Transfer Rumour Godden off to Derby? (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Keep at least until the end of the season, but I’d be looking to bring in another younger striker to develop. Sinclair Armstrong would be interesting.

Offhegoes

Godden would score goals at any level.

He’s not been threaded those clever balls from midfield and has struggled for the last 12 months, from our move to a more direct game last season, and the lack of Hamer and O’Hare this campaign.

He would be a great super sub, but I think after yesterday it’s clear that Simms is our central striker.

if we’re looking for a winner with 15 mins to go , he”d still ne a great option.

skyblu3sk

Godden is a real footballer, the other 2 are failed athletes who couldn’t hit a darn door.
Robin Thicke GIF by The Masked Singer

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He’s not been threaded those clever balls from midfield and has struggled for the last 12 months, from our move to a more direct game last season, and the lack of Hamer and O’Hare this campaign.

He would be a great super sub, but I think after yesterday it’s clear that Simms is our central striker.

if we’re looking for a winner with 15 mins to go , he”d still ne a great option.

Simms played well yesterday but there's currently a massive overreaction to that. It is one game. Also, he's scored in only one game all season too. He has a very long way to go to, that's even before you consider the price tag.

I agree Godden has not been playing that well, probably too busy on the golf course, but he's still our top scorer. Talking about binning him off for a striker who so far has been extremely poor overall is baffling to me personally.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Personally I’d keep Godden for now and next season. Proven goal scorer. Pivotal part of our rise and beautiful hair. Plus if we get rid “get godden on” and “should have brought godden on” won’t work anymore.
It’ll work on Tony if he ever gets lost and ends up on a football thread

robbiekeane

Personally I’d keep Godden for now and next season. Proven goal scorer. Pivotal part of our rise and beautiful hair. Plus if we get rid “get godden on” and “should have brought godden on” won’t work anymore.
I think many people significant undervalue the man’s lid

stevefloyd

The problem with Godden is he is painfully slow and he's not going to get quicker anytime soon, he has been good for us but every dog has his day and sadly his days must be numbered so if we can cash in on him and Robins brings in a real prospect then its a no brainer BUT we really do need quality coming in he's done it once with Gyokeres so hopefully he can do it again with someone who is hungry

Deity

He would not score goals in the Prem or international level.

Evo1883

He would not score goals in the Prem or international level.
To be fair some of our fans said he wouldn't score in this league , he's been good for us and cost us very little , his return is better than many at this level and he should be respected more by the fans in general

Some fans speak about him like he's callum ball , he's a solid footballer

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This season him being kept as a sub if we need a goal seems fine, but next season we need to be looking to add someone with more to their game.

Obviously depends on if someone offered us a fee for him in Jan and if Godden wanted to move on for game time, but I don't think we'd get a decent enough offer or be able to bring anyone in to make his exit worthwhile right now.

napolimp

Simms played well yesterday but there's currently a massive overreaction to that. It is one game. Also, he's scored in only one game all season too. He has a very long way to go to, that's even before you consider the price tag.

I agree Godden has not been playing that well, probably too busy on the golf course, but he's still our top scorer. Talking about binning him off for a striker who so far has been extremely poor overall is baffling to me personally.

IMO Simms was extremely good value. You can see the footballer there, slowly getting used to our style of play and building confidence. He's a proven goal scorer at this level, and he's only 22 years old. I would be baffled if we didn't make a profit on him, if it ever came time to sell.

I think at this point we can put the tantrums about recruitment behind us, it was clearly a good window the players just needed (need) time.

JulianDarbyFTW

I'm of the opinion that Godden, Kelly, and possibly McFadz are still here partly because they're the old guard in terms of the squad spirit and togetherness we've seen over the past few years. As soon as the new guys are fully bought into being a group, they'll be gone. It'll be sad, but in football it's inevitable.

SkyBlueMatt

I'm of the opinion that Godden, Kelly, and possibly McFadz are still here partly because they're the old guard in terms of the squad spirit and togetherness we've seen over the past few years. As soon as the new guys are fully bought into being a group, they'll be gone. It'll be sad, but in football it's inevitable.

100%. Obviously that isn't the only reason but people underestimate how important this is. Robins has said it multiple times about O'Hare being around the squad, who has been massively important to the culture (I don't think I'm going to be able to cope seeing him play for another Championship club :ROFLMAO: ). They are the old guard, who have helped bring Coventry City back.

When the player or MR thinks it's time, then they move on but I'm in no rush to see them gone.

The positives are is that Kitching, Thomas & especially MvE look like they could be starting to drink the CCFC Kool-aid.

SkyB

100%. Obviously that isn't the only reason but people underestimate how important this is. Robins has said it multiple times about O'Hare being around the squad, who has been massively important to the culture (I don't think I'm going to be able to cope seeing him play for another Championship club :ROFLMAO: ). They are the old guard, who have helped bring Coventry City back.

When the player or MR thinks it's time, then they move on but I'm in no rush to see them gone.

The positives are is that Kitching, Thomas & especially MvE look like they could be starting to drink the CCFC Kool-aid.

It was painful watching the early games City unseen. You could see the players were close at all and Robins mentioned it numerous times that they were struggling to gel.

A couple of wins and games in the trenches and they look completely different. It even looks like Hadji and Simms are starting to get on board with it. I'm of the opinion that with the size and physicality of both of them when they do start downing the kool-aid they'll be serious players for us!

fernandopartridge

It was painful watching the early games City unseen. You could see the players were close at all and Robins mentioned it numerous times that they were struggling to gel.

A couple of wins and games in the trenches and they look completely different. It even looks like Hadji and Simms are starting to get on board with it. I'm of the opinion that with the size and physicality of both of them when they do start downing the kool-aid they'll be serious players for us!

O'Hare's return seems to have helped with the process

Londonccfcfan

IMO Simms was extremely good value. You can see the footballer there, slowly getting used to our style of play and building confidence. He's a proven goal scorer at this level, and he's only 22 years old. I would be baffled if we didn't make a profit on him, if it ever came time to sell.

I think at this point we can put the tantrums about recruitment behind us, it was clearly a good window the players just needed (need) time.
I for one Never ever doubted Simms...he's proven goal scored in this league albeit half a season.

He will be a great striker imo. And great value considering his pedigree/age/potential to develop.

SBAndy

I for one Never ever doubted Simms...he's proven goal scored in this league albeit half a season.

He will be a great striker imo. And great value considering his pedigree/age/potential to develop.

Think one of the things we’re seeing is he’s adding more to his game. His hold up play is slowly getting better and I think we’ve seen Robins try to add this to strikers that have come before. If he can bag a few more and become a bit of a goal scoring target man, that could be rather valuable.

MalcSB

Personally I’d be happy to see us generate some cash from Godden, he’s a decent back up I suppose but then if we need a replacement for a particular game we’ve always got Haji who can come off the left wing spot. If we got £3-5 mil for Godden then I’d probably take it if I was Doug.
Absolutely no chance of that sort of money.

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread