Harvey Weinstein / Sex Scandals (2 Viewers)

Grendel

if you think making comments, no matter how distasteful, is worse than sexual assault then you really need a good think about things.
I was disgusted with the tories cull the poor Whatsapp group but it's not in the same league as what's coming out of Westminster at the moment.

Putting your hand on Julia’s knee isn’t as bad as someone raping an activist and the Labour Party telling the victim to keep silent and frankly I believe the anti Semite behaviour that’s tolerated is far worse than putting a hand on a knee especially when said victim had no issue with it.

clint van damme

Putting your hand on Julia’s knee isn’t as bad as someone raping an activist and the Labour Party telling the victim to keep silent and frankly I believe the anti Semite behaviour that’s tolerated is far worse than putting a hand on a knee especially when said victim had no issue with it.

there's a whole dossier of accusations on tory MPs and there's the alleged rape and silencing of the Labour activist, this is going to be as bad as it gets.
And I can't believe you're naive enough to think that is the only revelation that is going to come out about Fallon, the man has a brass neck , look what came out about him during the expense scandal and he fronted it out, no way he's gone on the knee touching incident alone.

Grendel

clint van damme

Hold on - yesterday you were accusing me of trying to play party politics on this issue.

I'm not playing party politics, I'm discussing what we know so far, the tory dossier, Fallons resignation, the Labour rape allegation and cover up, Whips using allegations of sexual impropriety to keep MPs in line and May been passed information relating to the whole thing when she was Home Secretary .

I have no doubt this will be/is a cross party issue with plenty more to come out.

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
There will be thousands shitting themselves wondering did they put their hand on a leg or make a suggestive comment to a woman years ago.

Totally understand actual sexual assault but it's getting a bit silly now.

hqdefault.jpg

Nick

Administrator
I’m surprised the gypsy/traveller practice of ‘Grabbing’ hasn’t been brought into the conversation.

Freddy Eastwood reveals to the Daily Mail when he met his wife he bent her arm back until she kissed him.*

*I don't know if he did.

Captain Dart

LOL

stupot07

I’m surprised the gypsy/traveller practice of ‘Grabbing’ hasn’t been brought into the conversation.
Yeah saw that once on that Gyspy programme on Channel 4, couldn't believe it. Thats definitely sexual assault, but tbf they get a way with what ever they want.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
What's the deal with the "I have somewhere you can put your hands to warm them up". You will hear that stuff day in day out in offices from both men and women.

All that nonsense is taking away from actual sex assault victims.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Chris Evans is in the mix. Bastard, always hated the squeaky voiced tosser on Radio 2 . I hope he gets taken off the air but the BBC don't give a shit , after all it happened when he was at Channel 4 and that was over 20 years ago so it doesn't matter.

CCFCSteve

What's the deal with the "I have somewhere you can put your hands to warm them up". You will hear that stuff day in day out in offices from both men and women.

Bang on Nick. A majority of women I know are shocked by some of the 'issues' being raised and it detracts from the real 'assaults'

oakey

Bang on Nick. A majority of women I know are shocked by some of the 'issues' being raised and it detracts from the real 'assaults'
I think people are getting confused here. Of course some of these allegations are not as serious as others. Nobody should try to conflate them or compare them. Each has to be assessed on its own.
However, if these incidents take place in the workplace the perpetrators need to be subject to proper complaints and disciplinary procedures. If I said to a colleague, I know somewhere you can warm them, unless they were a trusted friend I would expect to be reported, warned and would be relieved to escape suspension.
This is not acceptable in a professional setting. He might think it funny but she might feel uncomfortable or worse.
Some women may not think them significant. Many others do. Some women are not bothered by 'boys will be boys' behaviour but many others realise it is a power game which objectifies and excludes them.

clint van damme

those trivialising men touching women, what would you do if a man you worked with touched you on the knee or rubbed your thigh or made sexually suggestive comments?

Grendel

To be honest I’m thinking of going to a police station this afternoon and telling them that in the 70’s as a young boy I can vividly recall being in Wolverhampton and an old man (officer in saw he had a moustache and a hat) and called Enoch touched my leg in an inappropriate way.

All normal policing will be suspended as swathes of officers start operation Enoch to establish if a long dead politician was a peaodophile. I am sure other witnesses and victims will soon come forward.

skybluejelly

my main argument with this line is.. surely its the woman with the dirty mind ..he obviously meant the radiator or under her armpits

Grendel

So now an MP kills himself over allegations that are not even known.

Otis

Can only imagine the amount of pressure that would put on someone, to have sexual abuse allegations made against you and I'm sure a lot of people would immediately have you down as guilty in the blink of an eye.

Otis

I just wonder whether it might be worth doing a thread on people who HAVEN'T been accused of any wrongdoing.

Could be a much shorter list.

chiefdave

Haven’t Louis CK and Segal both been accused in the past?

Louis CK’s manager handles a lot of big names in US comedy and it looks like he’s been very active in covering this up over the years, be interesting to see how his other clients respond.

Jeremy Piven posted this and he has a point. You can’t just assume every claim is valid.

Otis

Well yeah, my worry too. It does appear that Kevin Spacey is guilty, but he hasn't been found guilty of anything so far, but he is being cut from films and having shows axed.

There must be some innocent people who have been accused. This is trial and sentence without jury, so it is a bit worrying. Something like this could ruin your life completely.

I don't think we should rush to judgment and should do things properly.

Just imagine if this was you, yourself and you WERE innocent, but had been accused. A nightmare scenario.

Nick

Administrator
It will be used as a weapon or just to get at people they don't like. All it seems to take is a Facebook post, picked up by the media and bang somebody is a rapist.

What next, a celebrity tried it on with a woman in a nightclub in 1986 so they need to run to the press?

Again, unless it is criminal or commiting a crime it is mostly going to deflect from the actual sexual abuse.

R

RB1992

The Ed Westwick claims are interesting. The second allegation that has come out appears to have many inconsistencies which are easily disprovable.

Otis

It will be used as a weapon or just to get at people they don't like. All it seems to take is a Facebook post, picked up by the media and bang somebody is a rapist.

What next, a celebrity tried it on with a woman in a nightclub in 1986 so they need to run to the press?

Again, unless it is criminal or commiting a crime it is mostly going to deflect from the actual sexual abuse.
Just imagine being accused of being a paedophile, but you weren't. Could you ever recover from that? Once accused things often stick for a lifetime and there would always be pointing fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread