George Thomas (1 Viewer)

Edgey95

Did we get the 500k? realistically does anyone think we will sign anyone with that cash? Personally id go for a proven play maker with goals or another CB as Turnbull has gone and Willis could potentially go

Captain Dart

Hmm, that's phrased in a way that suggests the £500k is if all the add-ons come to fruition.
CT reckons £450K plus potential add ons, also no indication of % of any sell on fee. To me it sounds like the deal has been structured to maximise money paid now rather than taking a risk and hoping for a bigger windfall a few years down the line.
The package is understood to be £450,000 plus add-ons subject to how successful the 20-year-old is during his time with the Foxes.

Captain Dart

I doubt he will be on more than £150k a year. Still a good salary and more than we will pay but not mega bucks until he makes the first team squad and he is miles away from that.
Still probably 3 times the offer made here.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Sad to see George leave- that said- cant really blame him- as much as I love CCFC his horizons will be broadened (in the short term) !!
George gave me the opportunity to share a fantastic Wembley moment and memory with my son.. like I had with my dad in '87- for that alone- thank you George- Best of luck. :)
PUSBs

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Another young head that's been turned by agents!

Last pre season he was little known, so 'reports' he was on youth wages were probably accurate.

Less than Half a decent season, and lets face it took him a while to get to that point, and suddenly he's good enough for a premiership reserve team?

i just hope he takes another leaf out of Sambou's books and too posts regular updates on his insta about how much he's enjoying reserve football!!

Football is a short career and I think this move will likely make his even shorter, none more so because he's missed a pre season and has joined a team where he's unlikely to make the first team!

Hope he proves me wrong (but there's more chance of me liking Doyle by the end of the season than that happening I suspect :))

NortonSkyBlue

Another young head that's been turned by agents!

Last pre season he was little known, so 'reports' he was on youth wages were probably accurate.

Less than Half a decent season, and lets face it took him a while to get to that point, and suddenly he's good enough for a premiership reserve team?

i just hope he takes another leaf out of Sambou's books and too posts regular updates on his insta about how much he's enjoying reserve football!!

Football is a short career and I think this move will likely make his even shorter, none more so because he's missed a pre season and has joined a team where he's unlikely to make the first team!

Hope he proves me wrong (but there's more chance of me liking Doyle by the end of the season than that happening I suspect :))
Why do say his head has been turned by agents?
Is he not capable of summising that his prospects are better at LCFC than with us.
Frankly only an absolute fool would turn down the opportunity and set himself up for life or a good part of it, even if he fails.
He is infinitely better off learning at Leicester no matter what you experts think.

Nick

Administrator
If you were on £50k a year and someone offered you £300k a year but you wouldn't learn anything new, would you do it?
Would it be a mistake?

People on social media starting with abuse and calling him and Maddison snakes.

There's things like Maddison diving all the time and Thomas' deal being dragged out but jesus, who wouldn't turn that down? It's not really a point you can call them out on.

Add into the fact it's his hometown as well. It's like one of us getting offered £300k to move to Cov.

Liquid Gold

There's things like Maddison diving all the time and Thomas' deal being dragged out but jesus, who wouldn't turn that down? It's not really a point you can call them out on.

Add into the fact it's his hometown as well. It's like one of us getting offered £300k to move to Cov.
No thanks

Chipfat

The players are advised, but this deal would of been the easiest to sell with regards to the player, i'm sure all was sorted a while back with him and LCFC. The time and hold up was the fee that we wanted for him, we have helped him in his career and given him an opportunity to show on a big stage what he can do. I say fair play to the club for getting close to the money they wanted and wish him well in his career. He will always be grateful to those at the club that helped him from an early age to progress, but he should be proud of his efforts that have gave him the chance to secure his future at a very young age.

What should be an overall message to this is, we produce and have for a very long time a lot of footballers and have given many the chance to earn a very good living out the game. That should be looked at by all and shouted from the roof tops about how well we do as a club and bringing them through, some by design and some through necessity. Either way its a very positive aspect and probably the only one stable thing we know about the club. We have a very good bunch of kids coming through again so the conveyor belt of talent and development is there, we just need backing from within to allow it to carry on.

vow

I'd do it tomorrow for £35k and be the biggest cliche footballer ever. The one who's shit but people like because he puts a tackle in, kisses the badge and gets the crowd going.
We can't have 2 Doyle's ;)

wingy

There should be some of it available but not that much.
Was it zack who'd heard we were trying to mortgage the TV revenues as a lump sum?

oscillatewildly

All the best to him, I don't particularly think this move was the best for his career but time shall tell.
I think it was a perfect time to move. He's 20 yrs old remember, not 17 - Short career and all that - earning potential. Wasted at this level and I'm sure he'll be loaned out to a C'ship club at some point this season.
Yet another we've successfully brought on into the game, I wish him well.

mark82

I think it was a perfect time to move. He's 20 yrs old remember, not 17 - Short career and all that - earning potential. Wasted at this level and I'm sure he'll be loaned out to a C'ship club at some point this season.

If a handful of these players had stayed we'd be heading up the leagues, not down.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Why do say his head has been turned by agents?
Is he not capable of summising that his prospects are better at LCFC than with us.
Frankly only an absolute fool would turn down the opportunity and set himself up for life or a good part of it, even if he fails.
He is infinitely better off learning at Leicester no matter what you experts think.

So which player are you sent to? ;)

Agents always have involvement and I doubt there will ever be a positive story involving one.

I'm all for stepping up, but when you're ready. Too many young players move on too quickly.

Time will tell of this is a good move or not.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I think Maddison is a snakey little tosser, he was a total prick after he was sold to Norwich and was sent back to us. His body language and application was appalling, he didn't give a fuck about us as soon as he got his pay day. Even if we were no longer paying his wages, he could of shown us some respect.

Maddison also makes a big deal of praising anyone that leaves us with a shovel, when Fleck joined Sheff Utd he was dumping it on.

All the best to George Thomas, will always remember him for that goal.

'Snakes don't hiss, they wear Alice bands and dive'.

Brighton Sky Blue

Scores a handful of goals in a God awful division and is deemed good enough for bench warming Leicester U23's. I don't blame him, but I do blame the system we have which sees any youngster with remote signs of talent being hoovered up by a top flight club on the off chance he turns good.

Adge

I think Maddison is a snakey little tosser, he was a total prick after he was sold to Norwich and was sent back to us. His body language and application was appalling, he didn't give a fuck about us as soon as he got his pay day. Even if we were no longer paying his wages, he could of shown us some respect.

Maddison also makes a big deal of praising anyone that leaves us with a shovel, when Fleck joined Sheff Utd he was dumping it on.

All the best to George Thomas, will always remember him for that goal.

'Snakes don't hiss, they wear Alice bands and dive'.
Lions and sheep..........

Joy Division

Oh I definitely think it was the right time for him to move on, I just think perhaps the choice of club could have been better. I just can't see him ever being in contention for the Leicester first team even after being sent somewhere on loan, he's about the 8th choice striker. Perhaps if he moved to a championship club who would really want him and gave him the opportunity to make his mark then he could find a better route to progress. As a loan striker if he doesn't start scoring soon then he can easily get binned off.

Skyblueweeman

Speaking about Maddison, my Norwich supporting colleague said he scored one and set up the other two in their win over Swindon last night.

Also started on Saturday in the league against Fulham. Seems to be in their new managers plans. Good on him.

Mucca Mad Boys

If you were on £50k a year and someone offered you £300k a year but you wouldn't learn anything new, would you do it?
Would it be a mistake?

Football is a very different career path. Whilst I don't begrudge him leaving for more money and to a better team. I do, however, think this could prove to be a shortsighted decision from him and his agent and I felt like he could've increased his stock more by staying the season and getting 15-20 goals. Good luck to him, only time will tell.

Captain Dart

Oh I definitely think it was the right time for him to move on, I just think perhaps the choice of club could have been better. I just can't see him ever being in contention for the Leicester first team even after being sent somewhere on loan, he's about the 8th choice striker. Perhaps if he moved to a championship club who would really want him and gave him the opportunity to make his mark then he could find a better route to progress. As a loan striker if he doesn't start scoring soon then he can easily get binned off.

He will be loaned out somewhere soon enough, league one, championship or Scottish premier.
Maybe not till Jan though to allow him time to embed at Leicester. Anyway good luck.

stevefloyd

Thomas looked way out of his depth in pre season, he started the season in the first team and was quite rightly dropped for poor showings in a very poor team, at this point he could have sulked but he didn't he knuckled down and came back a different player, in other words he worked his butt off and fair play to him, he had a bit of form towards the end of the season, which up until the wembley goal he hadn't really set the place on fire, ended up playing for Wales in that tournament and has quite rightly earned himself a career move, whats the difference, apart from us not owning him anymore, between going out on loan to better himself or getting a move? Its another step in his career and I wish him well and fair play to anyone in this world who wants to better themselves, the lad has done nothing wrong except for dragging it out this long but we are not privvy to the real reason it wasn't sorted earlier !!

hill83

I don't get where the idea has come from that he dragged it out. He didn't sign a contract with us, that's it. I doubt he was advising Leicester to piss about delaying making an offer we'd accept.

Good luck to him. Nothing more to say.

Users who are viewing this thread