Good Morning. Here to chat CCFC, if anyone would care to (1 Viewer)

SLOnAir

Good morning. If anyone wishes to exchange views on CCFC, happy to do so for half an hour or so. To be clear, I have no wish to impose myself on anyone who does not want to make contact, but more than happy to respond to those that do.

Last time I was on it was difficult to keep up with all the replies, so apologies for any that I missed. I will try to do better this time. And I have posted on twitter that I'm here, in answer to comments to that effect last time.

SkyblueBazza

Hi Stuart. Missed the show yesterday but some reported on this forum that you were showing your "true colours" in the last 10mins or so of the show. What do you thin prompted that? And could you clarify your position?

SLOnAir

I think that is a regrettable move if it happens. I would prefer to see City play at the Ricoh. Difficult to say whether it's for the long term benefit, without having a detailed view of projected finances, which I don't have.

CCFCDan87

I think that is a regrettable move if it happens. I would prefer to see City play at the Ricoh. Difficult to say whether it's for the long term benefit, without having a detailed view of projected finances, which I don't have.

Thank you, you get some bad publicity which is not fair.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Stuart in the past Cwr have had phone ins on issues that have cropped up why haven't we had any regarding the latest and greatest issue that that the club have ever had?

SLOnAir

Hi
How do you see the next couple of months panning out
Takeover , Ricoh , Sisu ?

I hope, as I'm sure we all do, that we have a settlement that sees Coventry City Football Club in a positive financial position, still playing at the Ricoh, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I think it's very difficult to predict what will happen next.

Hi Stuart,

How likely do you think it is, in your opinion, that the administrator will hand ownership back to SISU?

SLOnAir

Stuart in the past Cwr have had phone ins on issues that have cropped up why haven't we had any regarding the latest and greatest issue that that the club have ever had?

I am not involved with the management of the radio station, so I can not answer why certain programmes are planned or why others are not.

SLOnAir

Hi Stuart,

How likely do you think it is, in your opinion, that the administrator will hand ownership back to SISU?

Without knowing what precise offers the administrator will have to consider, it is difficult to say, but it would appear from what we know that Sisu are in a strong position - but, as I say, it is very difficult to know.

intercity

hello stuart,next season if say we play at Walsall will there still be an ex player doing the co commentating with Geoff at home games and will there be a half time draw still?cheers stu

SLOnAir

Morning Stuart.
What did you think TF interview with Shane,and do you think TF changed his answers to the questions you put to him the week before.

I think Shane did an excellent job, as he does. It is quite likely TF had modified his responses having had time to consider them. Bear in mind he did not know what I was going to ask him so gave an immediate response re the garden of remembrance, the wall of bricks and the JH statue.

jas365

I do not recall reading any of that. Sorry, I can't answer.

The article is here SL, I suggest you read it and start asking Mr Fisher what his opinions are on some of the points raised.
http://aprisonofmeasuredtime.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/its-timmy-time/

The last time you were on here I asked about the turnover/wages and the confusion over the principal activity as stated in the accounts in CCFC Ltd and I have also asked Shane O'Connor to ask Fisher about this several times, but no one seems to want to ask him, why is this???? This is one of the absolute key questions that needs answering IMO.

torchomatic

I dont it would happen but to get both sides in the studio would make great radio.

Senior Vick from Alicante

OK Stuart, I will stop short of calling Tim Fisher what a lot of people do for fear of litigation but surely it must be frustrating for you to hold your tongue. The guy is the proverbial fence sitter saying one thing to one party and another thing to others, the constant spin he gets himself involved with must wind you up when its plain to see he is constantly coming out with contradictions. How will you combat this in the future while he still spouts off on behalf of SISU?

SLOnAir

hello stuart,next season if say we play at Walsall will there still be an ex player doing the co commentating with Geoff at home games and will there be a half time draw still?cheers stu

Re the co-commentator, I would guess that BBC Coventry & Warwickshire's coverage would be very similar to what has occurred before, but it won't be my decision and, as yet, I am not aware of any plans being made for next season. They will be made, but difficult to do so until we know precisely where we will play.

Re the half-time draw, I have no idea. That is a matter for the football club. Nothing to do with me.

torchomatic

Of course he will continue to 'spout' for SISU as PWKH does for ACL. We won't progress as a club until we are shot of both of them.

OK Stuart, I will stop short of calling Tim Fisher what a lot of people do for fear of litigation but surely it must be frustrating for you to hold your tongue. The guy is the proverbial fence sitter saying one thing to one party and another thing to others, the constant spin he gets himself involved with must wind you up when its plain to see he is constantly coming out with contradictions. How will you combat this in the future while he still spouts off on behalf of SISU?

SLOnAir

I will continue to question all sides as fairly as possible, as do my colleagues at BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. As for TF "spouting off" on behalf of Sisu, he is the Chief Executive of the football club and, as such, he will of course present the policy of the club and its owners. You may not agree with all he says, I may not agree with all he says, but he is as entitled to say it as people are to disagree with him. I hold no brief for his view nor any other of the parties involved, but I do think that far too many people are too quick to be abusive and condemn anyone whose view does not appear to match their own.

jas365

I will continue to question all sides as fairly as possible, as do my colleagues at BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. As for TF "spouting off" on behalf of Sisu, he is the Chief Executive of the football club and, as such, he will of course present the policy of the club and its owners. You may not agree with all he says, I may not agree with all he says, but he is as entitled to say it as people are to disagree with him. I hold no brief for his view nor any other of the parties involved, but I do think that far too many people are too quick to be abusive and condemn anyone whose view does not appear to match their own.

To repeat what i posted at the top of the page, why won't you or Shane O'Connor ask Mr Fisher about the turnover/wages and principal activity in CCFC Ltd??? Is it part of the agreement in him coming on air that you don't ask him about certain subjects?

mattylad

Hi Stuart whats the chances of CWR getting JE or GH to explain how/why an improved offer was or needed to be made?

SLOnAir

Hi Where do you think the so called £70 million debt has really come from?

As I understand it, approx £30-million was dealing with debt inherited when Sisu took over in the first place. That leaves £40-million, or whatever the precise number is, which when you consider ALL the outgoings of running the business is probably not far from the mark. Bear in mind, so far as we know, no one is owed a penny by CCFC, apart from the infamous Ricoh rent. So far as we know, all wages (not just players) paid, no debt to HMRC - in fact none of the issues that have caused problems at other clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread