Match Thread Fulham Match Thread - Sat 2nd Oct (3 Viewers)

tommy hutch legend

We weren’t poor at all today, we were always in the game. Not being able to play a decisive final ball was really our only issue in the first half. Some of the posters on the Fulham forum thought we were ‘brilliant’ and the best team they’ve played so far.

I’m all for opinions but the over the top whiff seems largely because people can’t cope with us trailing in games. It certainly wasn’t reflective of how we were playing.
Spot on we were always in the game and were better than them first half bar the own goal

fernandopartridge

(At 0-1) Their bubble will burst at some point

It already did midweek

Defo not a pen

This didn’t age well

They will destroy us at the Ricoh

4-1 now. They are going up, it’s as certain as we are not!

Not many will put 4 past Fulham this season.

It’s bizarre, having seen a couple of Cov games, they were terrible. They only beat Forest early on due to Forest being a bit worse than them

Edit: Funny how Forest just smashed them 3-0 at St Andrews.
They've got a bizarre superiority complex about us, despite the fact that they've won less and were a yo yo club while we stayed in the top flight

You'll Never Beat McPake

Table based on current top 6 teams games played against each other so far this season.
Bournemouth have only played once against WBA. Very even between everyone.

P W D L F A Pts
Bournemouth 1 0 1 0 2 2 1
WBA 3 1 1 1 4 4 4
Coventry 2 1 0 1 4 3 3
Stoke 2 1 0 1 1 3 3
Fulham 2 1 0 1 4 4 3
QPR 3 1 0 2 4 4 3

higgs

Hamer and Waghorn missing today we would have had a really strong bench today if they were available great squad robins has built on a shoe string

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Looking forward to catching up with all the posts tomorrow.

But have to say a real take home message; today proved that Wednesday was a blip and the performance today is our actual level. We’ve made so much progress, it’s impressive.

BackRoomRummermill

Very happy with the result - Fulham were ripped apart in the second half - 3 more points to get certain safety and then after that who knows - is it me or do I think I am watching a team capable of promotion ? I hate saying these things but at the moment I would be happy with 45 points

baldy

Really bizarre set of fans, I've never liked them and yes they really do think they are something they aren't.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My bro,who's a bluenose,bizarrely reckons that attendances at home are decent only due to people jumping on the bandwagon & snaffling up free tickets handed out by some places & that City are a 'credit to the rugby stadium' they're back in - he's even said in the past that City fans on the whole didn't wanna go back to the Ricoh/CBS because 'at least St Andrews is a 'proper' footy ground'
He actually lives in Coventry too so if anybody's interested,his address is................:ROFLMAO: (oh & no slagging off Brum itself please...I'm a local born & bred - but with my heart firmly with the Sky Blues ;))

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Had to wait until this evening to watch the highlights on Quest. (Refuse to pay rip-off Sky!) That goal by Matseen was something else! It wasn't just a smash it and hope shot either. He really meant to place it where he wanted to! Brilliant!

slowpoke

My bro,who's a bluenose,bizarrely reckons that attendances at home are decent only due to people jumping on the bandwagon & snaffling up free tickets handed out by some places & that City are a 'credit to the rugby stadium' they're back in - he's even said in the past that City fans on the whole didn't wanna go back to the Ricoh/CBS because 'at least St Andrews is a 'proper' footy ground'
He actually lives in Coventry too so if anybody's interested,his address is................:ROFLMAO: (oh & no slagging off Brum itself please...I'm a local born & bred - but with my heart firmly with the Sky Blues ;))
That much of a proper footy ground it’s falling to bits

RegTheDonk

What a brilliant reponse to that mid week disaster. Well played City and a big thumbs up to Ian for a cracking strike. Like a few, I've got a fresh pair of sheets on the bed and put some tape over the bubble.

Have to compliment my old fella, (who is usually a lot more positive than me). Phoned me up Friday with the same team line up and said we'd win. After the "I told you so" when the third went in I've got to learn to respect my elders.

skyblu3sk

I know Fadz was in the wrong position but I have watched it a few times and I still don't get how it isn't a foul. He basically pushed fadz until he was off balance with no control over what he was doing. His feet looked on the ground to me too so not like they are tussling while jumping. What am I missing?

wingy

I know Fadz was in the wrong position but I have watched it a few times and I still don't get how it isn't a foul. He basically pushed fadz until he was off balance with no control over what he was doing. His feet looked on the ground to me too so not like they are tussling while jumping. What am I missing?
In all honesty I think it had minimal impact.
It would have been a great header in the opposing box.

skyblu3sk

In all honesty I think it had minimal impact.
It would have been a great header in the opposing box.
I'm not sure if you look Fadz hardly jumps he gets pushed on to one leg. I'm pretty sure if he goes down a foul is given or to be honest anywhere else on the pitch.

Gibbo

There seems to be a difference of opinion on who hit the sumptuous pass to Vik for the 4th goal - most say Sheaf. But others say Godden had a hand in three goals and as he had no role in the third that I can see, it assumes it was him who hit the pass for the 4th. Hard to see on the pc screen. Can someone clarify?

It was a gem, and not dissimilar to Kane's against Posh. Clearly something they have identified that is good for Vik.

With the possible exception of Notts County away, this has to be the best result of the Robins era. A club just down from the Prem, chock full of quality players while we are fresh from a 5-0 hammering and then go a goal down. Even before the Fulham gol it was clear that we were a match for them.

DazzleTommyDazzle

There seems to be a difference of opinion on who hit the sumptuous pass to Vik for the 4th goal - most say Sheaf. But others say Godden had a hand in three goals and as he had no role in the third that I can see, it assumes it was him who hit the pass for the 4th. Hard to see on the pc screen. Can someone clarify?

It was a gem, and not dissimilar to Kane's against Posh. Clearly something they have identified that is good for Vik.

With the possible exception of Notts County away, this has to be the best result of the Robins era. A club just down from the Prem, chock full of quality players while we are fresh from a 5-0 hammering and then go a goal down. Even before the Fulham gol it was clear that we were a match for them.
It was Godden

SeaSeeEffCee

Yeah it was Godden but Sheaf did play an utterly ridiculous pass to Godden at one point but he wasted the cross and it lead to nothing.

EDIT: I could actually be wrong on that and it might have been in the build up to Gyokeres well saved shot, but either way it’s a shame it didn’t end up in a goal.

shmmeee

Yeah it was Godden but Sheaf did play an utterly ridiculous pass to Godden at one point but he wasted the cross and it lead to nothing.

EDIT: I could actually be wrong on that and it might have been in the build up to Gyokeres well saved shot, but either way it’s a shame it didn’t end up in a goal.

Yeah just been watching it, Sheaf hit a beautiful ball on the volley from the edge of our area that set Godden away, Godden cross came to nothing Sheaf was then on the edge of their area to win it back and recycle it which led to Györkeres chance for his hat-trick

Johhny Blue

Jeez, how are people still not understanding this!? 😂

It is not an offence to stand in an offside position. The offence only occurs when he plays the ball/interferes which was in our half so that is where the free-kick is taken.
Correct. But it's a Stupid rule. Every offside player shou;d now chase the ball down and touch it as close to the opposition goal line as he can

Users who are viewing this thread