Hamer (6 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Be Kind Illustration GIF by giphystudios2021

DrPoolittle

King didn’t sound off. He answered a question put to him, a question that had only arisen because Vik and his agent had both spoken to the media about their frustrations and with implied threats.

The higher up the leagues you go the more this takes place ….. this sort of nonsense happens a lot in the premier league ….
Making a remark like that, which has consequences, is "sounding off". And just because someone else (Gyokeres) had spoken to the media, there is no need to retaliate in a playground manner.
There are plenty of phrases to side-step questions, which any media/communications advisor would recommend, such as:
"The club is aware of media reporting but nothing has been decided yet."
"I am aware of comments made in the press but the club will continue to keep negotiations private for the time being"

etc etc

Poor decision by King, which has backfired on him, to an extent

Robinshio

I dont think footballers are allowed to be paid non contractual bonuses for individual achievement - and i think Club bonuses need to be agreed up front

CCFCSteve

you’re not far off in a way. players were unhappy. none received a bonus for making the playoffs (wasn’t in the contract so unsure what they were expecting tbh) but they told Boddy as a group they thought they deserved something other than cufflinks. Boddy relayed that back to king and was told no bonus would be given.

Id have told them the extra cash is going towards Hamers new deal 😊 and better training facilities. The club loses millions FFS. They all had the opportunity to put themselves in the shop window and/or get promoted when, if their agents were doing their job, they’d have got a massive uplift in salary and/or bonus. It’s hardly as if the club earned loads from the play off run…a lot of what they did was from what we all paid…and I’d imagine a lot of that people would’ve had to stick on credit cards etc

I’m usually on the players side but not on this as it’s a contractual matter. I presume hamers new deal, if he signs one, will include a play off bonus !

djr8369

Id have told them the extra cash is going towards Hamers new deal 😊 and better training facilities. The club loses millions FFS. They all had the opportunity to put themselves in the shop window and/or get promoted when, if their agents were doing their job, they’d have got a massive uplift in salary and/or bonus. It’s hardly as if the club earned loads from the play off run…a lot of what they did was from what we all paid…and I’d imagine a lot of that people would’ve had to stick on credit cards etc

I’m usually on the players side but not on this as it’s a contractual matter. I presume hamers new deal, if he signs one, will include a play off bonus !
It’s probably bollocks anyway

Great_Expectations

Hamer 80% complete. Wages agreed. waiting on formality’s of bonuses and release clauses

I love this - for the obvious reason.

But also because we’ve just had how many pages of twists and turns, overreactions, conspiracy theories and numerous rabbit holes.

And after all that’s, it’s all going to be fine.

Top SBT thread.

fernandopartridge

you’re not far off in a way. players were unhappy. none received a bonus for making the playoffs (wasn’t in the contract so unsure what they were expecting tbh) but they told Boddy as a group they thought they deserved something other than cufflinks. Boddy relayed that back to king and was told no bonus would be given.

And to be brutally honest that's correct from King

San Francisco

If true then it’s peak entitlement and quite despicable really. Most of them get more in a month than most Coventrians earn in a year and they expect a bonus for losing?

Speedie's Head

I don't think it's reasonable to equate footballers' pay/bonuses with the rest of us. It is what it is whether we like it or not. What do we do pass a law that football is only ever to be shown on BBC/ITV?

Hutch11

Agree, he has a lot to learn about engagement and communication. Kings decision to sound off in the media about Gyokeres was a poor decision. It caused unnecessary tension between both camps and Gyokeres and his agent retaliated by threatening to stay and leave for free. City need that money and everyone knows it
Yeah and Vik needs to move on and everyone knows that too

Hutch11

Making a remark like that, which has consequences, is "sounding off". And just because someone else (Gyokeres) had spoken to the media, there is no need to retaliate in a playground manner.
There are plenty of phrases to side-step questions, which any media/communications advisor would recommend, such as:
"The club is aware of media reporting but nothing has been decided yet."
"I am aware of comments made in the press but the club will continue to keep negotiations private for the time being"

etc etc

Poor decision by King, which has backfired on him, to an extent
Explain how it has backfired please

NorthernWisdom

Are we saying that some ITKs aren't actually ITK?

Judging by some of the comments on Tuesday night, I was expecting to be sat here today, supporting a club without MR, AV, DB and TS amongst others, yet they're all still here?

Shock.
tbf (and maybe I'm just being contrary, but!) would it actually shock you if some back room staff left?

For that matter, a different owner and different way of working probably does cast a bit of doubt over Robins, depending on how it pans out. Of course if he loves it, he could end up in an even more secure position than he was before...

fatso

tbf (and maybe I'm just being contrary, but!) would it actually shock you if some back room staff left?

For that matter, a different owner and different way of working probably does cast a bit of doubt over Robins, depending on how it pans out. Of course if he loves it, he could end up in an even more secure position than he was before...
And why sign a 4 year contract if you can't work with the owner?

Surely they would have had discussions about the direction King wanted to take things before agreeing a long term contract.

Skyblueweeman

From what people say, the marketing dept maybe could do with fresh blood.

But MRs backroom staff seem settled and liked. They've been part of the journey upwards so honestly, I couldn't see any of them leaving (unless MR has had a falling out with any). I've dealt with some of the finance team at the club and they seem fine as well so couldn't see them leaving.

I guess I was referring to the state of play on here the other night when it seemed like there'd be a raft of departures yesterday.

And you say about a new owner casting some doubt of MR...he's been here for what, 8-9 months now. Relatively speaking new, but I'm sure DK and MR have an understanding by now and a way of working established.

Users who are viewing this thread