Gyokeres (7 Viewers)

WestEndAgro

Rumours he's signed a pre agreement with Everton, and off in January.
We will know sone enough, don't shoot the messenger.

Tommo1993

As a finisher Marlon King was probably better. But with potential to grow and his ability to pick up the ball and batter defences, something King didn’t have, I’d rather have Vik.

The Philosopher

For some reason I thought that Hartson was technically a Ccfc player at the beginning of our non_prem era. He wasn’t, so Vic it is.

Kilclines curly mullet

What value would you put on him in a inflated January transfer market?
I don’t think at present there is an inflated market in the championship.

I think because he is Irreplaceable for us we would want as much as possible of course, but in my opinion he is worth £8-£10 million.

if he could score more goals (compared to the chances he misses) then maybe approaching £15 million.

stupot07

I don’t think at present there is an inflated market in the championship.

I think because he is Irreplaceable for us we would want as much as possible of course, but in my opinion he is worth £8-£10 million.

if he could score more goals (compared to the chances he misses) then maybe approaching £15 million.
If a Premier League team come in for him he could go for around £15m, he scored jusy shy of 20 goals last season, he on track to scored 15 this season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Kilclines curly mullet

If a Premier League team come in for him he could go for around £15m, he scored jusy shy of 20 goals last season, he on track to scored 15 this season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Both valid points

Without him in our team we would look at a relegation battle. With him we can aim for top half - that’s how important he is to us . I just hope Sisu or whoever our owner is in January realise this.

However, he is only worth what someone will pay.

If you are an Everton (as mentioned elsewhere) staring relegation in the face you may spend over the odds in the hope of securing survival.

Fergusons_Beard

Gyo is definitely up there with Leon Clarke, Callum Wilson, Adam Armstrong, Marlon King, David McGoldrick and Leon Best.

Needs to stay with us though to cement his legacy.

Therein lies the rub-looking at the above only really Leon Best stayed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

King and maybe McSheffrey are the only two i can think of at Championship level you could argue might be better. I think it was ESB above saying he was laughed at during the loan spell but i must say i didn't see the potential at that point myself....thankfully i am nowhere near the scouting team!

AFCCOVENTRY

This season is about him proving he’s a regular goal scorer and growing as a player in the Championship. Hopefully he stays till the end of the season, but I can’t see him being here next summer.

AFCCOVENTRY

Bilic basically admitting he battered them.

There's no way he stays behind Jan and if he goes this needs to be a huge fee

Anyone who wants him in Jan will either be bottom of the table Prem looking to beat relegation or top end Champ wanting to cement promotion. Either one will have to pay a premium in this scenario.

shmmeee

Got to be £10m minimum surely?

Fully expect him and O’Hare to go in Jan. Just hope we have some targets lined up and not all the money goes into the handbag fund.

Sky Blue Harry H

What I will say is....
a new 'hero' always comes along
McNulty was 'irreplaceable'
When Vik goes, we will have another centre forward ...Billy Mc Scruffy ....whoever, and we will have a new song for him.
The team changes, the fans remain.

pusbccfc

Gyo is definitely up there with Leon Clarke, Callum Wilson, Adam Armstrong, Marlon King, David McGoldrick and Leon Best.

Needs to stay with us though to cement his legacy.

Therein lies the rub-looking at the above only really Leon Best stayed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leon Clarke was unbelievable. He was better than Wilson that season. The range of goals he scored was a joy to watch.

Terry_dactyl

What I will say is....
a new 'hero' always comes along
McNulty was 'irreplaceable'
When Vik goes, we will have another centre forward ...Billy Mc Scruffy ....whoever, and we will have a new song for him.
The team changes, the fans remain.
Sounds like you’ve got some inside info? I’d love us to sign Billy McScruffy!

PVA

For someone who scores so many goals Gyokeres finishing isn't that great, and he is sometimes too greedy (though that is part of his game I guess.

But the rest of his game is unbelievable and he must be an absolute nightmare to play against. Once he gets running and gets that momentum he's almost impossible to stop

Clearly he won't be hear next season, let's just hope we keep him till the summer.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

We were asking for 25m in the summer and this season he has proved his quality even more 35m halfway through the season if teams want him that much they’ll pay up

CCFCSteve

For someone who scores so many goals Gyokeres finishing isn't that great, and he is sometimes too greedy (though that is part of his game I guess.

But the rest of his game is unbelievable and he must be an absolute nightmare to play against. Once he gets running and gets that momentum he's almost impossible to stop

Clearly he won't be hear next season, let's just hope we keep him till the summer.

I don’t mind the greediness, especially when he’s playing up on his own, a lot of other players don’t appear to want to have a dig. When he’s alongside Godden or Walker he’s maybe got to be a bit more aware though.

As you suggest, he makes a lot of the chances himself by being head down and driving at teams. Sometimes the freeze of action can be deceiving as well, the one first half yesterday everyone will look at Allen and say ‘he should be passing’ but live it unfolds he’s got three defenders around him and the pass isn’t as easy/clear. Same as one at the end of the Blackpool game with defenders on top of you it’s harder to always see/pass to team mates.

He does need to be a bit calmer on occasions but what an all round player. Let’s hope if he does end up leaving in the coming months we get a massive fee as he’ll be very hard to replace. In the meantime ‘We’ve got a big swede on our side….

Tommo1993

We shouldn’t be entertaining sub eight figures anyway. Improve the occasional tunnel vision and he could go for more. Could’ve set up Allen in first half yesterday.

larry_david

One of these games he's going to put every one away and get about 4. Even yesterday he created 3 for himself and was unlucky.

We do need another striker to help him out though. Maybe waghorn was that guy, playing himself back into form but he's out for 2 months now (a month of world Cup obv) and maybe it's walker, who desperately needs a goal.

slowpoke

Selling halfway through the season should be a big no, now if we get £15/20million and allowed the fat end of that for recruitment maybe, but we won’t be allowed a fraction of whatever we get and coincidently we have a transfer embargo over our heads , been there before with this lot.
As for Vik he needs to play not sit on his arse on a subs bench week in week out that’s what will happen at Everton who might yet be championship bound so stay here Vik tell Joy to do one and see what happens in the summer hopefully with a different owner.

Users who are viewing this thread