Game still in doubt according to administrator (1 Viewer)

LarryGrayson

why its not his fault

torchomatic

RoboCCFC90

why its not his fault

Agreed.

Mr Appleton obviously felt that situation was something that needed immediate resolving and a good job too, but this is a non story at the moment it's if the situation get's to tomorrow afternoon and it's still not sorted..

chiefdave

would like to hear what ACL think is more important than making sure the game goes ahead. If it's true that they were asked for a meeting at 9am and turned it down then that isn't good from their side unless they have a very good reason.

torchomatic

I'm sure though with all that's gone on it's more than a case of "see you on Friday at 3 then".

Reason is Haven't ACL already made public they'll allow us to play at Ricoh rest of the season?

Last edited:

torchomatic

Having their hair done?

would like to hear what ACL think is more important than making sure the game goes ahead. If it's true that they were asked for a meeting at 9am and turned it down then that isn't good from their side unless they have a very good reason.

ajsccfc

Blaming the administrator guy for a meeting not being able to schedule until now seems a little harsh. ACL may have had a bit of a full calendar this week.

CCFCDan87

Taken Friday - http://www.football365.com/news/8652/8585476/-Business-as-usual-for-Coventry

Quote from Mr Appleton "It means that Paul Appleton, managing partner of David Rubin & Partners LLP, has been able to offer Pressley assurances about his squad, including confirmation they will continue to be paid as normal.
"I was pleased to meet with Steven and give him reassurances that, as far as what happens on the pitch and in the general running of the Club, it is absolutely business as usual with the operating company executives very much in charge," said Appleton.
"Steven, the players and all the staff at the football club will continue to be paid as normal by the operating company which is not in administration - that is an important message I was keen to put across."

So business as usual except for not having a clue where the next home will be played. This was taken 5 days ago!!!!!

Walking Bird

Quote "A spokesman for the administrator said time was running out for a deal before Friday".

I wonder who this Spokesman was?
Perhaps it was a Chubby bloke with the initials T.F :whistle:

SkyBlueScottie

I appreciate the need for urgency, but I think a spokesman for the company which is in administration, whichhave had certain facts divulged about it, and is generally not popular with anybody at the minute is not in any position to start reminding people of how serious the situation is....

J

Jack Griffin

The crux of the matter (or should I say horcrux :p) regarding the negotiations for the next 3 games is which company any short term deal is agreed with.

If ACL agree to let CCFC(holdings) Ltd play then they shoot themselves and any prospective new owners in the foot.

They have to conclude a deal with CCFC Ltd only and CCFC(holdings) Ltd can fund it and charge CCFC Ltd, but that will be an internal matter for them & nothing to do with ACL. Any other course might invalidate their rental lease in some way.

For the next 3 matches I expect the terms to be offered will be cost only, ACL to make no profit, they just make sure the club completes the season so no blame for failing to do that attaches to them.

Desperados

Is ACL saying they can't attend a meeting they didn't organise really news? They've said they can discuss this afternoon so what is the issue?

davebart

It is all very well saying the team can carry on as before but it is up to CCFC Ltd to provide them with somewhere to play. It is still an active entity with an active rental agrement with ACL. Presumably the rent arrears will just build up and ACL will take a hit in terms of the final p in £ offer from the administrator.

Desperados

We're 2 days away from a game......we haven't been told where the game is being played and whether season tickets are valild. Ridiculous!

Shame on CCFC/SISU/ACL/Council/any other prick involved

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The responsibility for fulfilling the fixture is CCFC's not ACL or the administrator

ACL havent said wont meet, only that 9am was not convenient, - the directors will have other meetings to attend to relating to other companies/bodies etc and some live some distance away. Not unreasonable on ACL's part at all. The Club were told last Friday the ground was available. The club also said they were making arrangements to play elsewhere, so you have to ask who left it to the last minute :thinking about:

As for the CT saying the administrator was critical of ACL ......... well in the real world not everyone jumps when someone clicks there fingers...... It wasnt ACL that walked out of the ground or repeatedly threatened to.

I suggest we accept that talks are going to happen today...... thats the important thing isnt it?

I hope for your sakes (CCFC fans) that the game goes ahead at the Ricoh and that your future is resolved soon.

From an outsider's view, this is a complete farce, but it is you the fans who suffer most. I worry that the "club" will face a punishment from the FA/FL not only for administration but for swapping between CCFC and Holdings. I'm careful what I say as I don't know all the facts, but I expect you'll get the -10 points for admin at least.

I hope this gets sorted asap - CCFC and DRFC are not rivals apart from 90 mins on Friday and we have had our own share of dodgy owners 15 years ago. For us a rearranged venue for Friday or even a full cancellation would be a minor irritant, but I can see the nightmare for you guys.

theferret

The crux of the matter (or should I say horcrux :p) regarding the negotiations for the next 3 games is which company any short term deal is agreed with.

