Gyokeres Deal Details (1 Viewer)

Greggs

tbf we didn't when he was on loan!
Tbf, even though it was a good move for him/us, the standard is wank. I think he needs to prove himself in Italy,
Spain or Germany before he can be ranked in the top tier of current forwards.

NorthernWisdom

Tbf, even though it was a good move for him/us, the standard is wank. I think he needs to prove himself in Italy,
Standard's not great, but he's done it against the other top sides, Europe, and scored a terrific goal vs Belgium.

There's enough there that he deserves a go somewhere major, for sure.

Skyblue Bangkok

Just helped set up goal no 2 for Sporting .

It may not be the highest standard but Sporting , Benfica and Porto have a habit of buying players with potential at cheap prices and then making a huge profit. Look at Fernandez at Chelsea.

rexo87

His performance tonight against one of the best sides in the league was a joke. Before anyone bangs on about standard Porto are in champions league last 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

To the extent he's achieved? It was more he's got something, he should be signed permanently rather than he's worth £30mil all day long
I think you have a good point there. This is pretty much what I thought in April 2021
Personally I think Gyokeres could score a lot next season if he stays at the club (on loan or permanently) but I’m not sure he’ll be worth the risk of a lot of money

Brighton Sky Blue

He was still missing some better finishing last season. Not the case now, he’s the complete package and just fantastic to watch.

Ashdown

Fantastic footballer all round, he’s the sort of player you pay your money to watch and can turn a game round in a few seconds.

Nuskyblue

After watching the highlights my big takeaway other than Vic being top notch is that VAR is also a farce in Portugal. What a bag of shite.

slowpoke

This illustrates what a brilliant deal Doug King did re. Gyokeres, obviously there was no way he staying and at the time King stood firm and got a £23 million deal, plus extra should he move on that could be around 15% of £70/80 million.
The Vik money has financed what’s turning out to be quality additions and there’s a bit left plus some Hamer money.
Well done Mr. King.

Londonccfcfan

I really hope he goes for big money. But that said the Portuguese top division is fairly crud. Bottom 5-6 prem and top 7-8 championship standard. If he goes to a top 6 Prem club he’ll be a squad “filler”.
Darwin Nunez although a couple of years younger bought for similar fee by benfica 24m Euros..was top goal scorer few years ago in that league.

That's the high end I suppose vik will go for..around £60/70M.

100m is way off the mark for that league.

Sbarcher

Any idea what the sell on clause reduction from 15 to 10% included? Just wondering how close we are getting to any payback.

MalcSB

Darwin Nunez although a couple of years younger bought for similar fee by benfica 24m Euros..was top goal scorer few years ago in that league.

100m euros is supposedly the release fee, which is £87m

shmmeee

£86m is his release clause so no one is going to pay £100m

steve cooper

Any idea what the sell on clause reduction from 15 to 10% included? Just wondering how close we are getting to any payback.
I don't believe it is a reduction, It's reported we will be due 1M Euros if he reaches 25 goals this season . See post 227 in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread