Guess The Crowd v Notts County (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Thought it was higher myself. Compare that to the last game and we're saying there was nearly a thousand less of our fans there?

Evo1883

to put it into context

Bradford city home leg in 2013

Pompey home leg against Plymouth in 2016 17600 but Plymouth had more fans than county had at our place tonight at 3100

Good turnout

pusbccfc

Watching the highlights and you can clearly tell it's only around 17,000.

We seriously need to move the TV cameras around.

Evo1883

We could also be realistic and understand that crowds reflect the division .

So we got 17400 tonight
If it was a league 1 playoff you would imagine around 22/24000
And a championship playoff around 30/32000.

I still think for the level we are at and the current attitude towards the club and it’s owners the attendance tonight was more than respectable.

There will however be a full allocation filled at Wembley should we get there

pusbccfc

We could also be realistic and understand that crowds reflect the division .

So we got 17400 tonight
If it was a league 1 playoff you would imagine around 22/24000
And a championship playoff around 30/32000.

I still think for the level we are at and the current attitude towards the club and it’s owners the attendance tonight was more than respectable.

There will however be a full allocation filled at Wembley should we get there

Will it? 30,000 were missing from Wembley tonight despite being a bigger game.

pusbccfc

I agree it’s a bigger game , but of the 40,000 plus at Wembley , how many would normally attend a Coventry match

You would hope they would turn up for a play off final.

With a week to sell the tickets, just a year on from our last visit, we won't take anywhere near the 45,000 of last season.

Evo1883

You would hope they would turn up for a play off final.

With a week to sell the tickets, just a year on from our last visit, we won't take anywhere near the 45,000 of last season.

I agree , but we won’t be allocated anywhere near 43000.
I don’t think we will be offered much more than 35000.. I think we will take that

Sky Blue Harry H

Makes you wonder if they haven't counted the cash turnstiles so the don't have share those sales with EFL and the other clubs. Even if it's only 1000 tickets that's the difference between the club making about £3000 and £20000

This had crossed my mind!

Ricketts

Whatever the crowd, it was a really good atmosphere. Thr fact that Notts County couldnt sell all their allocation shows that they probably are at a similar level support wise as Crawley and Forest Green (just in case we have any County fans lurking!)

Perhaps we ought to block the first three rows off every time, and replace them with black sheeting.

It gives the players in blue a better chance of seeing each other.

Terry Gibson's perm

I hope that the club have held the cash sales back and I thought it looked a bit more than the crowd given and I am sure Robins said in his interview a crowd of over 20k, why should we share the money with the other clubs it is a ludicrous ruling

Irish Sky Blue

It’s the comparison with the Morecambe gate that would make me question last nights attendance figure. For it to be correct there would have to have been more home fans in the crowd last week than last night yet both sides of the ground were definitely more crowded last night. Even allowing for the first three rows being out of operation, it does not seem to add up.

rob9872

My best guess is our main stand corner to corner 11000 and the other 3 sides approx 7000 each. The main stand full bar 1000 covered on front 3 rows so 10k.3k away, 2k in the telegraph and thats 15k. Now I was in the posh side last night and difficult to tell how full but felt quite full not sure what it looked like across the park but I'd certainly say more than 2k so 17k seems under on attendance.

SlowerThanPlatt

The crowd looked about right to me. I think it just looks/seems like more when we get a bigger attendance than usual

Same happens when we get low attendances, as the grounds big with so many empty seats it never looks like 8,000

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If it had been announced that the attendance last night was around 19,000 I wouldn't have been surprised, but having looked at last night's gate compared to Morecambe it just doesn't add up.

Morecambe 15900 (almost)
Notts County 17400 ( very almost)
Difference 1500

Last night there were around 2700 notts fans. That's about 1900 more than Morecambe brought.
That means if there were exactly the same number of Coventry fans last night as there were against Morecambe the gate last night should have been around 1900 more than at Morecambe, but it wasnt. For this to work out there would have to less city fans last night than the previous game. I don't think so.

pusbccfc

If it had been announced that the attendance last night was around 19,000 I wouldn't have been surprised, but having looked at last night's gate compared to Morecambe it just doesn't add up.

Morecambe 15900 (almost)
Notts County 17400 ( very almost)
Difference 1500

Last night there were around 2700 notts fans. That's about 1900 more than Morecambe brought.
That means if there were exactly the same number of Coventry fans last night as there were against Morecambe the gate last night should have been around 1900 more than at Morecambe, but it wasnt. For this to work out there would have to less city fans last night than the previous game. I don't think so.

The front three rows were blocked off? Top tier was empty unlike last week.

Terry Gibson's perm

Let the rest of the clubs have their 12.5% of that for once I hope they did fudge the figures, maybe the person doing the sums is the same person who does wasps accounts

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The front three rows were blocked off? Top tier was empty unlike last week.
Granted but that would only be significant if we would have usually filled those seats anyway.
The bottom line is this :
Notts county fans 1900 more than Morecambe but last night's attendance only about 1600 more than last home game so home fans down 300. That's wrong.

wingy

Granted but that would only be significant if we would have usually filled those seats anyway.
The bottom line is this :
Notts county fans 1900 more than Morecambe but last night's attendance only about 1600 more than last home game so home fans down 300. That's wrong.
Only 10K empty seats at tops for me.
Might be a handy win bonus scheme for the players If they get to the Towers.

Users who are viewing this thread