If ACL agree to let CCFC(holdings) Ltd play then they shoot themselves and any prospective new owners in the foot.

They have to conclude a deal with CCFC Ltd only and CCFC(holdings) Ltd can fund it and charge CCFC Ltd, but that will be an internal matter for them & nothing to do with ACL. Any other course might invalidate their rental lease in some way.

For the next 3 matches I expect the terms to be offered will be cost only, ACL to make no profit, they just make sure the club completes the season so no blame for failing to do that attaches to them.

The fact that ACL have requested that Appleton mediate in talks between them and CCFC Holdings on the issue of a temporary agreement suggests to me that the arrangement will not work in that way. CCFC Ltd has no money and no income streams, so like you say an internal agreement between CCFC Holdings and CCFC Ltd, who then negotiate with ACL might be the way forward but it doesn't seem to be panning out like that. Then there is the issue of player registrations which further complicates matters.

ACL have been a bit slow off the mark here if you ask me. It's all very well saying the club are welcome to play at the Ricoh, but that doesn't men it just happens. Who will pay the costs? The administrator through CCFC Ltd can't because they have no money, not only that they have no access to ticket revenues or any other revenue for that matter. All along a deal was required between SISU and ACL, so the fact it has been left to Wednesday afternoon (knowing the history between the two parties) is a bit surprising. Hopefully common sense will prevail and an agreement can be cobbled together this afternoon.

italiahorse

The responsibility for fulfilling the fixture is CCFC's not ACL or the administrator

ACL havent said wont meet, only that 9am was not convenient, - the directors will have other meetings to attend to relating to other companies/bodies etc and some live some distance away. Not unreasonable on ACL's part at all. The Club were told last Friday the ground was available. The club also said they were making arrangements to play elsewhere, so you have to ask who left it to the last minute :thinking about:

As for the CT saying the administrator was critical of ACL ......... well in the real world not everyone jumps when someone clicks there fingers...... It wasnt ACL that walked out of the ground or repeatedly threatened to.

I suggest we accept that talks are going to happen today...... thats the important thing isnt it?

I would have thought ACL would get there arse out there hands and put this top of their list.
They need to know themselves even more as they have all the work to do in respect of catering, turnstiles, entertainment, ground preparation etc etc etc etc etc
CCFC just turn up on the coach.

Meanwhile us fans just keep trying to find out.

Rest assured it will be at the Ricoh or the club will have folded.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

ACL have been a bit slow off the mark here if you ask me. It's all very well saying the club are welcome to play at the Ricoh, but that doesn't men it just happens. Who will pay the costs? The administrator through CCFC Ltd can't because they have no money, not only that they have no access to ticket revenues or any other revenue for that matter. All along a deal was required between SISU and ACL, so the fact it has been left to Wednesday afternoon (knowing the history between the two parties) is a bit surprising. Hopefully common sense will prevail and an agreement can be cobbled together this afternoon.

I agree with you on the latter point to an extent with regards logistics. That stated, it's okay people getting vexed on other threads with regards ACL not being able to meet with the administrator until this afternoon, as opposed to the requested 9am; but they are acting in the slipstream of very current and extreme events, and will be seeking advice so as not to prejudice their position ahead of offering a temporary home to the club for the balance of the season

CCFC PimpRail

When the SBT were commenting on the change of day to friday and it was unfair to anyone with prior arrangements for travel or lodgings, was anyone else thinking "This is Cov, there's always a bigger fish...."

davebart

ACL didn't know until Friday that the people they had the contract with were going into administration.

It is up to the club to arrange for somewhere to play it isn't up to ACL to provide it. SISU have done their best to avoid playing at the Ricoh by moving out. When they were sitting tenants it was difficult to change the locks.

RPHunt

I find it amazing that some people are trying to blame ACL for any part of this situation.

I cannot see any criticism of ACL, as alleged by the CET, in the statement by Paul Appleton. He is putting it on record that he was available at 9.00 this morning, but ACL weren't available until this afternoon. I know that David Rubin & Partners are concerned about how this all will look in the press, so how about a statement on who advised the company to do the runner last Friday.

italiahorse

I agree with you on the latter point to an extent with regards logistics. That stated, it's okay people getting vexed on other threads with regards ACL not being able to meet with the administrator until this afternoon, as opposed to the requested 9am; but they are acting in the slipstream of very current and extreme events, and will be seeking advice so as not to prejudice their position ahead of offering a temporary home to the club for the balance of the season

Just say we can play at the Ricoh. They will cover there costs on bar takings, food and car parking.
It's not rocket science.

Users who are viewing this thread