Godden - Huddersfield (4 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

They're apparently sniffing around, Dave must have done a ring around

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Don't think he'd be worth much despite his goalscoring record. Aging and injury prone.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How to get relegated, lose fans and alienate people

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Who knows what will happen in the next couple of days, but if we did actually sell Godden, I doubt I would even watch a game for the rest of the season. The worrying thing is, after what we are hearing about Hyam, it wouldn't surprise me if Boddy has indeed been picking up the phone and is 'whoring our players around'.

lord_garrincha

Good summer = Get rid of 2 strikers we want out.

Potential reality = The 2 strikers we want out to lead our attack for the season.

Surely, this cannot happen!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

How to get relegated, lose fans and alienate people
And it’s just an awful plan. Having said that much like the increase in bills what is the answer if ccfc don’t have the money?
Investment is needed and if it’s not available is this the least worst option?
Some serious questions need asking if so

Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Who knows what will happen in the next couple of days, but if we did actually sell Godden, I doubt I would even watch a game for the rest of the season. The worrying thing is, after what we are hearing about Hyam, it wouldn't surprise me if Boddy has indeed been picking up the phone and is 'whoring our players around'.

He’s another one you’d have to force out the door too. At this rate it’s probably just Boddy swooping a bag over his head and forcing him in the back of a Mini

Sick Boy

He’s another one you’d have to force out the door too. At this rate it’s probably just Boddy swooping a bag over his head and forcing him in the back of a Mini
What do you expect, he’s a really nice guy trying to swim the Atlantic with his hands tied behind his back.
It’s impossible anyone else could do a better job.

Skyblueweeman

They're apparently sniffing around, Dave must have done a ring around

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Or maybe it's because they're second from bottom early on in the season and want to bring in a striker to salvage their season before it's too late?

Gooden, one of only 3 players to have a goal per game ratio so far and we're a club seemingly in need of cash so it looks like an obvious bout of interest.

Not everything needs to involve BD ringing around FFS...

Reactions: vow

Sky Blue Pete

Good job you have a meeting with this individual today
Yeah but I’m scared he won’t talk to me or like me so I can’t ask him anything he might get cross about. With all this going on the timing is all the more strange!

Im pretty certain we are going to get a pessimistic outlook based on losing the income and notmaking a big sale.

I need to pull on my big boy pants to monopolise the conversation and not allow trite answers.

I do struggle when there are no answers. The answer is definitely investment and if the current owner isn’t interested in that as she’s proved then we need a buyer

Colin Steins Smile

If SISU's aim is to sell at the top of the business cycle. Then they're going about it in a rather st
Yeah but I’m scared he won’t talk to me or like me so I can’t ask him anything he might get cross about. With all this going on the timing is all the more strange!

Im pretty certain we are going to get a pessimistic outlook based on losing the income and notmaking a big sale.

I need to pull on my big boy pants to monopolise the conversation and not allow trite answers.

I do struggle when there are no answers. The answer is definitely investment and if the current owner isn’t interested in that as she’s proved then we need a buyer
If the club sell it's best players.....the adage of selling at the top of the business cycle is going to disappear pretty quickly. Especially if we look like relegation candidates....any prospective buyers are going to realise the £7m a year for being in the Championship is going to look a lot less next season in L1

KenilworthSkyBlue

Or maybe it's because they're second from bottom early on in the season and want to bring in a striker to salvage their season before it's too late?

Gooden, one of only 3 players to have a goal per game ratio so far and we're a club seemingly in need of cash so it looks like an obvious bout of interest.

Not everything needs to involve BD ringing around FFS...

It's clear another player needs to be sold in order to prevent further cashflow issues later on in the season.

If you think that will happen by Boddy sitting on his hands waiting for the phone to ring then you're gravely naive.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

This is like the reverse bomb squad-keep all the players nobody wants and flog anyone vaguely good for half the price

Skyblueweeman

It's clear another player needs to be sold in order to prevent further cashflow issues later on in the season.

If you think that will happen by Boddy is sitting on his hands waiting for the phone to ring then you're gravely naive.

I totally agree to the fact that we need to improve our cash flow. But to insinuate our CEO is ringing clubs offering our best players is just mental.

It's not naivety - it's just common sense.

The reasons I put above are likely why a club such as Huddersfield might be interested in Godden. Same for Hyam - Blackburn know that we're in a weak position financially with the 3 home postponements/paying to rent Burton for a game so they came back with an apparent lower offer and got their man.

Does that mean I think we're right in what we're doing? No.
Do I agree that we need more money? Yes.
Do I think it's absolutely mental for to think that a CEO is calling clubs to sell our better players? Jesus christ yes. Just the same made up nonsense in peoples heads.

If you're in DBs position, needing more money and you have two options, what do you do?

* 1. Call clubs to offer our best players to plug cash flow issues, knowing that you're going to piss off your manager, 13.5k season ticket holders and a wider section of the fan base who've only recently come back to the club after MR and his teams achievements over the last few years.

* 2. Ask Joy for some cash to cover the loan knowing that we can claim compo from Wasps to retrospectively improve the cash flow.

If people seriously think DB is such a loon that he'd rather sell our best players than ask his boss for more cash, I think I'm done here.

What's more likely?

rexo87

I totally agree to the fact that we need to improve our cash flow. But to insinuate our CEO is ringing clubs offering our best players is just mental.

It's not naivety - it's just common sense.

The reasons I put above are likely why a club such as Huddersfield might be interested in Godden. Same for Hyam - Blackburn know that we're in a weak position financially with the 3 home postponements/paying to rent Burton for a game so they came back with an apparent lower offer and got their man.

Does that mean I think we're right in what we're doing? No.
Do I agree that we need more money? Yes.
Do I think it's absolutely mental for to think that a CEO is calling clubs to sell our better players? Jesus christ yes. Just the same made up nonsense in peoples heads.

If you're in DBs position, needing more money and you have two options, what do you do?

* 1. Call clubs to offer our best players to plug cash flow issues, knowing that you're going to piss off your manager, 13.5k season ticket holders and a wider section of the fan base who've only recently come back to the club after MR and his teams achievements over the last few years.

* 2. Ask Joy for some cash to cover the loan knowing that we can claim compo from Wasps to retrospectively improve the cash flow.

If people seriously think DB is such a loon that he'd rather sell our best players than ask his boss for more cash, I think I'm done here.

What's more likely?
Read the Blackburn article on signing Hyam...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

What do you expect, he’s a really nice guy trying to swim the Atlantic with his hands tied behind his back.
It’s impossible anyone else could do a better job.

Here's a cashflow conundrum for Dave. What's the bigger cost:

1,000 ST holders ask for their money back because you're flogging first team regulars for sod all and trying to get relegated

Or

Keeping one of those regulars at the club

shmmeee

What the answer is doesn’t matter. But there needs to be an answer to the question: how do you balance the books at this level.

There are seemingly only two modes out there: investment for the hell of it, investment into young players who are sold for a profit.

They will tell you it’s the latter. In which case what’s the plan for when windows like this one happen and what have they learned for next time? Also how will the club sustain itself in future years if we can’t bring in any more potential?

Users who are viewing this thread