France terrorist attack beheading (3 Viewers)

Macca

We won't get rid of them they will only expand through the next generation

Cov City Daytrader 87

We have to accept that there are people in this world who are stupid enough to think they are doing the right thing in the name of god. You will never, ever change some people's point of view. All we can try and do is make ourselves as safe as we can within the constraints of the law.

Reg. You can't change the person. Only they can choose to change or not.

Cov City Daytrader 87

We won't get rid of them they will only expand through the next generation

So there are only 2 options accept the world as it is or and it's a long shot...

The followers choose to get out of this screwed up thinking and choose to change their lives around for the positive.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Scum, and it's only going to get worse. Nostradamus predicted a war of the Mongols

I believe he also predicted a major war "that would change the world", which would start in the Middle East. :thinking about:

J

Jack Griffin

These people are nutters. You can't reason with nutters. They are not real Muslim's either.. despite that they claim to be. Most of their followers have little or no education, and have been fed parts of the Qu'ran out of context so to justify their actions.

What also concerns me is the inevitable backlash against normal Muslim people that find this attack just as abhorrent.

I don't know what the answer is, but nuking the Middle East and killing millions of innocent people as a result would make us no better.

Religion is a severe impediment to education, learning and often to peace as well.

You can't close your mind and discover new possibilities. You can't force your way of life on others without a reaction.

RegTheDonk

These people are nutters. You can't reason with nutters. They are not real Muslim's either.. despite that they claim to be. Most of their followers have little or no education, and have been fed parts of the Qu'ran out of context so to justify their actions.

What also concerns me is the inevitable backlash against normal Muslim people that find this attack just as abhorrent.

I don't know what the answer is, but nuking the Middle East and killing millions of innocent people as a result would make us no better.

I appreciate that these individuals are seriously disturbed/brainwashed and do not represent the true meaning of islam - but I do wish these "normal" muslim leaders who doubtless do find it abhorrent would get off their arses and do something. The last time was when Rigby was killed and that was only after a few days of outcry from the public and press, when we had a few clerics give out statements on how bad it all was.

They need to organise some national/international day of protest. Everyone who goes to a mosque should be encouraged to take part, to show that true muslims don't agree with whats going on. IF this could be expanded to France (who have had a tough time of it also lately), and across Europe, maybe then the message will start to get through.

If they sit on the fence there probably will be a backlash, because the autrocities will continue.

ajsccfc

Not when you want to save the planet from mindless killing by mindlessly killing millions of people.

Ian1779

I appreciate that these individuals are seriously disturbed/brainwashed and do not represent the true meaning of islam - but I do wish these "normal" muslim leaders who doubtless do find it abhorrent would get off their arses and do something. The last time was when Rigby was killed and that was only after a few days of outcry from the public and press, when we had a few clerics give out statements on how bad it all was.

They need to organise some national/international day of protest. Everyone who goes to a mosque should be encouraged to take part, to show that true muslims don't agree with whats going on. IF this could be expanded to France (who have had a tough time of it also lately), and across Europe, maybe then the message will start to get through.

If they sit on the fence there probably will be a backlash, because the autrocities will continue.

Absolutely agree with that. Show unity with others of all creeds.

Macca

Interestingly the news reporting of the incident has been strange to say the least. The British death leaked slowly each day. To lessen the impact in the public mind perhaps

Captain Dart

Interestingly the news reporting of the incident has been strange to say the least. The British death leaked slowly each day. To lessen the impact in the public mind perhaps

Haven't been looking, but I wonder how Al Jazeera & RT reported the death toll?

Macca

It seemed very strange to me. Usually in this day and age info is instant. Seemed very vague almost as to soften the blow. Far less harsh than an immediate headline of "30 British killed by Islamic Terrorist" Not wanting to rock the boat?

Greggs

Very interested and shocking watch.[video=youtube;weWgnOimfnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weWgnOimfnA[/video]

Cov City Daytrader 87

But the planet would be better off if the middle East didn't exist, wouldn't it?

And the terrorist mind set would be:

'Hey wouldn't it be a better place if planet earth was renamed Islam and the west was no more and all non-muslim were dead?'

Oh, here's another one. Hitler killing jews just to make Germany zero unemployment or because all Jewish people are bad.

How about what in happened Yugoslavia?

All 3 things I've mentioned above were ethnic cleansing.

And that quote you've just made is another type of ethnic cleansing. So basically you've got the same screwed up thinking as like ISIS and Hitler and those war criminals.

Johnnythespider

60 people being held hostage in a concert hall, explosions near the France and Germany game

xcraigx

26 dead, hostages at an Eagles of Death Metal (featuring Josh Homme of Queens of Stone Age) gig. Sounds horrible and probably more terrible news to come in the next few hours.

The Lurker

Might be to do with the killing of so called Jihadi John. Revenge attacks ?

This is what happens you open borders into Europe. I'm glad there's water between us and France. When will people realise there's 1000's terrorists in Europe now. Damage is done and is all too regular

chiefdave

Might be to do with the killing of so called Jihadi John. Revenge attacks ?

That seems to be going around on Twitter but doesn't seem to be sourced from anywhere reliable. Not sure why they'd go after the French when it was reported as a US / UK operation. Also would have thought multiple co-ordinated attacks would take a bit of planning and preperation.

bringbackrattles

That seems to be going around on Twitter but doesn't seem to be sourced from anywhere reliable. Not sure why they'd go after the French when it was reported as a US / UK operation. Also would have thought multiple co-ordinated attacks would take a bit of planning and preperation.
You may be right as it said on the news just now it could have been an attempt to get the French leader who was at the France v Germany game ?

wingy

Yeah this doesn't appear off the cuff /random action.

SkyBlue_Bear83

60-100 people reportedly being held hostage

Tragic events, major questions have to be raised about the European Championships now in the summer.

Alkhen

Josh Homme from Queens of the stone age was playing at the club where the hostages were taken . Grim scenes utterly unstoppable, it all seems too easy.

xcraigx

Josh Homme from Queens of the stone age was playing at the club where the hostages were taken . Grim scenes utterly unstoppable, it all seems too easy.

Turns out he isn't doing this tour so isn't with the group. Allegedly another shooting at a shopping centre in Paris too.

Users who are viewing this thread