George Thomas (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
Over the last few years, we sold anyone that someone flashed a smile at for little return. We turned down offfers aparantly in January and held out for what we wanted with GT. do we think since we are making no massive loss and sisu do not put anything in anymore this is why?

shmmeee

Over the last few years, we sold anyone that someone flashed a smile at for little return. We turned down offfers aparantly in January and held out for what we wanted with GT. do we think since we are making no massive loss and sisu do not put anything in anymore this is why?

Depending on the quality of the rumours we did the same or similar with Willis, Stevenson, Haynes as well.

I reckon Joy couldn’t give a flying fuck what we do as long as it doesn’t cost her money.

As always, worried that the shitty accountants we seem to get will fuck up the numbers again and have us selling everyone for peanuts in Jan. But as long as we meet their pre-season expectations we should be golden.

Adge

Depending on the quality of the rumours we did the same or similar with Willis, Stevenson, Haynes as well.

I reckon Joy couldn’t give a flying fuck what we do as long as it doesn’t cost her money.

As always, worried that the shitty accountants we seem to get will fuck up the numbers again and have us selling everyone for peanuts in Jan. But as long as we meet their pre-season expectations we should be golden.
Still don't believe that there was interest in Haynes in January or he would have been gone. Reason why he signed a new deal in the summer because no other clubs came in.

hill83

he didn't even make it onto the bench team at the Carabao Cup for Leicester
waste of career
giphy.webp

Sky Blue Harry H

Why do say his head has been turned by agents?
Is he not capable of summising that his prospects are better at LCFC than with us.
Frankly only an absolute fool would turn down the opportunity and set himself up for life or a good part of it, even if he fails.
He is infinitely better off learning at Leicester no matter what you experts think.

I take it you are not an expert either. He is financially better off now, undoubtedly. With regards to his football development, then people (experts or not) have a right to question whether he is better off or not. Is a season of L2 with possible promotion and regular game time better than being potentially 'hidden' for a season? He may develop more in the U23s at Leicester - who knows (neither you, nor I)

fatso

I hope his career dosnt go the way of Connor Thomas's who's now signed for the Indian super league!
One minute he looks like he's on his way to Liverpool, and the next he can't get into swindons squad and he's off to India. Things may have been so different for Connor if he'd have been patient and learnt his trade here instead of moving prematurely.

Nick

Administrator
I hope his career dosnt go the way of Connor Thomas's who's now signed for the Indian super league!
One minute he looks like he's on his way to Liverpool, and the next he can't get into swindons squad and he's off to India. Things may have been so different for Connor if he'd have been patient and learnt his trade here instead of moving prematurely.
He got released from us I think?

NorthernWisdom

Eh? He went on loan to Liverpool, they didn't fancy him, he came back. He then had a cracking season at Sixfields under Pressley... but no bugger was about to see it.

He's actually evidence as to why George should have moved when he got the chance. If he's hung about like Stevenson...

NortonSkyBlue

I take it you are not an expert either. He is financially better off now, undoubtedly. With regards to his football development, then people (experts or not) have a right to question whether he is better off or not. Is a season of L2 with possible promotion and regular game time better than being potentially 'hidden' for a season? He may develop more in the U23s at Leicester - who knows (neither you, nor I)
I am not an expert in anything,
I know that the 25,000 pounds a year or 500,000 a year for three years makes it a very easy question to answer. Actually it doesn't take an expert to figure that one out.

Skybluefaz

He stayed with us for long enough to prove he wasn't very good. Then we let him go for not being very good.

shmmeee

Yeah what a nob, earns loads and gets to play for the club he supports (well be a member of the squad).

Like anyone here would turn it down.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah what a nob, earns loads and gets to play for the club he supports (well be a member of the squad).

Like anyone here would turn it down.

No one can begrudge him, but I do think it'll be a bad career move for him. Personally, I wish him all the best and prove me wrong.

It's a move that sums up football atm: he was unsure what to do, Leicester unsure if he's worth 450k - peanuts for them - but the agent was sure what was best...

Sky Blue Harry H

I am not an expert in anything,
I know that the 25,000 pounds a year or 500,000 a year for three years makes it a very easy question to answer. Actually it doesn't take an expert to figure that one out.

Fair enough re: ££££s in the short/medium term - it was more the infinitely better off in terms of his football development I was querying (and I may well be wrong!)

Sky Blue Harry H

Please show workings..........

Careful - that poster (Essexyellows or whatever his name is) with a thing about counting dots will be after you, Not noticed him before, but was on a thread earlier today? (but yes, he won't be on 20k a week. I agree)

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

Fair enough re: ££££s in the short/medium term - it was more the infinitely better off in terms of his football development I was querying (and I may well be wrong!)
Learning in the heat of battle is better than the behind closed doors feel of under 23 football to battle harden and hone the competitiveness but learning with premier league footballers rather than journeymen has got to be better for his skill set.
George Thomas already has the workrate and now maybe he will pick up the mentality of a champion rather than the serial losers he was with last season.
There is no downside, if he is loaned out it will be to a better team than ours and will either sink or swim or he will be transferred to a higher league than ours if he doesn't make the cut at Leicester.

Users who are viewing this thread