Great Moments At CCFC Games (1 Viewer)

shropshirecov

Ndlovu wonder goal v villa at home 90/91 ish won 1-0

And coming from 1-3 with 9 men v Wimbledon rennie scored I think

Brighton Sky Blue

Continuing on from yesterday, big Dele's solo goal at Blackburn in 2008-I don't think any of us could believe what we were watching.

Also last season at Southampton, I must've had half a dozen Saints fans come up to me and praise us for how well we got behind our team and how keen they were to see us come back. This carried on throughout the evening and even on the train back to Brighton more sat down near us to talk about our time in the PL and being relieved that SISU got nowhere near owning them.

A class bunch of fans-I don't think I'll forget it.

Samo

5-4 against Forrest at Highfield Road
Speedo's debut (i thought we'd hit the big time!)

SonofErnie

4-3 v Spurs New Years day 1987 - big Cyrille scored a last minute winner
3-0 v Villa - Boxing day early 90s- 3 goals in 8 minutes - Rosario's best game for Cov
2-1 v Liverpool away 1997 - 2 corners, 2 goals - Strachan tells McCallister to keep it in the corner at 1-1 but he sends the corner in and we score - kept us up more so than the Spurs result
5-0 v Watford 1981 - league cup Quarter final - Bodak runs riot
3-2 v West Ham 1981 - league cup semi - come back from 2 down - 36k at Highfield Road
5-1 v Liverpool early 90s - I had 2 tickets but sold one to a reds fan outside the ground - so funny seeing him squirm as the goals went in
4-0 v Liverpoll 1983 - Gibbo hatrick, other scored by Platnauer - remember him !

All fantastic days and memories for me, though I'm sure I could name many more

skybluelee

Off the top of my drunken head;

83 - Liverpool 4-0, the day my dad convinced me that supporting Cov would be a better option than Liverpool - bastard.
85 - Everton 4-1
86 - Spurs 4-3
87 - Sheff U QF
87 - Leeds SF
87 - Spurs F
90 - Forest 5-4, Forest fans leaving en mass at 4-0 - hilarious
92 - Liverpool 5-1
92 - Villa 3-0
93 - Arsenal 3-0
95 - Liverpool 2 Ndlovu 3
95 - Cov 5 Champions Blackburn 0
97 - Spurs 1 Cov 2
97 - v Man U, that Huckerby goal
98 - Liverpool 1 Cov 3 FAC
98 - Villa 0 Cov 1 FAC
98 - Villa 1 Cov 4, Dion's first game against us since leaving us
99 - Cov 2 Villa 1, JG - "You will be sacked in the morning!"
99 - Cov 3 Arsenal 2. That Hadji goal. That Keane goal. Fuck me, we used to be good.

Anything post relegation is irrelevant. Apart from the joy of the Preston JPT win. And maybe Westwood's last min penalty save v Wolves in...09 (?)

SBS

Off the top of my drunken head;

83 - Liverpool 4-0, the day my dad convinced me that supporting Cov would be a better option than Liverpool - bastard.
85 - Everton 4-1
86 - Spurs 4-3
87 - Sheff U QF
87 - Leeds SF
87 - Spurs F
90 - Forest 5-4, Forest fans leaving en mass at 4-0 - hilarious
92 - Liverpool 5-1
92 - Villa 3-0
93 - Arsenal 3-0
95 - Liverpool 2 Ndlovu 3
95 - Cov 5 Champions Blackburn 0
97 - Spurs 1 Cov 2
97 - v Man U, that Huckerby goal
98 - Liverpool 1 Cov 3 FAC
98 - Villa 0 Cov 1 FAC
98 - Villa 1 Cov 4, Dion's first game against us since leaving us
99 - Cov 2 Villa 1, JG - "You will be sacked in the morning!"
99 - Cov 3 Arsenal 2. That Hadji goal. That Keane goal. feck me, we used to be good.

Anything post relegation is irrelevant. Apart from the joy of the Preston JPT win. And maybe Westwood's last min penalty save v Wolves in...09 (?)

Westwoods penalty save was quality, never a pen either. Birmingham away when we won 1-0 as well, he made saves that defied logic.

Mr T - Sukka!

The greatest moment was 87.

Will never be topped and will never be equalled.

The rest contain some great memories but its all about the money now.

Back then it was all about the glory!

torchomatic

Paying £1.75 to get into Old Trafford!

5-4 Norwich at home 77-8 season, Jim Blyth penalty save to keep it 5-4 at the end! Most entertaining season of all those since I've been going. All out attack with two wingers (Hutch & Graydon), Fergie & Wallace up front.

torchomatic

I seem to remember - unless my mind is playing tricks on me - that I saw us draw 4-4 with Brum on a Sunday.

Remember that Norwich game, Gasworks. That was my first real season of going home and away - it was just 10 or so a season before that. Brilliant memories.

Moff

I seem to remember - unless my mind is playing tricks on me - that I saw us draw 4-4 with Brum on a Sunday.

Remember that Norwich game, Gasworks. That was my first real season of going home and away - it was just 10 or so a season before that. Brilliant memories.

Yep 4-4 versus Brum. I do believe it was the Nick Pickering show.
I think he was signed in the January and was with the sacking of Don Mackay and the installation of George and John as bosses the reason we stayed up that season.

The next season 86-87, well as they say the rest is history!

torchomatic

ANd who can forget having to win the last three games of the season to stay up? I remember the Luton home game and the Everton one. The only time my Mom ever went to see Coventry City.

Moff

Seeing as I dislike Sunderland, I can happilly remember us beating them 6-1 at home in the time when Dave Sexton was boss. Happy happy days!
I think Hateley scored two, Garry Thompson two, Gerry Francis one, and cant remember the other scorer.

ANd who can forget having to win the last three games of the season to stay up? I remember the Luton home game and the Everton one. The only time my Mom ever went to see Coventry City.

The other one was Stoke away on a Friday night. Ian Painter missed a late penalty for Stoke and we won 1-0. We then signed Ian Painter! (Can't remember him doing much for us though!)

Colin1883

Seeing as I dislike Sunderland, I can happilly remember us beating them 6-1 at home in the time when Dave Sexton was boss. Happy happy days!
I think Hateley scored two, Garry Thompson two, Gerry Francis one, and cant remember the other scorer.

GT hat trick?!

torchomatic

That's right, Stoke away. On the way home we went onto the wrong carriageway and were half way to Manchester before we realised! My mate had just passed his test and we went in an old Hillman Imp.

The other one was Stoke away on a Friday night. Ian Painter missed a late penalty for Stoke and we won 1-0. We then signed Ian Painter! (Can't remember him doing much for us though!)

1nilandwe...

A couple of my favourite moments came just after we got relegated. I'd just gone to get a KitKat in the West Terrace, I was walking back down the stairs to my seat just as Mcallister struck that volley against Derby. It felt as if it was coming straight at my face before dipping into the net. I went mental. Lost my KitKat. Hugged the bloke sat at the end of my row. Brilliant.

Another top one was Stephen Hughes going in goal against Stoke at home. We battered them for 44 minutes and Ian Bennett (I think) got sent off for handling the ball (marginally) outside the area. I was sat in the East Stand as Stoke barely got anywhere near our goal all half, and when they did, super Hughesy valiantly and heroically kept them out. Stoke had a thug in midfield (dreadlocks, can't remember his name) who could have had about 7 yellow cards on his own. One of the most satisfying nil-nils I've ever seen.

Brighton Sky Blue

A couple of my favourite moments came just after we got relegated. I'd just gone to get a KitKat in the West Terrace, I was walking back down the stairs to my seat just as Mcallister struck that volley against Derby. It felt as if it was coming straight at my face before dipping into the net. I went mental. Lost my KitKat. Hugged the bloke sat at the end of my row. Brilliant.

Another top one was Stephen Hughes going in goal against Stoke at home. We battered them for 44 minutes and Ian Bennett (I think) got sent off for handling the ball (marginally) outside the area. I was sat in the East Stand as Stoke barely got anywhere near our goal all half, and when they did, super Hughesy valiantly and heroically kept them out. Stoke had a thug in midfield (dreadlocks, can't remember his name) who could have had about 7 yellow cards on his own. One of the most satisfying nil-nils I've ever seen.

McSheffrey missed a 2nd half penalty in that game if I remember rightly. Couldn't believe how much we dominated that game even with 10 men on the pitch and a midfielder in goal!

wingy

Another top one was Stephen Hughes going in goal against Stoke at home. We battered them for 44 minutes and Ian Bennett (I think) got sent off for handling the ball (marginally) outside the area. I was sat in the East Stand as Stoke barely got anywhere near our goal all half, and when they did, super Hughesy valiantly and heroically kept them out. Stoke had a thug in midfield
(dreadlocks, can't remember his name) who could have had about 7 yellow cards on his own. One of the most satisfying nil-nils I've ever seen.

Remember it well,the infamous Mr singh referreeing.

The thug you were thinking of was Darrel Russel ,should just about be finished with his lower league career now.

I got the impression they went a bit neutral on the game as they knew the ref had done us ,not typical

of Stoke I know. Probably the same with him giving us a pen through guilt ,hope that has'nt shattered any illusion and of course i reserve the right to be wrong. :facepalm::)

RPHunt

A few of my favourites:

Hillsborough in '87 - getting to Wembley for the first time was the main thing.
The Wolves game in '67 and Brian Lewis tormenting Wolves.
Old Trafford Christmas '71, United were running away with the league and we went there expecting a hammering. City 2-0 up at half-time and United lucky to get the 2-2 draw.

Users who are viewing this thread