Harvey Weinstein / Sex Scandals (1 Viewer)

Otis

By that logic: Trump is a self confessed sex offender so is even more relevant.
Locker room doesn't count. What goes on in the locker room stays in the locker room.

Nick

Administrator
Edited the title to prevent having loads of different ones.

Kevin Spacey with a well timed announcement that he is gay. Sounds a bit dodgy "Sorry if I tried it on with a 14 year old boy, I can't remember it but if I did I was drunk".

Nick

Administrator
It seems to have worked though.

I haven't seen / heard much "Kevin Space tried it on with a 14 year old" it's all about him being gay.

Nick

Administrator
he's a good looking lad who acts in one of the countries top soaps, if he did this then why FFS?
He must have consenting women throwing themselves at him.

It's hard to say without knowing what happened.

To be charged with it as well, must mean there is something in it.

clint van damme

It's hard to say without knowing what happened.

To be charged with it as well, must mean there is something in it.

I mean you could apply what I said to so many celebrities. They must have ample opportunity to sleep with people, why do they have to commit assaults?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I really don't understand how people get a kick out of forcing themselves on women.

Half the buzz (for me at least) is having a woman actually like you and want you, then success of that. Buy her some flowers, don't drop your trousers in the corridor FFS.

I guess he did it so many times and got away with it that he just got bolder and bolder.

I'm glad a lot of people are now coming out, but should some of them have said something sooner? In some cases I would say yes. Of course many would have been very scared and it isn't their fault at all. That being said, I have no doubt that there were some who put their careers first. Rightly or wrongly.

Sick Boy

I really don't understand how people get a kick out of forcing themselves on women.

Half the buzz (for me at least) is having a woman actually like you and want you, then success of that. Buy her some flowers, don't drop your trousers in the corridor FFS.

I guess he did it so many times and got away with it that he just got bolder and bolder.

I'm glad a lot of people are now coming out, but should some of them have said something sooner? In some cases I would say yes. Of course many would have been very scared and it isn't their fault at all. That being said, I have no doubt that there were some who put their careers first. Rightly or wrongly.

Agree but am not sure you can really say how a victim of sexual assault should behave, I guess it affects people in different ways and they probably feel scared/shame.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Agree but am not sure you can really say how a victim of sexual assault should behave, I guess it affects people in different ways and they probably feel scared/shame.

Sure. I was trying to find way to word it really. I'm absolutely not saying it's their fault. I just think with the sheer volume of cases that are coming to light, that it's staggering almost no one said anything.

Would I take a slap on the ass if it meant my acting career would continue, or even improve? Probably yes... Therefore I'm not judging that side of it either. I think for that statement I just made alone is probably a reason why so many people were offending. They knew their victims were in no position to bargain, and if they did, they would ruin them. Fucking disgraceful really.

Sick Boy

Sure. I was trying to find way to word it really. I'm absolutely not saying it's their fault. I just think with the sheer volume of cases that are coming to light, that it's staggering almost no one said anything.

Would I take a slap on the ass if it meant my acting career would continue, or even improve? Probably yes... Therefore I'm not judging that side of it either. I think for that statement I just made alone is probably a reason why so many people were offending. They knew their victims were in no position to bargain, and if they did, they would ruin them. Fucking disgraceful really.

The sad thing is that it most probably goes on across the whole of society in all sectors.

ajsccfc

I don't think it's completely about harming a career but just the futility of speaking out in a lot of cases. If you're a drama student making an accusation against an established Hollywood star with access to the best lawyers money can buy, having truth on your side probably won't be much help.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The problem we might see now is that everything is deemed as sexual assault. Look at Adam Sandler on the Graham Norton show. Literally did nothing wrong...

Gazolba

It's a fine line isn't it. There will be people who milk it for all it's worth, blokes will end up scared to talk to women.
With all the 'diversity sensitivity' and 'sexual harassment' classes we've had at work, I pretty much keep to my desk and interact with other people as little as possible.
You can't say "Good Morning" these days without offending someone.
I would never dream of complimenting a woman by saying something like "I like your dress" or "Your new hairstyle looks great".
Now I just think compliments, but never express them.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
With all the 'diversity sensitivity' and 'sexual harassment' classes we've had at work, I pretty much keep to my desk and interact with other people as little as possible.
You can't say "Good Morning" these days without offending someone.
I would never dream of complimenting a woman by saying something like "I like your dress" or "Your new hairstyle looks great".
Now I just think compliments, but never express them.

I remember seeing a fireman walk into an office full of women...

Imagine a young 25 year old or so woman walking into a room with 50 year old blokes and the same happening?

Gazolba

I remember seeing a fireman walk into an office full of women...

Imagine a young 25 year old or so woman walking into a room with 50 year old blokes and the same happening?
I don't really get this post. But I once saw a cow in a field.

Liquid Gold

Kevin Spacey used to be artistic director of the old vic in London. My girlfriend at the time was a drama student at the local university and they had some sort of link up so they would occasionally get a few students to go for workshops there. She told me he'd often invite a guy to go for '1on1 acting sessions' and the guys would come back and say things got a bit sexual. Obviously because of that I've always thought he was gay and in to younger guys, coming on to a 14 year old is a bit fucking much though.

Grendel

Yeah, common knowledge I thought. Accepted years ago as such.

He was the product of a grotesquely dysfunctional family to be fair to him

Users who are viewing this thread