Match Thread Grimsby Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 12th Aug (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

by the time I'd tracked you down I still probably wouldn't have been served! Have you tried out the app yet? I haven't but I'm going to give it a go.

The app is brilliant. It is definitely worth it. Particularly in the City Arms it is taking forever to get served right now. Order on the app and there is normally one person covering the 'i orders' so you should get your drinks pretty quickly.

Ordered some food and a few drinks on it last week and the beers were with us in about a minute and a half, the food about 7 minutes later.

Otis

So what do we think the teams going to look like Saturday now Andreu has came in?
Yeah, depends where you play him. You would have to think Jones and Vincent will retain their places from last Saturday, so would assume in McNulty 's role.

If he is Championship quality or as near damn it you would have to think he will be straight in.

Cavan O'Doherty

Yeah, depends where you play him. You would have to think Jones and Vincent will retain their places from last Saturday, so would assume in McNulty 's role.

If he is Championship quality or as near damn it you would have to think he will be straight in.
Hope so as I want to judge him for myself. If it was me I would drop Beavon and put McNulty up front with Andreu in the 10.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think Andreu and McNulty will be the future of our 10-9 partnership, but, I think McNulty and Beavon still start on Saturday.

shmmeee

Got to put Andreu in if he’s half as good as is made out. Rest McNulty if he still needs it. It’s going to be a long season, no point building up a squad and then not using it.

Marty

2-0 loss. Slade is going to go all out for the win.

Marty

Didn't do him any good here did it.

I am fully expecting a positive result. Might well be a draw, but I do believe we will win.

He was shocking here. I said after 2 or 3 games he needed to go. I hope you're right. I'd love to stick 5 past them.

steve82

So what do we think the teams going to look like Saturday now Andreu has came in?

No different to Notts county, I assume he's only just linked up with the squad today so a subs appearance around 60/70 mins depending on how the games going most probable with McNulty pushing into the 9 in place of Beavon and Andreu in the 10 for the remainder of the game.

For Newport the week after is when we may see changes

steve82

Didn't do him any good here did it.

I am fully expecting a positive result. Might well be a draw, but I do believe we will win.

It didn't no, but he'd not assembled his squad over the summer to play his game like he's done at Grimsby. He was using tactics far from ideal for the players we had and had no other game plan that would suit the personnel we have.

He's got 10 players in, just like MR has made wholesale changes here with his type of players, slades done likewise as there result showed against Chesterfield.

Hopeful of us sneaking a win tho, with the strength of the squad we have now.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I'm going to make a relegation and champions GIF, then if we win I will use one, if we lose it will be the other.

fernandopartridge

The app is brilliant. It is definitely worth it. Particularly in the City Arms it is taking forever to get served right now. Order on the app and there is normally one person covering the 'i orders' so you should get your drinks pretty quickly.

Ordered some food and a few drinks on it last week and the beers were with us in about a minute and a half, the food about 7 minutes later.
My missus has got it. Will give it a go next time I pop in the local spoons. Does it tell you which guest ale is on?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My missus has got it. Will give it a go next time I pop in the local spoons. Does it tell you which guest ale is on?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The guest ales and speciality drinks are a little difficult actually. Apologies, I should have mentioned that.

Everything is really good overall, but last week I really wanted a St.Stefanus beer and I had to go to the bar. 99% of the time it is great though!

Warwickhunt

I think Andreu and McNulty will be the future of our 10-9 partnership, but, I think McNulty and Beavon still start on Saturday.
We need to wear their defenders down before unleashing Andreu and the Duck

Nick

Administrator
The guest ales and speciality drinks are a little difficult actually. Apologies, I should have mentioned that.

Everything is really good overall, but last week I really wanted a St.Stefanus beer and I had to go to the bar. 99% of the time it is great though!

Can you buy a Wray and Nephew and get the barman to tell your mate it's just flavoured Vodka when they bring it over?

giphy.gif

Esoterica

I didn't realise Russell Slade was caretaker Sheffield United manager when they knocked us out the FA Cup quarter finals in 97/98 :punch:

covcity4life

I didn't realise Russell Slade was caretaker Sheffield United manager when they knocked us out the FA Cup quarter finals in 97/98 :punch:
neither did it. didnt that game cost us a televised quarter final(or semi final i guess if you say that was the QF) with manchester united?

covcity4life

he wasnt great from what little i saw. might be a finisher but cant see him torubling our cbs strength wise

however robins says they have pace and height so i am now scared

draw will be a good point

Nick

Administrator
he wasnt great from what little i saw. might be a finisher but cant see him torubling our cbs strength wise

however robins says they have pace and height so i am now scared

draw will be a good point

Read it, he is injured and not there ;)

Their's is Scott Vernon.

Users who are viewing this thread