Gary Madine (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Another forward who can score for fun at this level, now only a cm to get and the title is ours.

torchomatic

I agree with you there, if they have done their time, etc etc.

Two exceptions I can think of though are Hughes and McCormick.

I was just making an observation from what people have said on this site.
I personally don't care if someone has done his time and changed their ways then fine.
If they continue their wrong doing that is a different matter.

After all most have us have done things we are not proud of.:(
I know I have but hey was a long time ago.

stupot07

Yeh its good to have a back up target man now. Or maybe even play them together sometimes.

I am glad that the manager has realised what a difference ohysical presence makes. Could be a very good signing.

We just need one tough tackling centre mid now and we have no excuses. I just hope that's the plan for waggot and co

I'd play them both, and bring Jackson on off the bench as an impact player against tiring legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

KersleyDigs

Madine and Nouble upfront. POWER!

New GK next and a tackling central midfield bully AND stick to 442, we may start to be competitive in this league!!!

gouldberg

Nonsense signing in my opinion. Unless we plan to play 3 up top one of Jackson or Nouble will miss out, and neither should.

As for Madine himself...bad attitude, one season wonder, appears to be more prolific with his fist than his foot. Really don't see how he benefits us, especially since the loan spell is only just long enough for him to unpack a bag before he'll be packing it again.

Our main issue is that we've conceded more goals than every single side outside the bottom 3. But yes, that can be solved with another striker can't it?

kg82

Nonsense signing in my opinion. Unless we plan to play 3 up top one of Jackson or Nouble will miss out, and neither should.

As for Madine himself...bad attitude, one season wonder, appears to be more prolific with his fist than his foot. Really don't see how he benefits us, especially since the loan spell is only just long enough for him to unpack a bag before he'll be packing it again.

Our main issue is that we've conceded more goals than every single side outside the bottom 3. But yes, that can be solved with another striker can't it?

Inclined to agree. But I'll give Madine his chance to see if a) he can do a job and b) his attitude is right. Also, I'd suggest Pressley has at least 1 more signing up his sleeve, so I'll see who that/they might be.

ccfc_Tom

It does say an initial 1 month loan so option to extend must be there. We are desperate for a different goalie on loan though

Woodster

Whilst I'm not generally a fan of seeing us go down the loan route, at least in Martin and Madine we've got players who aren't entirely foreign to the club.

In isolation I think Madine is a good signing, whilst Nouble is a good physical player with the ball to feet we need someone big and nasty who can get on the end of crosses and help defend set pieces. Okay the lad might be a bit of a piece of work but Tudgay and McQuoid haven't done enough and don't offer us anything different.

Astute

Madine and Reda will have defences worried at set pieces.

gouldberg

How can goals not be a priority?

How? Well, considering we've scored more than 9 of our rival teams, and conceded less than only 3 (the bottom 3 sides too might I add) maybe that's how?

SkyBlue_Bear83

None of our strikers are hardly prolific though, are they?

Between the 5 they have 12 goals between them I think in all competitions, which collectively as a strike force isn't terrible but not great either.

Collectively I'd mark our strikers as average but the goalkeeping position is terrible, maybe Pressley has a keeper lined up in which case my comments don't really matter but if there isn't one lined up or actively looking then I think it's poor decision making.

stupot07

Between the 5 they have 12 goals between them I think in all competitions, which collectively as a strike force isn't terrible but not great either.

Collectively I'd mark our strikers as average but the goalkeeping position is terrible, maybe Pressley has a keeper lined up in which case my comments don't really matter but if there isn't one lined up or actively looking then I think it's poor decision making.

Nouble 3 in 5
Miller 2 in 12
Jackson 2 in 13
Tudguy 0 in 9
Mcqoid 5 in 15

Actually looking at that mcqoid gets a bit of undue stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

kg82

Nouble 3 in 5
Miller 2 in 12
Jackson 2 in 13
Tudguy 0 in 9
Mcqoid 5 in 15

Actually looking at that mcqoid gets a bit of undue stick.

And to be fair to Jackson, about 5 of those are prob sub appearances and trying to get back up to speed.

LJC_CCFC

New GK

Phillips
Martin
Reda
Haynes

O'Brien
Barton (Or new cm)
Fleck
Coulibaly

Nouble
Jackson

Bench:

Burge
Willis
Webster
Thomas
McQuoid
Madine
Miller

Play-offs here we come

stupot07

New GK

Phillips
Martin
Reda
Haynes

O'Brien
Barton (Or new cm)
Fleck
Coulibaly

Nouble
Jackson

Bench:

Burge
Willis
Webster
Thomas
McQuoid
Madine
Miller

Play-offs here we come

LMFAO. :)

I seem to remember Madine having an excellent season during Wednesday's promotion season from League One.
Let's hope that he can rediscover that form with us.
I joint strike force of Nouble and Madine could strike fear and bully a lot of teams in this division, something sadly lacking at the moment.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Madine said: "I've always had a love for Coventry from when I was here before. I really enjoyed it and I was a little bit heart-broken when I didn't get to sign here permanently.

"The gaffer here has always shown an interest and that's really important. Any player just wants to be loved wherever you play and I want to score some goals.

"I was only young at the time when I was last here but you could tell how big the club is and it is a real shame to see the club in League One.

"I'm a fully-grown man now and I'm a lot stronger than what Coventry fans will remember be from my other loan spell. You can only get better when you get more experience."

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...esday-301014-2051447.aspx#pw5Yozw568D1vpJT.99

Users who are viewing this thread