Gyokeres (5 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Really funny you should say that,; i saw that photo of the Luton defender with a handful of his shirt, about a foot away from Vik's body, thinking - one of those skin tight vests, greased up or whatever, and it'd cut out about 75% of the defensive tactics against him. Be horrible for Vik having to play in a top like that though. Maybe wire him up with a top that transmits electric shocks?!

The shirt pulling was becoming a joke by the end of the season, refs just ignoring it. I also thought he might be better off wearing a skintight/smaller shirt (like nfl shirts)

SBT

Says the price tag for him is €20million, so roughly £17m. Would take that.
The headline says €13m! (roughly £11.2 million)

We are very used to seeing Vik as a premium transfer target, but for big clubs outside England he is going to be seen as a value option - indeed, six months from now he’ll be available for nothing.

Happy_Martian

From that same newspaper

Gyökeres agent admits Sporting contact​

Ali Dursun spoke to our newspaper​

• Photo: Reuters

• The possible hiring of Viktor Gyökeres by Sporting is still in the exploratory contact phase but these have already taken place so, at this point, Sporting already knows what it needs to convince ..."

And the rest is hidden behind a "premium" paywall.

And a fun comment on the story by someone with Benfica in his username:

"They have good taste there, but when it comes to pulling out their wallets and doing the math, like good penniless viscounts with a mania for the rich, they have to turn their focus to the Gitane boutique in Cascais."

Winny the Bish

The headline says €13m! (roughly £11.2 million)

We are very used to seeing Vik as a premium transfer target, but for big clubs outside England he is going to be seen as a value option - indeed, six months from now he’ll be available for nothing.
Ah I was going off this tweet:

A Bola says €20m as well

MalcSB

That photo should be shown to the referees organisation asking if that is a foul or not. If so, why not given, if not - why not.

Hertsccfc

He can do much better than Sporting Lisbon.

They may well be interested but I don't see it happening.
They're a pretty big team, one of the three biggest in Portugal and usually get into European competitions.

Last edited:

Alkhen

This story stinks of an agent release. The kind of story designed to remind everyone that he can sign a pre contract with European teams in 6months so they best not mess them about once the bidding starts.

I've said it before but we really aren't in as strong of a position that some people seem to think we are. We can't piss about too much trying to play hard ball. When he goes it'll be for a big fee but his agent and him have a lot of clout still.

Last edited:

TomRad85

There a pretty big team, one of the three biggest in Portugal and usually get into European competitions.
Yeh agree, if he can get a mediocre or higher prem team he'll go there but if it ends up its only someone like Burnley who end up making a bid he'd definitely be better off at Sporting.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

The shirt pulling was becoming a joke by the end of the season, refs just ignoring it. I also thought he might be better off wearing a skintight/smaller shirt (like nfl shirts)

Even with the best ref we’d had all season nothing got done. And it’s as obvious as you like so much be being let go by refs intentionally. There’s no legitimate reason to pull a shirt so it should be a foul every time shouldn’t it?

Yorkshire SB

This story stinks of an agent release. The kind of story designed to reminds everyone that he can sign a pre contract with European teams in 6months so they best no mess them about once the bidding starts.

I've said it before but we really aren't in that of a strong position that some people seem to think we are. We can't piss about too much trying to to play hard ball. When he goes it'll be for a big fee but his agent and him have a lot of clout still.

Probably true, but if there’s 5+ clubs seriously in for him, then we can definitely afford to negotiate hard on price.

PVA

There a pretty big team, one of the three biggest in Portugal and usually get into European competitions.

Yeah they're in the Europa league.

I just think the Premier league would be more attractive to him (both financially and in terms of stature).

PVA

Probably true, but if there’s 5+ clubs seriously in for him, then we can definitely afford to negotiate hard on price.

This is the big difference compared to previous sales we've made.

I'm guessing Maddison had a few interested parties, but have we ever really had a proper bidding war on a player recently?

shmmeee

This is the big difference compared to previous sales we've made.

I'm guessing Maddison had a few interested parties, but have we ever really had a proper bidding war on a player recently?

I can’t remember one ever. Even Dublin someone just met the release clause didn’t they?

Grendel

I can’t remember one ever. Even Dublin someone just met the release clause didn’t they?

Maddisson was sold against his wishes as we needed the money to stave of embargo’s I think Wallace was chased by a couple of clubs.

shmmeee

Maddisson was sold against his wishes as we needed the money to stave off embargo’s I think Wallace was chased by a couple of clubs.

Yeah I can’t remember a single budding war for a city player in my lifetime.

steve cooper

You don't get a bidding war if you take the first offer that comes along, there must have been several clubs interested in Robbie Keane though, as we more than doubled our money in around 1 year

EalingSB

Think someone mentioned this on a thread before but we definitely have a better striker than Man United - Weghorst not as good as Vik despite that wonderful WC goal.

Fergusons_Beard

As he has one more year left CCFC are in charge not his agent.

He’s not going anywhere unless the club agrees a fee.

If several clubs match that fee then it’s up to Gyo and his agent where he goes.

That’s when the negotiations take place-sign in fee, wages etc

But cannot so that without club agreeing on a fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread