Give TM a chance (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Which is exactly why I followed it up with

ad Reda not got injured I have a feeling we'd still be in the play offs, can't really use that as an excuse though as well all knew he would get injured at some point.

So in fact you agree with all?
Apologies misread it, so yes I agree with it all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

I agree with a lot this but the "if reda hadn't got injured line..." He was always going to get injured, great player when fit but hasn't managed to play half a season for the last 6-7 years so was always going to get inured at some point , TM knew this when he re-signed him in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The injury he got was not the same as in the previous season. It is an injury which would have put any player out for a long time. Previously strains and such like keeping him out. Noticeable that from when he first got into the team underTM last season until the serious injury against Blackpool he had not missed a game. It did seem that TM was managing him well and making sure he remained fit. I think he has been a big loss and has contributed to the way we have fallen away. Our record when he has played must be top 3 or 4 form I would think.

Grendel

The injury he got was not the same as in the previous season. It is an injury which would have put any player out for a long time. Previously strains and such like keeping him out. Noticeable that from when he first got into the team underTM last season until the serious injury against Blackpool he had not missed a game. It did seem that TM was managing him well and making sure he remained fit. I think he has been a big loss and has contributed to the way we have fallen away. Our record when he has played must be top 3 or 4 form I would think.

We went on a 10 game unbeaten league run after his injury.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Yep, exactly.

Impossible to do so. They were all saveable. The keeper is getting plaudits more on the fact of the quantity of saves he made rather than the quality.

Very good saves, but saves any keeper would be expected to make.

So they were very good saves but anybody could have made them? No wonder people on here argue because people can't make their minds up.

Otis

They were saves any keeper would be expected to make.

A keeper should never be beaten at his near post. Golden rule. The keeper was therefore expected to save the near post shots of Murphy and Fortune.

He dealt with them well though. Could have parried them back into play, but put them out for corners.

Not a case of not making anyone's mind up. The Cole shot that he tipped over the bar he dealt with well, but had that gone in, he would have been at fault for it.

A goal keeper can come out for a cross can't he and it be said that he dealt with it well, catching it cleanly. He would be praised for that. If he dropped the ball he would be criticised.

Don't see what the problem was. He dealt with everything we threw at him well, but had he not, it would be his fault.

Watch the game and you will see he made no blinding saves.

Irish Sky Blue

Name one save you wouldn't have expected him to make.

for or me the saves weren't the issue. It was the quality of our play that was so impressive. We cut them open time and again with fast, attacking football. We were far the better team. Maybe this was more apparent being there than watching on TV. No doubt the "Posh were rubbish brigade" will roll out the argument about how poor they were without giving our team any credit at all. I think they were poor because we made them poor. We had nearly 30 attempts on goal with something like 13 on target. Wesley on local radio on the way home was saying how gutted we must have been going in 1 down. Our finishing wasn't good enough, our defending wasn't good enough. However there were a lot of positives from that performance which shouldn't be forgotten. I don't think it would take much to turn performances like that into wins. Some posters point out how poor Bury were, but then also point out how many chances they made in the 6-0 drubbing. We beat them fair and square and very easily. It is the same Bury team that have won 3 and drawn 3 of their last 8 games since we played them. We can't do right for wrong at the moment as if we play well it is due to the other teams failings.

Otis

for or me the saves weren't the issue. It was the quality of our play that was so impressive. We cut them open time and again with fast, attacking football. We were far the better team. Maybe this was more apparent being there than watching on TV. No doubt the "Posh were rubbish brigade" will roll out the argument about how poor they were without giving our team any credit at all. I think they were poor because we made them poor. We had nearly 30 attempts on goal with something like 13 on target. Wesley on local radio on the way home was saying how gutted we must have been going in 1 down. Our finishing wasn't good enough, our defending wasn't good enough. However there were a lot of positives from that performance which shouldn't be forgotten. I don't think it would take much to turn performances like that into wins. Some posters point out how poor Bury were, but then also point out how many chances they made in the 6-0 drubbing. We beat them fair and square and very easily. It is the same Bury team that have won 3 and drawn 3 of their last 8 games since we played them. We can't do right for wrong at the moment as if we play well it is due to the other teams failings.
To my mind we did cut them apart because they were so poor.

Worst team I have seen this season.

Remember after the Bury game when a number of City fans questioned how good we were and how bad Bury had been?

I was one of those at first, though did think City player really well too. Our record after that and inability to score since I think has confirmed just how bad Bury's defence was that day. We scored 6 that day and have hardly scored a goal since.

There is no doubt Peterborough were terrible and gave us so much space. They made it very easy for us.

Think you will see us not being able to play that same way again and with the same attacking force on Tuesday.

Irish Sky Blue

To my mind we did cut them apart because they were so poor.

Worst team I have seen this season.

Remember after the Bury game when a number of City fans questioned how good we were and how bad Bury had been?

I was one of those at first, though did think City player really well too. Our record after that and inability to score since I think has confirmed just how bad Bury's defence was that day. We scored 6 that day and have hardly scored a goal since.

There is no doubt Peterborough were terrible and gave us so much space. They made it very easy for us.

Think you will see us not being able to play that same way again and with the same attacking force on Tuesday.

Nothing to do with how well we played? We will have to agree to disagree. If we play with the same speed and skill on Tuesday I can't see anything but a win for us. Can they do this again? Who knows? As I said previously Posh were the best team I have seen this season for their first half display at the Ricoh.

Otis

Of course it had something to do with how we played. No doubt about that. If you watch the game again though, just look at how poor Peterborough are and how poor their marking was and how they allowed us space.

Any team allows us space and we can be dangerous. What we have had in reality though for a number of months, is teams closing us down, harrying us and denying us space.

If Colchester don't do that on Tuesday then I think we can do the same thing again. If they close us down and pressurise us it will be much harder for us.

Irish Sky Blue

We went on a 10 game unbeaten league run after his injury.

Just looked at his CCFC record. He has played 36 (league) games, won 18, drawn 10, lost 8. Over 36 games that gives us 64 points. Gillingham in 4th place at the moment have 63 points but have played a game more. Of the 12 games he played this season we lost only 3. He played 24 games last season, a lot of them in a really struggling team, yet we still picked up results when he was there. I know he has his failings but at this level, for us, his record is undeniably impressive. He could have been a huge influence but for a really unlucky, not typical injury. (Also he scores goals!). Disclaimer: someone might disagree with my maths. Used last season's programme and this season's fixture list to work out the figures.

Gazolba

TM always said this was a two year plan. <snip>

All a '2-year plan' means is that if you fail in the first year, you get one more chance. In reality, Coventry is just a succession of 'one year plans'.

Gazolba

<snip>

If Colchester don't do that on Tuesday then I think we can do the same thing again. If they close us down and pressurise us it will be much harder for us.

So we are relying on our opponents watching our tapes, seeing what was successful against us and then not doing the same. That would take either a really stupid opposing manager or players so poor they cannot follow directions..

Otis

So we are relying on our opponents watching our tapes, seeing what was successful against us and then not doing the same. That would take either a really stupid opposing manager or players so poor they cannot follow directions..
Yep, exactly.

So many teams have done just that against us, pressed us, harried us, closed us down, nullified us.

For some bizarre reason Peterborough didn't do that in that first half and stood off us and allowed us to play our way through them. Hence the much improved first half display.

Second half Peterborough did what they should have done from the start and pressurised us much higher up the pitch and closed us down and we struggled to be the same side as a result in that second period.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Yep, exactly.

So many teams have done just that against us, pressed us, harried us, closed us down, nullified us.

For some bizarre reason Peterborough didn't do that in that first half and stood off us and allowed us to play our way through them. Hence the much improved first half display.

Second half Peterborough did what they should have done from the start and pressurised us much higher up the pitch and closed us down and we struggled to be the same side as a result in that second period.

Yes they were improved second half, but we were still by far the better team second half and still created chance after chance.

After making it 2-1 we had a great chance to slice through them again , But for some unknown reason Henderson started treading water and tripped over his own donkey feet. Any other striker would have been clean through.

Murphy also hit the Post again.

No no flipping point over analysing it was plain to see in the first half to every sky blue fan.....it wasn't gonna be our day! We will play a lot worse and win.

Should have been out of sight after 30 mins.

Otis

Yes they were improved second half, but we were still by far the better team second half and still created chance after chance.

After making it 2-1 we had a great chance to slice through them again , But for some unknown reason Henderson started treading water and tripped over his own donkey feet. Any other striker would have been clean through.

No no flipping point over analysing it was plain to see in the first half to every sky blue fan.....it wasn't gonna be our day! We will play a lot worse and win.

We should. And as I said at the time, there seemed like there was only one way this was going and that was defeat.

You have to take your chances or you will pay for it and with our canny knack of letting silly goals in you just knew Peterborough would score.

dongonzalos

As I say without any question at all.
Play the exact same game again and again.
Give both sides the same chances
Cov would win the majority of the times.
It was a very good performance not like some of the recent poorer performances. Just hope they keep it up now and individuals do their jobs for the whole game.
Don't get caught out of position or walk away from their one job at the back post before a corner is cleared!

steve82

As I say without any question at all.
Play the exact same game again and again.
Give both sides the same chances
Cov would win the majority of the times.
It was a very good performance not like some of the recent poorer performances. Just hope they keep it up now and individuals do their jobs for the whole game.
Don't get caught out of position or walk away from their one job at the back post before a corner is cleared!

Pivotal moment was letting a sloppy goal in just before the break. Your chasing a game then and home side gain belief and ours drops after some good chances.
Goals win games and mistakes cost games...

Grendel

So a very good performance against one of the worst sides in the division and we concede 3 goals.

Awesome.

Otis

It's the Crewe's Steve Davis' 'the only difference between the 2 sides was the 5 goals' philosophy.

Sick of hearing if reda wasnt injured city started slipping when ben turner got injured mathew pennington would do the job not reda has anyone told him theres about 40 odd games in a season

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

Nothing to do with how well we played? We will have to agree to disagree. If we play with the same speed and skill on Tuesday I can't see anything but a win for us. Can they do this again? Who knows? As I said previously Posh were the best team I have seen this season for their first half display at the Ricoh.

Did you watch Wigan tear Swindon a new a**e? I honestly fear for us when we play them. Without any doubt at all Wigan are far and away the best team in this league, and I think they will win the league by 4-5 points.... At least.

Otis

Did you watch Wigan tear Swindon a new a**e? I honestly fear for us when we play them. Without any doubt at all Wigan are far and away the best team in this league, and I think they will win the league by 4-5 points.... At least.
What rubbish! We can win 3 in a row and in fact go on to win all 8 matches.

Wigan? Pah!! Mere mortals to the invincible, 'just need it to click together,' Coventry City !

stevefloyd

As much as I would love to see us go on a 8 game winning streak I think even the most optimistic Cov supporter seriously doubts that will happen

matesx

we are in relegation form

feel very let down by management and players

"they build you up and they always let you down
"

Users who are viewing this thread