Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Think we've got two number 9s that want to be the man . As long as they play together and support each other when one is firing and the other isn't then we've got goals in the team

Been funny, all our goals seem to come from one or maybe two players at a time.

messiahrobins

We have two superb strikers. Wright has been excellent all season despite his critics moaning he isnt like Gyokeres was. He may lack that bulldog bully run through brick walls attitude Gyokeres had, but his actual stats are very comparable in terms of goals and assists per games played.
Simms took longer to get going, but its now becoming clear that he is a devastatingly good finisher if he is confident and has pace strength and makes good runs. Given he is 22 there clearly is alot of potential there, he may have a higher ceiling than Wright given their respective ages. there is the potential for a really top class partnership there.

ProfessorbyGrace

I must say, Wright’s assist for Simms’ third last night was excellent. Brilliant goal, incidentally.

Showed great awareness and trapped it/laid it off whilst using his size to keep the defender at bay. 👏

When these two click, they’ll really click.

Warwickhunt

Simms was wrestled on every opportunity Porteus had no intention of playing football! My only complaint that Porteus was not marked at their long thrown in.

napolimp

Am I missing something in regards to Wright?

Gyokeres (22/23) - 4000 minutes / 21 goals / 10 assists.

Wright (23/24) - 2100 minutes / 13 goals / 6 assists.

The second numbers are much better. Gyokeres is probably one of the best forwards ever seen at this club. I don't particularly remember Gyokeres offering anything more than Wright elsewhere on the pitch - such as in defence. Time to put the remaining ridiculous anti-Wright comments to bed now?

Evo1883

The second numbers are much better. Gyokeres is probably one of the best forwards ever seen at this club. I don't particularly remember Gyokeres offering anything more than Wright elsewhere on the pitch - such as in defence. Time to put the remaining ridiculous anti-Wright comments to bed now?
Gyokeres all round game is miles ahead of wright's .. but its great to see wright doing well in arguably a better team

Ccfcisparks

Gyokeres all round game is miles ahead of wright's .. but its great to see wright doing well in arguably a better team
Silly comparison isn’t it. Gyokeres is miles and miles a well rounded player than Wright. That’s not to say Wright has done very well this year. If we can get 20 goals out of him this year it’s a great return on investment.

napolimp

What do you reckon specifically? Because the numbers show Wright contributes more goals and assists per minute played. What areas do you think Gyokeres's overall game contributed more to the team - defensively? Could be argued Gyokeres would have contributed more than he did in this team, but we'll never know.

Evo1883

What do you reckon specifically? Because the numbers show Wright contributes more goals and assists per minute played. What areas do you think Gyokeres's overall game contributed more to the team - defensively? Could be argued Gyokeres would have contributed more than he did in the team, but we'll never know.

Taking on players , holding the ball up , bringing players into the game , creating space running the channels , stronger , faster , more skillfull . let's remember teams had to double up on him because they were terrified of him.

An absolute monster

napolimp

Taking on players , holding the ball up , bringing players into the game , creating space running the channels , stronger , faster .. let's remember teams had to double up on him because they were terrified of him

I think then the argument you're putting forward is that last seasons team was overall much weaker than this seasons, so Gyokeres needed to make that added contribution to score goals and create assists. But hard to say without Gyokeres having played in this team.

Evo1883

I think then the argument you're putting forward is that last seasons team was overall much weaker than this seasons, so Gyokeres needed to make that added contribution to score goals and create assists. But hard to say without Gyokeres having played in this team.

I think this team is better all round yes , gyokeres in this particular team , well that's just a frightening thought

Blind-Faith

Nail on the head, his all round game I think, is what needs the most work as this is what’s lacking and why he frustrates the hell out of me.

But you can’t argue with his goals/assists stats, as much as I want to 😂

napolimp

I think this team is better all round yes , gyokeres in this particular team , well that's just a frightening thought

Gyokeres loved pulling out wide to the left though, and driving in from there. May not have suited this system, and he did like to keep hold of the ball.

Evo1883

Gyokeres loved pulling out wide to the left though, and driving in from there. May not have suited this system, and he did like to keep hold of the ball.

We played the system today he played most of last season , he's also got 43 goal contributions this season in a 433 , I think he'd have been great in any system here , the best forward we've had since the Premier league IMHO

Ccfcisparks

For the majority of his time here he was a 1 team strike force. I can remember numerous times he carried the ball and made a goal for himself: Sunderland, Wigan, Millwall, Stoke.

HadjiChippo

It's a nonsense that praise for them recieves a but though for me?
The numbers comparison for me nicely illustrates that we’ve went from being a dangerous 2 man team, to just a dangerous team full stop.

I don’t think anyone thinks Haji and Simms will go on to be £100 million strikers like Gyo, but that they don’t need to be with a balanced squad behind them.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I mean I’m a fan of Wright, but Gyokeres contribution was purely because he occupied 3 players every game. If you watch our last 10 games last season he did that so well it completely freed up Hamer.

djr8369

Birmingham, who had a better window than us, are one point and place above the relegation zone. It’s almost like some posters on here who are full of themselves are dumb as shit…but it can’t be. Surely it’s reality that is wrong?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Gyokeres is light years ahead . That's no disrespect to Wright because Gyokores is better than any striker in this league.

Users who are viewing this thread