Match Thread Fulham Match Thread (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Whilst our style of play is consistent, our goal scoring and hence results are not.
Our biggest problem has been converting the chances we have created (hence our expected goals stat).
Today we put our chances away and won well, but that clearly hasn't always been the case this season.
Let's agree to differ on this topic.

I actually think giving away silly goals is our bigger problem. Too often we look like scoring then concede and the opposition can close up which we find hard to break down. I think if games stayed level more the opposition would be more open trying to score and play into our hands.

slowpoke

I actually think giving away silly goals is our bigger problem. Too often we look like scoring then concede and the opposition can close up which we find hard to break down. I think if games stayed level more the opposition would be more open trying to score and play into our hands.
Lack of goals from midfield is our problem puts pressure on the defence, not easy to fix individually Hamer, Allen, Sheaf I rate all three not sure yet what Eccles offers but there’s a serious lack of goals from there and then there’s O’Hare not scoring enough. I would like to see another 15 goals from that area.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For all those moaning about subs.
What do you know 🤣🤣
On Robins we trust.
To be fair there wasn't a clamour for subs today, apart from a bit saying use them to use up injury time.

It's not about using subs for the sake of it, it's about using them when we can see the game is either going away from us or we need to change something to get back into it.

Gibbo

Lack of goals from midfield is our problem puts pressure on the defence, not easy to fix individually Hamer, Allen, Sheaf I rate all three not sure yet what Eccles offers but there’s a serious lack of goals from there and then there’s O’Hare not scoring enough. I would like to see another 15 goals from that area.
Beg to differ. The defence is the problem. Far too many silly goals. Both against Blackburn should have been cut out, particularly Dack's.Hyam is too slow, McFadz is now too old and too slow. Rose is League 1 standard. At this level speed is everything.

If we are spending any money, two good central defenders leaving the left side for Bidwell or another loan. Hyam stays in the squad as back up.

Sbarcher

True, if we took our chances we would have a much better conversion rate, but there are only 5 teams in the Championship whohave scored more than City. I was surprised to see that stat.

Gibbo

Gyokeres improvement over 18 months is astonishing.

He underwhelmed at Swansea in the first part of last season, which in retrospect we can see was probably not his fault.

When he first arrived initially nobody was particularly impressed and he was on the subs bench quite a bit. Then we went on the late run and he began to get some plaudits. I remember Grendel saying something like 'there is something there and he might be worth a punt'.He got a goood goal against Stoke when he bullied their defence.

Now he is a monster and worth shitloads.

Moral of the story: First impressions can be deceptive

Hutch11

He underwhelmed at Swansea in the first part of last season, which in retrospect we can see was probably not his fault.

When he first arrived initially nobody was particularly impressed and he was on the subs bench quite a bit. Then we went on the late run and he began to get some plaudits. I remember Grendel saying something like 'there is something there and he might be worth a punt'.He got a goood goal against Stoke when he bullied their defence.

Never judge a sausage by its skin

procdoc

Grendel was spot on about Vik, a few of us agreed with him at the time. Also a few people said they’d rather we kept Max, baffling really haha

Marty

Having just watched the highlights, Gyokeres was brilliant for the first goal. Stopped what was going to be an easy save for the keeper. strange how they didn't have anyone between him and the keeper to stop him doing exactly what he did though.

Keeper was terrible for the second and really should have stopped it, but we need to do more off that, just shooting and following it up for any spillages from the keeper.

Third was great work from Hamer. Closed down the man, won it and played an inch perfect pass.

Going to be a real shame if we end up losing any of the big 3. We are setting ourselves up for a good play off push next season and a bit of investment in 3 or 4 quality players would take us over the line, We're so close.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Grendel was spot on about Vik, a few of us agreed with him at the time. Also a few people said they’d rather we kept Max, baffling really haha

I said the same at the time myself. When he was playing he seemed to be winning so many individual battles and looked very determined. He had some skill and at the time definitely passed the ball more than now, but his conversion rate on those passes was very high. He also never seemed to lose the ball no matter what tight area of the pitch he had been forced into.

There was another conversation at the start of the season which I think Hill was part of as well, when everyone was discussing who they thought could be the stand out player this season he came up. Now he seems to have the most listings on the player of the season thread, and rightly so.

Offhegoes

Thought Hyam was superb yesterday. Fulham were whipping in some decent crosses in the 2nd half and he was wining all the headers. No he doesn't have pace, but long term, Hyam alongside Clarke-Salter & Rose, or players in that ilk with more pace and he is fine.

Sky Blue Pete

Beg to differ. The defence is the problem. Far too many silly goals. Both against Blackburn should have been cut out, particularly Dack's.Hyam is too slow, McFadz is now too old and too slow. Rose is League 1 standard. At this level speed is everything.

If we are spending any money, two good central defenders leaving the left side for Bidwell or another loan. Hyam stays in the squad as back up.
Dack beat rose to the ball it was literally 0% down to Hyam

PUSB-We_are_going_up

On the Gyokeres topic I cant remember what I thought when we signed him but he has turned out to be quality, this is why we should trust the recruitment in the summer, a signing may seem underwhelming and can go either the way of Hilßner, Jobello and Kasteneer or it can be the opposite like O’hare, Viktor, Hamer, Moore, Dabo, McCallum etc. There are more gems than duds in our case

SkyBlueGuy

I'd love to explore Dominican Republic or Haiti - but not just to travel all that way to treat it like the Costa del Sol. What's the point? Boring waste of time.

Wow. That comes across as a bit judgemental. I love exploring too, but given that I am currently walking with a crutch (you might spot the strap around my ankle) I thought I'd rather still come and relax in the sun, rather than just binning off the only proper holiday I've been on in 4 years. Thanks for your opinion though.

Grendel

Sparks whats so funny, he would have scored 20 goals (21 if you include 1 against southampton) surely worth the fee

you are saying his fee increases by 12 million if he gets 4 more goals

dadgad

Even if he doesn’t score another can see silly bids coming for him this summer.
It’ll be hard to resist.

Colin Steins Smile

will we hold out for that?
If more than one club are interested in him, then simple economics of demand outstripping supply [i.e. 1 Gyo] = inflated price. I'm not sure a fee could reach £10m, but stranger things have happened in football, as most clubs are financial basket cases.

wingy

Dack beat rose to the ball it was literally 0% down to Hyam
Tbf Pete it was the left back position where the goal was conceived,Maatson and Bidwell both had contact on the ball without getting it clear and Callum even ventured in there .
Should have been away really.

Users who are viewing this thread