Hamer (14 Viewers)

DrPoolittle

There’s obviously an agenda but there are concerns which can be sensibly expressed

The corporate pricing “strategy” was a debacle and shows some naivety at best. It’s clear he had no-one lined up so must have hoped existing customers or the waiting list would renew - it was badly managed

He’s not a big businessman. His company is modest and I doubt requires much customer relations management

So there clearly are issues ahead and the nagging question is why is he here

Agree, he has a lot to learn about engagement and communication. Kings decision to sound off in the media about Gyokeres was a poor decision. It caused unnecessary tension between both camps and Gyokeres and his agent retaliated by threatening to stay and leave for free. City need that money and everyone knows it

DrPoolittle

Yeah, I do have concerns about his style / naivety (my phone wants naturists!) / business sense. He got off very easily saying when he came in he hadn't really thought about the ground and that was madness as we needed some kind of plan. We don't know, but the need to squeeze from ticket sales could be magnified by that.

It's also clear he has alienated a number of staff. Fair? You'll always alienate some. At the same time, go too far and you can cause a crisis. I've worked places where the ghosts of previous management stalk the corridors long after they've left(!)

As for Hamer? At the end of the season before least the highest wage earner was Waghorn on close to £12k. £20k is a big jump from that, so it's maybe unsurprising it becomes a challenge for the club, especially as his current contract was mooted as unsustainable when signed.

To counter that, he has given the manager and assistant new contracts, and is sorting the training ground. He's interesting in the foundations, and a base that hasn't been touched for ages. He also stopped sales in January and allowed players to come in that drove us towards the playoffs

If transfer fees go on new players and running the club I'm happy. If they go on interest payments less so. It's early days and we have to see how it pans out, peaks and troughs, to get a bigger picture... and that won't be clear for a while.

Agree with that. City can’t and shouldnt pay 20k wages. That’s a million a year.

skyblu3sk

Agree, he has a lot to learn about engagement and communication. Kings decision to sound off in the media about Gyokeres was a poor decision. It caused unnecessary tension between both camps and Gyokeres and his agent retaliated by threatening to stay and leave for free. City need that money and everyone knows it
I'll be honest I thought he played it spot on letting people know he wasn't going to bend over for them.

CCFCSteve

Hamer 80% complete. Wages agreed. waiting on formality’s of bonuses and release clauses

This would be great. Good old king 😊Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a set number inserted so he can leave next summer if we don’t get promoted (hopefully around 15m which is fair on both sides)

Deity

King didn’t sound off. He answered a question put to him, a question that had only arisen because Vik and his agent had both spoken to the media about their frustrations and with implied threats.

The higher up the leagues you go the more this takes place ….. this sort of nonsense happens a lot in the premier league ….

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Yeah, I do have concerns about his style / naivety (my phone wants naturists!) / business sense. He got off very easily saying when he came in he hadn't really thought about the ground and that was madness as we needed some kind of plan. We don't know, but the need to squeeze from ticket sales could be magnified by that.

It's also clear he has alienated a number of staff. Fair? You'll always alienate some. At the same time, go too far and you can cause a crisis. I've worked places where the ghosts of previous management stalk the corridors long after they've left(!)

As for Hamer? At the end of the season before least the highest wage earner was Waghorn on close to £12k. £20k is a big jump from that, so it's maybe unsurprising it becomes a challenge for the club, especially as his current contract was mooted as unsustainable when signed.

To counter that, he has given the manager and assistant new contracts, and is sorting the training ground. He's interesting in the foundations, and a base that hasn't been touched for ages. He also stopped sales in January and allowed players to come in that drove us towards the playoffs

If transfer fees go on new players and running the club I'm happy. If they go on interest payments less so. It's early days and we have to see how it pans out, peaks and troughs, to get a bigger picture... and that won't be clear for a while.

Maybe they feel alienated 'cos they didn't get cufflinks...

Gynnsthetonic

There’s obviously an agenda but there are concerns which can be sensibly expressed

The corporate pricing “strategy” was a debacle and shows some naivety at best. It’s clear he had no-one lined up so must have hoped existing customers or the waiting list would renew - it was badly managed

He’s not a big businessman. His company is modest and I doubt requires much customer relations management

So there clearly are issues ahead and the nagging question is why is he here
I've heard people say he hasn't paid SISU a penny yet and others have said it's a tidying up exercise to sell at a profit, might be some truth in it somewhere.

GIMOC

Can confirm this is why there’s mass resignations - Boddy got wind of it and bought a new suit and shirt for the occasion.

was fuming when he didn’t get a set

you’re not far off in a way. players were unhappy. none received a bonus for making the playoffs (wasn’t in the contract so unsure what they were expecting tbh) but they told Boddy as a group they thought they deserved something other than cufflinks. Boddy relayed that back to king and was told no bonus would be given.

Ccfcisparks

you’re not far off in a way. players were unhappy. none received a bonus for making the playoffs (wasn’t in the contract so unsure what they were expecting tbh) but they told Boddy as a group they thought they deserved something other than cufflinks. Boddy relayed that back to king and was told no bonus would be given.
Well rightly so… I agree with King on that.

SHUNT31

To be fair, it’s their job to win football matches. They didn’t win the playoffs so not sure why they should expect a bonus. If we had of gone up then fair enough, but we didn’t.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

😂😂😂 I’m not having that - I thought our new wage structure was heavily based on performances?

fisher overhauled the whole thing back before we got relegated to league two didn’t he?

AFCCOVENTRY

If players don’t have it in their contract then they can’t demand a bonus for making the playoff. The prize was to win the game at Wembley and get to the Premiership for financial reward.

I am with King on this one.

GIMOC

😂😂😂 I’m not having that - I thought our new wage structure was heavily based on performances?

fisher overhauled the whole thing back before we got relegated to league two didn’t he?

the players were all taking the piss out of the cufflinks. they expected a bonus of reaching the final. they didn’t receive anything. obviously on a win bonus but doubt reaching a playoff final would be part of any wage deal.

mr_monkey

What a load of horsecrap, stick to your chemtrails and flat earth mate even that is more believable

Users who are viewing this thread