grievances aside... (1 Viewer)

Sba180

Club before country or vice versa

Always been club for me

Hobo

Club.
Only do internationals in World Cup finals and Euro finals. Qualifiers bore me and friendlies zzzzzzzzzzz

skybluelee

If i were to state my views by way of % my interest would be expressed as: club 99.9%, country 0.1%.

Last edited:

Otis

Club and country.

But tonight I watched England and only checked City's score after the Denmark game had finished.

Any other time of course I would have been watching the Sky Blues play Walsall at the Ricoh! Since we've moved to Northampton I've hardly even checked our scores.

skybluetony176

Club first. I consider myself English but I'm a mongrol, my mum and 99.9% of my huge family are from Northern Ireland, who I also like to see win but when comes to country it's England first.

Otis

Club first. I consider myself English but*I'm a mongrol, my mum and 99.9% of my huge family are from Northern Ireland, who I also like to see win but when comes to country it's England first.

My family has been traced back to 1066, Sherwood Forest, so I am English through and through!!

Samo

Club. Love the international tournaments but always club! PUSB

Monners

Clubs always first. Although disapointed that Ireland lost tonight, I would hav been way more concerned if we had lost.

Sba180

Club and country.

But tonight I watched England and only checked City's score after the Denmark game had finished.

Any other time of course I would have been watching the Sky Blues play Walsall at the Ricoh! Since we've moved to Northampton I've hardly even checked our scores.

I id say grievances aside :D

skybluelee

Club and country.

I am the opposite. Although i have yet to check England score. Frankly couldnt care less how the Man U and Liverpool millionaires got on in a meaningless kick around.

Otis

We are English and England will always be England.

The club on the other hand?

hill83

Both for me, but if pushed to put one ahead of the other, it's England for me. I've not been to many games, only about 10. But the buzz of an International tournament doesn't get any better for me.

No doubt experiencing absolutely nothing like it supporting Coventry City adds to that.

Otis

Both for me, but if pushed to put one ahead of the other, it's England for me. I've not been to many games, only about 10. But the buzz of an International tournament doesn't get any better for me.

No doubt experiencing absolutely nothing like it supporting Coventry City adds to that.

Totally agree with you Hill.

England in a World Cup is just something I really get excited about and the something the whole country talks about.

I may dislike Man U and Liverpool etc. but as soon as one of their players pulls on an England shirt they have my 100% backing and support.

I'm the same in Europe. Any English team playing in Europe automatically gets my support. Even supported the Villa back in 81 was it? Always support anyone representing my country.

torchomatic

Always club. Hate international football.

Spionkop

International football is like watching paint dry. Boring. Having an emotional connection to your team is everything. No emotion at all for internationals.
And if you think League football is expensive......

covcity4life

Club and country.

you have changed your tune.

a few years ago you said you would rather england win world cup than cov get promoted to prem.

thats country over club.

Otis

you have changed your tune.

a few years ago you said you would rather england win world cup than cov get promoted to prem.

thats country over club.

Haven't changed my tune at all. Still firmly believe that. The question then was would you rather City won promotion or the FA Cup etc. or England win the World Cup.

The World Cup for me is the ultimate.

This question was a simply club or country. I love both. The other question was about a specific EVENT.

Quite a difference me old china. :D

May be the same for you, but for me, two totally different questions.

hill83

1. World Cup
2. European cup
3. Promotion
4. FA Cup
5. League Cup
6. Finding a tenner on the floor
7. JPT

Otis

As I said earlier in the thread, had City been at the Ricoh I would have been watching the City vs Walsall last night and not sitting at home watching England on the telly.

Users who are viewing this thread