Goal scorer needed (1 Viewer)

Bad Boy

Thanks for all the sincere comments
Good to know we want the same for the City
I can't speak for others LBSBf but my response simply pointed out that the need for a new striker is one which most (if not all) clubs desire. Strikers, good ones that is, are the most prized and in short supply. Believe me I'd love us to have an abundance of them.
Sorry I didn't mean to offend you.

PVA

We've got two on the bench.

Sadly their seasons have been badly affected by injury.

If one of them had stayed fit the whole season we'd be fairly comfortable. If they'd both stayed fit we'd be very comfortable

stevefloyd

What we need more than anything is a decent scout or scouting system that can spot the difference between shite and good players because with our budget we cannot keep wasting it on the likes of Baka, Hilsner, Kasta, Jobello, I guess you can stick Gyokeres in that too even though he's a loanee, I think a proven chief scout could be worth potentially millions to us so break the bank and get one because signing duds like these are costing us and yes I do know all signings are a risk and not every one turns out to be gold

Kilclines curly mullet

We have goalscorers, both of whom have missed large parts of the season through injury and when they have played have barely been fit.

Take Salah and Marne out of the Liverpool team/ Kane and Son out of the Spurs team and they would both struggle.

Not comparing Godden and Walker to those strikers obviously..

Northeast sky blue

We have goalscorers, both of whom have missed large parts of the season through injury and when they have played have barely been fit.

Take Salah and Marne out of the Liverpool team/ Kane and Son out of the Spurs team and they would both struggle.

Not comparing Godden and Walker to those strikers obviously..
They have missed large parts of the season especially Godden but Walker returned against Cardiff, then started the next couple of games including Brentford and now it looks as though he's not a preferred starter

ddsdube

What we need more than anything is a decent scout or scouting system that can spot the difference between shite and good players because with our budget we cannot keep wasting it on the likes of Baka, Hilsner, Kasta, Jobello, I guess you can stick Gyokeres in that too even though he's a loanee, I think a proven chief scout could be worth potentially millions to us so break the bank and get one because signing duds like these are costing us and yes I do know all signings are a risk and not every one turns out to be gold

Dabo, Hamer, Godden, O’Hare, Ostigard.... I think recruitment has been pretty good on a shoestring, much better than in the last 10-15 yrs. especially when we’ve paid a fee (Hamer, Godden). On our budget you’re picking rough diamonds so it’s a gamble. At least they’re cheap gambles. How much crap did Strachan and managers since spend millions on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Dabo, Hamer, Godden, O’Hare, Ostigard.... I think recruitment has been pretty good on a shoestring, much better than in the last 10-15 yrs. especially when we’ve paid a fee (Hamer, Godden). On our budget you’re picking rough diamonds so it’s a gamble. At least they’re cheap gambles. How much crap did Strachan and managers since spend millions on?

Not saying we didn't get a few half decent players just need to try and use the budget available better we are paying good money to the likes of Kasta, Hilsner etc and they are getting no game time so its just dead money if they cannot be utilised in any way

cov donkey kick

We do and they are out there I've mentioned huggill but someone to get in the championship 12 to 15 goals would make a major difference which should not break the Bank the likes of toney are out of our budget which we all no, even someone like matt Smith at Millwall who is buildwise simalar build a target man who would score double figures he's not in there team now due to there style of play
He's played Premier LG football at Fulham so he's got expierence and can play sole striker role and he would be affordable I think.

SBAndy

We do and they are out there I've mentioned huggill but someone to get in the championship 12 to 15 goals would make a major difference which should not break the Bank the likes of toney are out of our budget which we all no, even someone like matt Smith at Millwall who is buildwise simalar build a target man who would score double figures he's not in there team now due to there style of play
He's played Premier LG football at Fulham so he's got expierence and can play sole striker role and he would be affordable I think.

Jordan Hugill went to Norwich for about £5m last summer and is no doubt on £30k+ per week.

Winny the Bish

We need more players who can actually CREATE chances for our strikers. O'Hare is trying but exhausted after the hour in every game and MR's decision to bring in Gyok + James and not a new attacking midfielder in January could end up being the reason we go down.

Hobo

Not saying we didn't get a few half decent players just need to try and use the budget available better we are paying good money to the likes of Kasta, Hilsner etc and they are getting no game time so its just dead money if they cannot be utilised in any way

Robins did his best to shift Kasta out in the summer. Hilsner had an unfortunate start to his Sky blues career. Also I have no idea what he is on but suspect he is in the cheap gamble bracket.

Frostie

We have one of the best recruitment teams around imo & they are hugely well regarded by others in the game.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We need a goal scorer !

No shit Sherlock.

giphy.gif

Covcraig@bury

I thought Walker was our messiah!!! Utter shite .. but totally agree we need a striker that can put a shift in as well as score .

cc84cov

They have missed large parts of the season especially Godden but Walker returned against Cardiff, then started the next couple of games including Brentford and now it looks as though he's not a preferred starter
He’s not starting probably due to Max’s work out of possession over walkers,madness really when he’s spent good money on walker after a year long chase for him and we lack a clinical finisher,max will probably start at QPR also this will be another reason for relegation not sure how robins has got max starting thinking he’s gonna get the goals to keep us up

Sick Boy

He’s not starting probably due to Max’s work out of possession over walkers,madness really when he’s spent good money on walker after a year long chase for him and we lack a clinical finisher,max will probably start at QPR also this will be another reason for relegation not sure how robins has got max starting thinking he’s gonna get the goals to keep us up
There’s no way he can continue starting Biamou.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I thought that few weeks ago about Wilson mate 🤷🏻‍♂️ Surley Godden starts at QPR

He's going to have to have an amazing recovery to be fit enough to do that. Don't get me wrong, would love to see him do it but he'd need a partner t make up for his lack of fitness and even then need replacing before the hour. Alone up front he won't last a half.

cc84cov

He's going to have to have an amazing recovery to be fit enough to do that. Don't get me wrong, would love to see him do it but he'd need a partner t make up for his lack of fitness and even then need replacing before the hour. Alone up front he won't last a half.
We won’t be playing 2 up front away to them

Barnsley

This is the biggest disadvantage to having a small budget at this level, you can find players capable of performing to the standard needed all over the pitch, but strikers capable of scoring at this level, come at a cost too much for us. It’s the biggest difference between a top half finish and a relegation battle.

Malaka

To me the concern is lack of service along with poor finishing. Very few chances are created by our midfield, yes they work hard, yes they are skilful, yes they work hard, but the final ball is often left wanting.
Only five shots on target in the month of March. That is desperate and no amount of excuses can account for that. It is inexcusable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread