Game still in doubt according to administrator (1 Viewer)

theferret

ACL didn't know until Friday that the people they had the contract with were going into administration.

It is up to the club to arrange for somewhere to play it isn't up to ACL to provide it. SISU have done their best to avoid playing at the Ricoh by moving out. When they were sitting tenants it was difficult to change the locks.

I'm not sure I agree with that. ACL have maintained their actions are in the best interests of the club and that they started the whole process in order to avoid the club being liquidated. Failing to fulfill your fixtures would result in the club being expelled from the football league, which would be liquidation in all but name, so all sides would want to avoid that.

You would have thought therefore that they would have been a bit more eager to have this issue resolved, but I appreciate it is very complex and the situation is changing all the time. Anyway, I strongly suspect it will be sorted today so perhaps we are worrying unnecessarily.

Last edited:

theferret

I find it amazing that some people are trying to blame ACL for any part of this situation.

I cannot see any criticism of ACL, as alleged by the CET, in the statement by Paul Appleton. He is putting it on record that he was available at 9.00 this morning, but ACL weren't available until this afternoon. I know that David Rubin & Partners are concerned about how this all will look in the press, so how about a statement on who advised the company to do the runner last Friday.

Who is blaming ACL? Nobody that I can see. Why are people so hyper-sensitive as far as they are concerned?

Personally I worry it is all being left dangerously close to the point where it doesn't become feasible. Doncaster are getting more angry and their fans are calling for us to forfeit the game. It isn't about blame on this issue, just an eagerness to get it sorted.

LarryGrayson

Anyway, I strongly suspect it will be sorted today so perhaps we are worrying unnecessarily.

yea all the blokes said is his sorting it if he said nowt fansd be up in arms

RPHunt

Who is blaming ACL? Nobody that I can see. Why are people so hyper-sensitive as far as they are concerned?

Personally I worry it is all being left dangerously close to the point where it doesn't become feasible. Doncaster are getting more angry and their fans are calling for us to forfeit the game. It isn't about blame on this issue, just an eagerness to get it sorted.

When you said "ACL have been a bit slow off the mark here if you ask me" a few posts ago you didn't mean this as blame then?

And yes this does need sorting out quickly but I keep thing of the phrase "lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine".

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Just say we can play at the Ricoh. They will cover there costs on bar takings, food and car parking.
It's not rocket science.

Well in effect they have. But who do they allow to play there? CCFC in administration but with the Golden Share - but without, according to Fisher, any assets to cover any costs: or CCFCH who hold the player registrations but have no right to host a league football game?

And you expect ACL to make this call without prejudicing their current or future stance, and therefore not to take a morning's advice?!?

'kinnell....

Last edited:

theferret

When you said "ACL have been a bit slow off the mark here if you ask me" a few posts ago you didn't mean this as blame then?

No, I'm not blaming them for the situation, just concerned at their (apparent) lack of urgency to resolve the Friday fixture issue. I say apparent, because I don't know what is currently going on behind the scenes. I hope (and expect) they are busting a gut to sort it out. I am sure they are now.

italiahorse

Well in effect they have. But who do they allow to play there? CCFC in administration but with the Golden Share - but without, according to Fisher, any assets to cover any costs: or CCFCH who hold the player registrations but have no right to host a league football game?

And you expect ACL to make this call without prejudicing their current or future stance, and therefore not to take a morning's advice?!?

'kinnell....

Two football teams will turn up on Friday. They will go on the pitch and play a game of football.
Let them play free of charge.
People will come through the turnstiles and pay money into a pot that can be counted and distributed later.
Substantial profits will be made on Car Parking, food and drink

FCUK the golden share. If I find it I will personally shove it up the arse of the person holding it.

Life's so easy

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Two football teams will turn up on Friday. They will go on the pitch and play a game of football.
Let them play free of charge.
People will come through the turnstiles and pay money into a pot that can be counted and distributed later.
Substantial profits will be made on Car Parking, food and drink

FCUK the golden share. If I find it I will personally shove it up the arse of the person holding it.

Life's so easy

You are so far wrong as not to warrant a response

Baginton

Will the club be getting part of the match day revenue, if the newly formed 'temporary' rent agreement is paid?

sky blue john

If you were Acl and tenents had just shafted you for 1.3million.

a) would you let such tenents rock up and play for free ?

b) would you allow them to play for a fee and demand payment upfront ?

c) go with (a) to appease fans but make tenents sweat a bit ?

torchomatic

torchomatic

d) go with c) and make SISU and the fans sweat a bit

italiahorse

D) Play for free and make a fortune on Food, Drink and Car Parking which are already in place.

Baginton

I didnt realise the club sold the food sales to ACL, muppets.:facepalm:

what is the new arrangement reagarding playing? anyone know.

grego_gee

No, I'm not blaming them for the situation, just concerned at their (apparent) lack of urgency to resolve the Friday fixture issue. I say apparent, because I don't know what is currently going on behind the scenes. I hope (and expect) they are busting a gut to sort it out. I am sure they are now.

It is now 16:45 on Wednesday, and no word of an agreement!
If they are bursting a gut right now, they perhaps now realize why the administrator was surprised when they could not make themselves available for 9:00!

I am not surprised that SISU had difficulty with them!

:pimp:

Last edited:

WestEndAgro

Just left the Ricoh about 1/2 hour ago, announcement tomorrow about venue for Fridays game, nobody seems to know anything, Staff are completely in the dark, on a side note the Davies Cup Tennis arena " Jag Halls"l looks fantastic

Wm65

Just left the Ricoh about 1/2 hour ago, announcement tomorrow about venue for Fridays game, nobody seems to know anything, Staff are completely in the dark, on a side note the Davies Cup Tennis arena " Jag Halls"l looks fantastic

Wouldnt be surprised if the game is called off to allow the club more time to sort things out - very poor show.

Stafford_SkBlue

Had s look at CT a whilst ago and people comments lay into Appleton about 9:00 meetin saying ACL cant drop everything.
You know what is more important 48 before a home game.

Users who are viewing this thread