Gyokeres to West ham? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Think it would be a good fit. But it's one of plenty of suitors tbf. 20m rumoured. Hope we get promoted and keep him.

PVA

Who wants a fight

WradX.gif

Travs

He's not ready yet (in my opinion) for anything better than a West Ham/Wolves level side.

And i think it would be a bit of a waste for him to go to somewhere like those (aside from the obvious increase in wages).

Footballing wise, i think he's better developing his reputation at us for another year or two, then making a bigger jump if he improves.

But i doubt that'll happen.... he might only get the one chance to jump to Premier level, so i expect he'll take it if we don't go up.

Sky Blue Pete

He's not ready yet (in my opinion) for anything better than a West Ham/Wolves level side.

And i think it would be a bit of a waste for him to go to somewhere like those (aside from the obvious increase in wages).

Footballing wise, i think he's better developing his reputation at us for another year or two, then making a bigger jump if he improves.

But i doubt that'll happen.... he might only get the one chance to jump to Premier level, so i expect he'll take it if we don't go up.
Yeah

Happy_Martian

He is unproven at Prem league level - has he played in the premier league not sure

But he is now a proven goalscorer at International level. Is that better or worse than Prem level experience ?

torchomatic

Wilson and Maddison did it the right way, using their next club as a stepping stone to bigger things.

Personally, I don't think he's Premier quality yet as he misses a hell of a lot of chances, but whoever he signs for in the Premier will have much better players and that will raise his game.

Good luck to him.

harvey098

Wilson and Maddison did it the right way, using their next club as a stepping stone to bigger things.

Personally, I don't think he's Premier quality yet as he misses a hell of a lot of chances, but whoever he signs for in the Premier will have much better players and that will raise his game.

Good luck to him.
In fairness they were both a move to the championship before prem. He’s already just scored 20 in the champ.

I still don’t think he has the cleverest footballing brain or cleanest finishing but he has pace and power which counts for a lot. Will be interesting to see if that is still as effective in the prem where defenders are much stronger and quicker. Could well find his most effective attributes nullified in the prem.

Hamer’s game / attributes are more suited to immediately step up and slot right in imo.

Astute

There’s a load of sky blue tinted glasses when pushing out the Gyokeres career advice in here.

I’d love Gyokeres to stay but anyone saying he’s better staying here than going to Wolves or West Ham is just plain wrong.
If we go up he would be best off staying with us. He wants to show how good he is on the big stage. At least with us he knows everyone and is loved by the supporters. One of first names on the teamsheet.

Why would he want to leave for a club about the same level (depending on new players and who stays) and start all over again?

slowpoke

Keeps being linked with West Ham but I have serious doubts David Moyes will be their manager next season, but I suppose he could end up somewhere else in this weird PL set-up.
But whoever is interested must have very deep pockets.

Sky Blue Pete

Good luck to him.
All the best strikers score and miss a hatful

Sky Blue Pete

In fairness they were both a move to the championship before prem. He’s already just scored 20 in the champ.

I still don’t think he has the cleverest footballing brain or cleanest finishing but he has pace and power which counts for a lot. Will be interesting to see if that is still as effective in the prem where defenders are much stronger and quicker. Could well find his most effective attributes nullified in the prem.

Hamer’s game / attributes are more suited to immediately step up and slot right in imo.
Yep he’s done the steps with us rather than Norwich. As players progress it’s great if the club does so at the same time
I personally think he’s quite an honest kind of man and as he’s said he’ll stay if we go up I think he will sign a new deal
Last couple of weeks when results haven’t depended on him I think he’s seemed more part of the group
It’s one of the reasons I think we could do it. The togetherness is so so powerful

NorthernWisdom

I personally think he’s quite an honest kind of man and as he’s said he’ll stay if we go up I think he will sign a new deal
I still think he's developed enough he'll be off though - he's going to be so much in demand somebody will make an offer we can't realistically refuse. I take the missing chances, but I've never thought of him as a goalscorer really, the past couple of years have been a happy bonus! Plus you need to be there to have the chances in the first place to miss them, that's the start.

His strengths are his strength, his ability to pull wide and stretch, and take on defenders. He's been phenomenal for us, and part of the reason this season is because we've depended so heavily on him so he's had the chance to shine, but he also wouldn't have the same attention teams give him nowadays if he moved elsewhere. Last week he showed he can actually be a little less selfish if needed and he has the support, and put him in a top flight team he'd offer them something a little different, while also having better players around him to lift his game as well.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If we go up he would be best off staying with us. He wants to show how good he is on the big stage. At least with us he knows everyone and is loved by the supporters. One of first names on the teamsheet.

Why would he want to leave for a club about the same level (depending on new players and who stays) and start all over again?
If we go up, it’ll depend on the offered wages. We’d have to pay 50k plus if we go up. Then you’ve got the fact that he may be better off playing with better players. Currently we have Hamer, him, possibly O’Hare and Sheaf who have potential premier league ability.

if West Ham win the conference league they’ll be in the Europa league next year and will be offering far more than we will. The platform will be massive elsewhere.

we have a better chance of keeping him if we go up but to say he’s just better off at us isn’t that simple

torchomatic

DannyThomas_1981

Good points Harvey. Gyo's pace is actually under-rated in my view - he's rapid, strong and basically unplayable at Championship level. Interesting to see how this transfers to the Prem with the higher quality of defenders.

NorthernWisdom

The established clubs would be able to offer him a much bigger contract.
It's not just contract though is it, he's come on enough that it's the chance to play with better players. Think about when he was rumoured to be interesting Everton etc - people were saying he'd be stupid to go as he'd be straight back down to the Championship - well that'll happen if he stays with us!

And if he goes somewhere else and does poorly, we can always sign him back the year after...

its a buzzard

A large increase in salary.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread