Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (4 Viewers)

long way home

He could be very special as im not sure he is anywhere close to using all his attributes to the maximum capacity. But if he sharpened up on his movement off the ball and his 1st touch gets better he wil be unplayable at times. Good player and still so much room to improve on, his stats will be very good by the end of this season. Constantly improving which is a very good sign

StrettoBoy

if he was bought for £7.7m how much is he worth now?

If he keeps playing and scoring as he is at the moment then I reckon he could be worth £10 million + by the summer. The only reason I do not put a higher figure forward is because, at the moment, no-one knows if he is up to Premiership standard. If he is able to prove that he is - hopefully with us - then he could easily be worth double that.

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

This is part of the point, he clearly makes very clean good contact with the ball but you still make the point of it potentially being a miss kick. Why not just take it for what it is, a clean well taken penalty instead of searching for a way to make it look poor and unintended.
Look at Gyokores's goals most were not struck cleanly! A goalkeeper is expecting a ball to fly in a direction that's predictable, any deviation and they struggle to stop it.

DrPoolittle

The welcome upturn in form for Wright suspiciously coincides with the return to the starting XI of a fit O’Hare.

The whole team has benefited from COH playing regularly and Wright is no exception.

Telfer85

I think Wright is going to be a fantastic player for us. A full summer with Robins and coaches working with him I think he will improve and is already improving.

As people have already pointed out his attacking movement is great especially when coming off the left. He has a knack of getting in the right place at the right time. He has pace and is a good finisher.

One area of the game he could work on is getting across defenders when crosses come in. He’s not alone in that as a team we don’t do that enough. We have players now that we really should be scoring a lot more set piece goals too. Hopefully with torps delivery we should start to see more.

JSL

He has also become something of a cult hero amongst the fans. He will only get better and is already doing well in his first season.

Astute

He has also become something of a cult hero amongst the fans. He will only get better and is already doing well in his first season.
The problem is he is becoming a hero to some and a target to others.

Look at the comments yesterday. He was supposed to be poor other than winning a penalty, scoring the penalty and then getting another goal 😄

standupforcity

He could be very special as im not sure he is anywhere close to using all his attributes to the maximum capacity. But if he sharpened up on his movement off the ball and his 1st touch gets better he wil be unplayable at times. Good player and still so much room to improve on, his stats will be very good by the end of this season. Constantly improving which is a very good sign
I said 20+ by end of season...seems to be heading that way :giggle:

Mucca Mad Boys

If he keeps playing and scoring as he is at the moment then I reckon he could be worth £10 million + by the summer. The only reason I do not put a higher figure forward is because, at the moment, no-one knows if he is up to Premiership standard. If he is able to prove that he is - hopefully with us - then he could easily be worth double that.
You wouldn’t sell him for anything less than £20m in today’s market. The championship is proving a reliable league in producing players capable of scoring in the Prem. Toney, Mitrovic, Watkins, Gyokeres and more have demonstrated this.

skyblu3sk

I agree. That and his long gangly legs and height.

The comparison with Peter Crouch that someone else made is a fair one. Because Crouch scored a lot with his head and looked ungainly a lot of people underestimated his ability on the ground and I think the same is true of Haji.

He has obviously adapted well to the Championship in his relatively short time with us and I believe that the best is yet to come.
I think I mentioned Crouch at one point 🤣🤣 not the nicest to watch but effective all the same!

SkyBlueMatt

I saw a stat on which I had to check. I'm not saying that Wright is the next Gyokeres but purely from returns. He is not doing too shabby.

Gyokeres - 218 MPG 21/22
Gyokeres - 198 MPG 22/23
Wright - 181 MPG 23/24

The types of goals are different but we were spoilt with Vik. Wright has a better team around him now so he doesn't need to do it all himself like Vik had to.

PVA

Yes Vik was a one man attack at times. He seems to be scoring very different goals at Sporting this year as they're presumably not set up to basically sit back and give him the ball like we were last season.

Imagine him with this version of O'Hare behind him, would amazing to watch at this level (not that I'm complaining about Wright).

SkyBlueMatt

Yes Vik was a one man attack at times. He seems to be scoring very different goals at Sporting this year as they're presumably not set up to basically sit back and give him the ball like we were last season.

Imagine him with this version of O'Hare behind him, would amazing to watch at this level (not that I'm complaining about Wright).

It would be special, just imagining him in this side.

Wright Gyokeres Saka

O'Hare

That's winning the league, no doubt.

Warwickhunt

i think we have bought a gem in TORP couple of years in the Championship/Premer League and the big boys will be knocking

JSL

Is there any chance Haji could play as well on the right as he does the left? If so, then Tats could get a rest and perhaps JDS on the left in with Bidwell at LB
My god. Look who seems to be on LW tonight. I hope my comment didn't get back to MR and he thought it a cracker

PVA

Thought he had a decent game tonight.

Looks really down in the dumps though generally. Wonder if there's something not right for him behind the scenes.

Yeah he looked pretty downtrodden when he went off (which is no bad thing I guess) and gave Robins a very perfunctory handshake.

Users who are viewing this thread