouldn't attend a meeting to try and gain a future of an academy that is part of the company he works for.

letsallsingtogether

Wasps had fuck all to do with Coventry - didn't stop them waltzing in and lording it up over everything... While CCC and CET in the background like some pantomime villians.
And where were our owners at the time?

Oh yes that glorious in that town........
We had meetings with our owners warned them about the rumours of Wasps they just laughed it off.
Well they are not laughing now.
Their answer was nobody else would want it.

Grendel

Isn't that as big a myth as SISU using CCFC as a cash cow? Could be wrong but I'm sure I've read on here several times that ACL has never paid out dividends.

It didn't under the council which is one reason why half purchase was always useless.

Grendel

dongonzalos

You make it sound as if CA has said "You are going to give me these, on my terms, at the times I say, for the price I say". Jeez, he requested some info in writing, he didn't really dictate anything did he?

We want something from CSF and Wasps.
We moaned that they were ignoring us and will not talk to us about what we want.
They agreed to attend a meeting with us to discuss it.
We agreed to attend the meeting as well.
Then at the last minute we refuse to go to the meeting and say we will not attend any meetings with them to discuss it, unless they send their proposals in writing first.

Unless I am missing something here. There is no legal obligation that they have to give us anything beyond 2017.
I appreciate it would be great if they did and PR wise it would be much better for them if they did.
However some believe that they are not fussed about us and don't really want us there.
Others say this is a conspiracy to punish SISU or force SISU out.

As it stands at the moment if any of the above is true then they are getting away with it Scot free. To anyone at the moment and rightly so CA (SISU) is been completely unreasonable.

CSF and Wasps are been totally reasonable saying this is a complicated matter that needs face to face discussions first and then you work our the proposals from there.

You can justify CA's actions in whatever way you want. However the simple truth is he won't attend a meeting that the supposed baddies are willing to attend.

He is cutting off his nose to spite his face and once again hurts us in the process.

It's easy for Wasps and CSF now, if they genuinely are not bothered about us. This is one hassle that is going away for them with CA firmly getting the blame, which conviently sorts the PR angle as well

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Has he not dictated anything?
So it isn't a condition that he will only meet with the other parties if they write to him first?

Nick

Administrator
And there you have it don, hook line and sinker.

Wasps and csf come out with our fans saying how reasonable they are.

There's a reason they won't put anything in writing.

Captain Dart

"The Coventry City managing director has insisted the foundation must put in writing how the Academy can continue to operate at the Higgs Centre before he will agree to face to face talks."
Reads like a demand to me. CA seems to believe that CSF are responsible for CCFC Academy, they are not CCFC are and in particular their directors Mr Anderson, Mr Fisher & Mr Venus.

dongonzalos

There's one common factor still lurking around whose caused more damage than anyone.

Well let's see

Since SISU took over

New managers 20
New board members 20
New players 100
New Council leaders 3
New Chairman 4-5

Not much has been consistent all the way I don't think oh actually I am with you now

Lead lawyer for SISU and the owner
Of the club?

chiefdave

Straight up refused to put anything in writing.
The posts on here amaze me. I can't imagine the fans of any other club in our situation would be making posts defending CSF and Wasps and their treatment of CCFC.

They are point blank refusing to respond to the club in writing. There is a reason for that and its not hard to work out what it is.

Nicks post is right. There was no mention of helping the academy stay at Higgs, if anything the opposite saying the two couldn't co-exist, then when it was shining a negative light on Wasps and CSF the spin starts. People are so pre-disposed to blaming SISU for everything all it needs is a seed planting and Wasps and CSF are suddenly blameless.

dongonzalos

The posts on here amaze me. I can't imagine the fans of any other club in our situation would be making posts defending CSF and Wasps and their treatment of CCFC.

They are point blank refusing to respond to the club in writing. There is a reason for that and its not hard to work out what it is.

(Because they were about to meet with the bloke and he pulled out last minute and then started demanding stuff in writing that hasn't even been discussed yet. Otherwise he won't meet them. Remind me again who is the main beneficery if something gets sorted?)

Nicks post is right. There was no mention of helping the academy stay at Higgs, if anything the opposite saying the two couldn't co-exist, then when it was shining a negative light on Wasps and CSF the spin starts. People are so pre-disposed to blaming SISU for everything all it needs is a seed planting and Wasps and CSF are suddenly blameless.

To be honest I was struggling to work out who is to blame. The guys saying yes and actually attending a meeting aimed at discussing the future of the academy

Or

The guy who said no one is talking to us. Then agreed to a meeting with the people not talking to him.
Then pulled out of the meeting.
Then set a condition that must be met otherwise he won't meet them.

It was a tough decision over who comes out if this looking at fault. However I think my natural bias and my mistrust of SISU is blinding me, clouding my judgement a bit and surpringly pushing me towards blaming the bloke who didn't turn up and started setting conditions.

Have you ever considered that your judgement might be slightly clouded on this one?

stupot07

Nail on head

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
To be honest I was struggling to work out who is to blame. The guys saying yes and actually attending a meeting aimed at discussing the future of the academy

Or

The guy who said no one is talking to us. Then agreed to a meeting with the people not talking to him.
Then pulled out of the meeting.
Then set a condition that must be met otherwise he won't meet them.

It was a tough decision over who comes out if this looking at fault. However I think my natural bias and my mistrust of SISU is blinding me, clouding my judgement a bit and surpringly pushing me towards blaming the bloke who didn't turn up and started setting conditions.

Have you ever considered that your judgement might be slightly clouded on this one?

A condition wasn't set after the meeting was it? It was said from the start that CCFC wanted to start off with things in writing, they "said" they sent over a current timetable of what is being used and were asking for information on what from that could still be offered to the academy.

It was said before the Wasps news came out that CCFC were trying to sort out an extension and were emailing and writing but they were being ignored. CSF confirmed they had received written contact from CCFC.

Then the Wasps news came out.

Suddenly, CSF's door opens. They release statements not really saying much or confirming anything, basically just "The door is open".

I'd think it was between couldn't house us or just didn't actually want to (why should they?), they have now spun it so that people like you are reading their "our door is open" and saying that they were trying to help.

The questions you have to ask are, why wouldn't CSF / Wasps put anything in writing? I'd put money on this reason being linked to why CA was so insistent on it? He was being ignored before the Wasps stuff came out wasn't he?

Yes, you mention about judgement being clouded but I think people need to step back and look at the wider picture. You can be sarcastic about how it isn't a hard decision for you to see who is to blame, you also fought for Andy Thorn being a top manager and proud of the council. I wouldn't start bragging about your judgement ;)

dongonzalos

A condition wasn't set after the meeting was it? It was said from the start that CCFC wanted to start off with things in writing, they "said" they sent over a current timetable of what is being used and were asking for information on what from that could still be offered to the academy.

It was said before the Wasps news came out that CCFC were trying to sort out an extension and were emailing and writing but they were being ignored. CSF confirmed they had received written contact from CCFC.

Then the Wasps news came out.

Suddenly, CSF's door opens. They release statements not really saying much or confirming anything, basically just "The door is open".

I'd think it was between couldn't house us or just didn't actually want to (why should they?), they have now spun it so that people like you are reading their "our door is open" and saying that they were trying to help.

The questions you have to ask are, why wouldn't CSF / Wasps put anything in writing? I'd put money on this reason being linked to why CA was so insistent on it? He was being ignored before the Wasps stuff came out wasn't he?

Yes, you mention about judgement being clouded but I think people need to step back and look at the wider picture. You can be sarcastic about how it isn't a hard decision for you to see who is to blame, you also fought for Andy Thorn being a top manager and proud of the council. I wouldn't start bragging about your judgement ;)

I am not sure if I will get a straight answer to this but I will try anyway.

In your honest opinion should CA have attended that meeting?

Nick

Administrator
I am not sure if I will get a straight answer to this but I will try anyway.

In your honest opinion should CA have attended that meeting?

I have said I would have gone and recorded it in my pocket to prevent it being spun. Let's face it, he could go there and say 1 thing and something different could be on the front of the Telegraph the next day and who would people believe?

I really don't see the issue with kicking things off with it in writing, there is obviously a reason they didn't want to and it is obvious CA knew why as he called their bluff on it. Not a very helpful bluff granted but how would he have looked if they had just sent something over?

Even before the Wasps stuff came out, CSF were completely ignoring him... All of this "door is open stuff" came out in a rushed statement after the Wasps news broke as people were actually angry at Wasps and CSF ;)

Again, it is up to Wasps and CSF if they have them there. They are well within their rights to say "piss off", it is the fact our fans fall for it so easily time and time again!

chiefdave

Exactly. Anderson was talking to CSF, they stopped responding and ignored communications and then the Wasps new broke. At that point, after it had been stated Wasps and CCFC couldn't coexist at Higgs, Anderson asked for details of what would still be available in writing. Its hardly unreasonable behaviour from Anderson. Surely the question should be why the refusal to respond to a simple request.

dongonzalos

The only thing its clouded by is the fact that I want what is best for my football club over a local council and London rugby club.

You one sided take on things is a prime example of what I was talking about.

I take it then if I want the best for my football club over a local council and an ex London, Wycombe now Coventry Rugby club.
When the owners of my football club make a stupid decision that I believe hurts my football club.
I should defend their decision because they own the football club and the other party involved in the decision are Wasps?

Nick

Administrator
I take it then if I want the best for my football club over a local council and an ex London, Wycombe now Coventry Rugby club.
When the owners of my football club make a stupid decision that I believe hurts my football club.
I should defend their decision because they own the football club and the other party involved in the decision are Wasps?

You don't have to defend anything do you? You are currently defending a random rugby club !

People aren't looking at the bigger picture, Armybike was trying to tell me I was paranoid the other day because I said there was obviously more to it.... Then more news came out.

Why does nobody even wonder why CSF wouldn't put anything down on paper? Why does nobody wonder about the fact CSF were working with Wasps to help move them here?

chiefdave

No, and nobody has suggested you should. Why you should be upset about is a facility purpose built for the club, that only got planning permission as our academy was to be located there, that was on formally public land that there was a commitment to keep in community use is now being handed over, with greatly reduced facilities for public use, to a rugby club from London so they don't have to spend their own money on a new site.

Ian1779

Isn't that as big a myth as SISU using CCFC as a cash cow? Could be wrong but I'm sure I've read on here several times that ACL has never paid out dividends.
50 year lease at 1.3m a year is £65 million. Original loan was what? 21millon?

What would CCFC have got for their money?? Absolutely nothing... 0% ownership 0% revenue access.

That's what I call a cash cow to the council.

Users who are viewing this thread