Match Thread Grimsby Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 12th Aug (1 Viewer)

Otis

Everyone when Slade was here: Slade is an awful manager, the worst ever!
Everyone now: I predict a draw, it will be a hard game!

FFS make your minds up... I for one think we will spank the clown in the cap. 3-1.

Well said that man.

With the squad we have and the manager we have at the helm we need fear no one and I will be confident of our being able to get 3 points whoever we face home or away.

We either have a good team or we don't. Every game has got the potential to be tough in this league surely, but if we do what we should be able to do with the players we have got we should be fine.

Still only two games in, but O'Brien has impressed me greatly, Doyle and Kelly have impressed me greatly, McDonald too obviously and so too Nazan.

We then all pretty much rate Stokes don't we and are expecting good things from Vincenti, Andreu and McNulty.

I am confident we can get a positive result up there.

shmmeee

Well said that man.

With the squad we have and the manager we have at the helm we need fear no one and I will be confident of our being able to get 3 points whoever we face home or away.

We either have a good team or we don't. Every game has got the potential to be tough in this league surely, but if we do what we should be able to do with the players we have got we should be fine.

Still only two games in, but O'Brien has impressed me greatly, Doyle and Kelly have impressed me greatly, McDonald too obviously and so too Nazan.

We then all pretty much rate Stokes don't we and are expecting good things from Vincenti, Andreu and McNulty.

So basically you don’t like Hyam or Grimmer? ;)

st john

Well said that man.

Yes, we won't win every game obviously, but I believe we should be capeable of beating anyone in this league home or away.

Irish Sky Blue

Well said that man.

Jones too?

oucho

If we are to get out of this league (in an upwards direction!) this is just the sort of game we need to win. Middling opposition, we're on a roll after our own win on Sat, Saturday game in warmish weather in front of 1300 of our own. We'll need to win a handful such games if we're to be in contention at the end of the season.

Come on you Sky Blues!!!

Brylowes

Well said that man.

Totally agree, very confident of three points tomorrow, I'm going for 2-1
Nazan and another from last weeks hat trick hero that you don't rate:emoji_smirk:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Tomorrow's the day we can finally take revenge on the Sap in the Cap, for the embarrasing, hopeless and pathetic few months that he dragged us through. The man should be banned from football management.

As soon as we appointed Slade, we cemented our 2nd relegation in 6 years. Nothing would give me greater joy (short-term-football-wise) than handing Slade the spanking he deserves tomorrow and sending him well on his way to another sacking...I'm sure there would be a queue around the block of city fans that's would love to hand deliver another p45 to the cheap B&B Slade's staying in!

mds

Im hoping the visiting fans see something special and come away thinking yep this is our year.
Other than that a points a result, city win by 2!

steve82

Buzzing for our first away game, suns out and Mr Blue sky is in its glory.

How we fixed for inflatables?
Ive lost my dolphin!

CovisGod

Went with a mate to see Grimsby play Boston (his team) Pre-Season and Boston won 3-1, Grimsby looked atrocious (not that Pre-Season means anything)

What are the chances Andreu will go straight into the starting lineup ?

Otis

Went with a mate to see Grimsby play Boston (his team) Pre-Season and Boston won 3-1, Grimsby looked atrocious (not that Pre-Season means anything)

Guess it all depends if he's fully match fit. If so, he'll be straight in surely.

Who in their right mind wouldn't play Cesc Fabregas in a League Two game?

mark82

Will say it in here too, if anyone has a spare ticket please PM me. Will definitely take it (unless I have multiple offers of course)

Harry_Haddock

That was our Youth Team. There won't be one player who played that day in today's team.

As for the decision to stop tickets sales, absolutely ludicrous and I feel sorry for your fans who didn't get a ticket. Just makes it more liable for trouble though if your fans are in the home end. Having said that I'm fairly sure that if anyone turns up without a ticket they'll be allowed to pay on the gate. Has happened to us a couple of times last season when it was advertised all ticket with no tickets being sold on the day, only for them to announce about an hour before kick off, when it's too late to get there, that they're allowing potg.

Good luck for the season, after today obviously.

SIR ERNIE

I see Grimsby being one of the top six D2 sides this season.
It'll be a tough game and a point would be a good result.
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread