Hamer deal details (3 Viewers)

Domo

We are circa 20-25. I believe - Saddle will no doubt have more accurate confirmation.

Hamer is not coming back. Can't have another summer of this, was boring enough last year, and the sheaf saga is boring already this.
yeah, but what IF he comes back

Think About It GIF by Identity

shmmeee

I do wonder how much harder it is for Robins to build squad ethos like we did as you go up the pay scale. Managing someone on £100k a year in L1 must be fundamentally different to managing someone on £1m a year. And it must make it harder to find grounded players with a good personality.

Domo

Thanks for the reply...I do know he's keen on a return but clearly the wage will be a problem.
On the max wage front we have two players on £25k a week.
honestly, how keen could he be? he could prob get a move onto someone like fulham and prob increase his wages, for him a move back to cov would be a huge step backwards.

id love to believe the fairytale, but he'll do everything he can to stay in the prem.

Hobo

honestly, how keen could he be? he could prob get a move onto someone like fulham and prob increase his wages, for him a move back to cov would be a huge step backwards.

id love to believe the fairytale, but he'll do everything he can to stay in the prem.

West Ham changing manager? But I can see him going somewhere like Fulham or Crystal Palace.

shmmeee

You’d assume Simms and Wright wouldn’t you? Doubt you’d command as much coming from the NL, Belgium, or L1

Senior Vick from Alicante

I do wonder how much harder it is for Robins to build squad ethos like we did as you go up the pay scale. Managing someone on £100k a year in L1 must be fundamentally different to managing someone on £1m a year. And it must make it harder to find grounded players with a good personality.

That's where your scouting network comes in. We are not the type of club that brings in show pony's like Man Utd. We offer players a platform to shine and move up the ladder. We will always be a team where the club and collective comes before any single player and that's how it has to be. 11 100 grand a week individuals will struggle to beat a team who run through brick walls for each other. Crystal Palace proved that last night. An average Championship player with the right financial advice is set for life, some players still covet the thrill of the crowd and the chance to better themselves and they're the characters that your scouts need to identify that's why the Scandinavian market offers such value as well as possibly the Asian. The guys are all grounded.

shmmeee

That's where your scouting network comes in. We are not the type of club that brings in show pony's like Man Utd. We offer players a platform to shine and move up the ladder. We will always be a team where the club and collective comes before any single player and that's how it has to be. 11 100 grand a week individuals will struggle to beat a team who run through brick walls for each other. Crystal Palace proved that last night. An average Championship player with the right financial advice is set for life, some players still covet the thrill of the crowd and the chance to better themselves and they're the characters that your scouts need to identify that's why the Scandinavian market offers such value as well as possibly the Asian. The guys are all grounded.

Yeah I think you’re right. And agree on those nationalities. Just remember saddle saying at the start of the season that some of the players who were here were trying to get the new guys more involved socially and I wonder if there’s a lifestyle disconnect that happens when you’ve got such a jump in earnings. Also you’re just naturally more international and less grounded in a place with that amount of cash I’d guess.

Saddlebrains

Its deffo harder and the squad isnt as tight knit as the L2 L1 and early championship days

But i suppose thats to be expected

Viktor17

What’s not being mentioned is not the wage issue - it’s the fact we’re not going to pay 15m
I guess what some are hanging onto is the fact SU likely haven't paid fully for GH - so wether there's a cut your losses type deal in offering.

Lets just not have more weeks of this, hope he moves and gives us another couple of million for our pot to continue rebuilding.

TomRad85

Wolves are very keen on Gus, and he them by all accounts

Will match Sheff Utds asking price of 20 million also (15 reported by Nixon is bull)
15 did sound odd when that's what they bought him for and he was actually pretty decent in the Prem. An extra 2 mil will be nice and I get the feeling Sheffield Utd won't be spending too much of the other 18 million so won't worry about that.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Fair few derogatory posts about him on this forum earlier in the season but he's probably been their best player and deserves to stay in the PL.
The lowest of low bars but yes I think he deserves another crack with a better team. He stood out as much as you could playing in that team.

Domo

I’ve heard we are owed 8.9 million by Shitfield utd and Gus has a buy out clause 6.9 million . Also hates being up there . I still believe he might , just might come back .. here’s wishing 🤔
i think he'll come back one day, when hes 33, and only got 1 knee.

same with maddison, i can see him coming back when hes 35

PVA

The lowest of low bars but yes I think he deserves another crack with a better team. He stood out as much as you could playing in that team.

Being the best player in a god awful team is definitely a low bar agreed. But statistically he actually ranks pretty well in the PL in a number of categories which considering how bad Sheff U are is quite impressive.

robbiethemole

£112 million for finishing bottom, before any parachute payments kick in, surely they can afford to pay off any balance they owe us?

Manchester_sky_blue

Of course he will. Any team in the bottom half and all the promoted teams will be looking at him. He's always said he wants a move to Feyenoord eventually and that could be equally likely

torchomatic

i think he'll come back one day, when hes 33, and only got 1 knee.

same with maddison, i can see him coming back when hes 35
Along with Callum Wilson, who actually did say he would return one day.

Users who are viewing this thread