Match Thread Fulham Match Thread - Sat 2nd Oct (2 Viewers)

djr8369

I wasn't at the game but it was strange how negative it seemed on here at half time... was the first half that bad?
Or is fan confidence so brittle that one hiding makes that much difference?
Performance and atmosphere was pretty flat tbf.

Frostie

So he was offside in his own half? The free-kick should have been in the Fulham half, as that is where the offence took place.

Jeez, how are people still not understanding this!? 😂

It is not an offence to stand in an offside position. The offence only occurs when he plays the ball/interferes which was in our half so that is where the free-kick is taken.

Gynnsthetonic

Seen Mcsheffey doing analysis for Sky not sure who with, was it Collymore doing the commentary, he was very complimentary about our goals!

stay_up_skyblues

What a day. Well worth getting soaked through for.

Imagine bringing in your sub/second CM pairing and your third choice striker and then sticking four past the league favourites. What a squad they’ve put together. Unbelievable response to Wednesday.

When we find a way to shore things up away from home and pick up some draws it could be time to break out the wank sock.

djr8369

Talk about a game of two half’s. COH, Dabo and Sheaf great in 2nd half, really broke up their play. Another great game from Hyam, great to see Ian get a goal, he’s tried that type of shot a few times and can see why, and another performance from Big Vik, kid just has a knack for finishing.

Brighton Sky Blue

So he was offside in his own half? The free-kick should have been in the Fulham half, as that is where the offence took place.

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Talk about a game of two half’s. COH, Dabo and Sheaf great in 2nd half, really broke up their play. Another great game from Hyam, great to see Ian get a goal, he’s tried that type of shot a few times and can see why, and another performance from Big Vik, kid just has a knack for finishing.

Hyam really making me eat my words last few games. Been outstanding both defensively and on the ball.

ps1948

It’s been comfortable for them. We’ve had joy a few times pressing but little else
By half-time we'd had 4 opportunities down the left where we opened their defence up. 3 of them resulted in not very good crosses by Maatsen, and the other in a shot by him which was brilliantly defended.

usskyblue

Because we were?

Captain hindsight

Can we say we played badly in the week if we win today?

We weren’t poor at all today, we were always in the game. Not being able to play a decisive final ball was really our only issue in the first half. Some of the posters on the Fulham forum thought we were ‘brilliant’ and the best team they’ve played so far.

I’m all for opinions but the over the top whiff seems largely because people can’t cope with us trailing in games. It certainly wasn’t reflective of how we were playing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread