Helping out fellow fans (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Unbelievable support, in less than half a day we virtually have enough for an adult and u13 JSB if we can get one of the early bird prices.

Thank you all for the donations and keep spreading the word.

Limey

Would definitely like to see it go to single parent.
Could do with some publicity via twitter and Facebook etc. Maybe something the cov telegraph could actually pick up on.

BackRoomRummermill

If I may suggest a season ticket which can be used by any family deserving which can change every week . You could contact the club and various charities like kids cancer , autism and the like . It would be a spectacular thing to do and give a family a day out . It spreads the love and shows how superb the fans can be on this forum

Good idea MMJ let’s spread the love and word on a ticket .

Last edited:

Mild-Mannered Janitor

I like the charity idea, let’s see where it gets to over the ne t week or two, will try to see if we can get some players to retweet it out and will link in the club on that one.
We have enough already to do something special so thank you all.

better days

Donated
I'm happy for MMJ to decide who gets the ticket(s)
One or two contributors on this forum have mentioned recently that they were struggling financially when someone made a slightly thoughtless post about how a true fan would always find the money for a season ticket
IIRC one post said (s)he would love to come to the home games but had a young family so money was tight
What do people feel about asking the club to show a picture of the tickets being handed over to the deserving recipient(s) ?
It would make more people aware of it and is bound to bring in more donations

Nick

Administrator
Donated
I'm happy for MMJ to decide who gets the ticket(s)
One or two contributors on this forum have mentioned recently that they were struggling financially when someone made a slightly thoughtless post about how a true fan would always find the money for a season ticket
IIRC one post said (s)he would love to come to the home games but had a young family so money was tight
What do people feel about asking the club to show a picture of the tickets being handed over to the deserving recipient(s) ?
It would make more people aware of it and is bound to bring in more donations
The only thing with that is attracting people trying to blag it.

Ideally sbitc would be the best people to help, they work with so many people they can see who would really need it and love it.

bringbackrattles

Off thread a little but I mentioned on Twitter the other day do they still do those half England/Cov shirts ? They were popular few years back. Anyway a City fan said he's got one never worn and I can have it. My size too so picking it up Tuesday. Fellow fan helping out another supporter.

jordan210

Maybe we could have a fan swap shop kinda thing.

People can post items willing to sell cheap or free. As long as they go to a good home. Or monies to go to funding season tickets for less fortunate and so on.

Buyer only needs to pay postage kind of thing.

rob9872

Email and ask the club if they'll match it. Worst they can do is say no and good PR if they don't. It won' cost them anything as whoever is needy is likely to have not gone and will be a bum on a seat. Circumstances change and might even end up renewing or returning the favour. Good luck, great initiative.

mark82

If I may suggest a season ticket which can be used by any family deserving which can change every week . You could contact the club and various charities like kids cancer , autism and the like . It would be a spectacular thing to do and give a family a day out . It spreads the love and shows how superb the fans can be on this forum

Good idea MMJ let’s spread the love and word on a ticket .

I like this idea. Whatever is raised can be spent on season tickets and send someone different each week. Once the money has been raised maybe you should contact someone like Dave Boddy to see if the club can do anything to make it more special, such as upgrading it to hospitality or matching whatever is raised so it goes further.

scottccfc

its a shame that we don't do "cashless " any more then whoever gets the ticket for the game gets x amount on food ( maybe that's what the club can offer) if not is it worth contacting the catering company themselves too

christonabike

Ive added a few shillings. Hope it provides a little bit of light for someone who is having a rough patch.

Seamus1

Donated, I'm sorry it wasn't much.

Is there any chance that this thread can be pinned at the top? Maybe as the season goes on, people can give a little each month and then maybe match packages can be purchased through the money generated by this GoFundMe page after season ticket sales end?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Wow, you only went and did it.
You are all truly amazing, when I started out trying to find someone to help out, I never envisaged this, I thought it could flop and we wouldn't be able to help anyone out, how wrong am I and how great is everyone around this site, facebook, twitter et al who have helped.
From Saturday morning to midday Monday, we have enough to help out with 2 x Adult and a 2 x JSB membership/ST

I have messaged the club to see what they can do about early bird prices and whether they can stretch the pounds a little further. You can still donate, a pound, £5, anything go towards having others at the Ricoh who couldn't have been.

I will look to how we best do this now as before, it was just my money and helping out, with this, I will want to separate myself from choosing the right family/people/individuals to make sure you all see its fully above board and transparent.

You are all brilliant.
PUSB
MMJ

mark82

Wow, you only went and did it.
You are all truly amazing, when I started out trying to find someone to help out, I never envisaged this, I thought it could flop and we wouldn't be able to help anyone out, how wrong am I and how great is everyone around this site, facebook, twitter et al who have helped.
From Saturday morning to midday Monday, we have enough to help out with 2 x Adult and a 2 x JSB membership/ST

I have messaged the club to see what they can do about early bird prices and whether they can stretch the pounds a little further. You can still donate, a pound, £5, anything go towards having others at the Ricoh who couldn't have been.

I will look to how we best do this now as before, it was just my money and helping out, with this, I will want to separate myself from choosing the right family/people/individuals to make sure you all see its fully above board and transparent.

You are all brilliant.
PUSB
MMJ

Happy to put something together to decide on who gets it. Can maybe select a small group to decide from those on here. Up to you MMJ.

rob9872

So MMJ wants a free season ticket, gets his mate to post that he has donated one to him and his daughter, then everyone contributes to his gofundme page and he now has enough money for him, his mate and their two kids. He's now asking the club to match donations so that some of his other mates can go too!

Sent you a tenner just for your cheek ;)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

I have written to the club and with regards publicity, I want zero (if the wife found out what I did she would kill me, that is a money she would want to tap into) and I think if the club wants to run a story, it should be around the goodness of the fans, not the recipients as their circumstances are private and we want to just help them, it could prevent people coming forward if they think they have to share their situation widely.
I trust this group now and then the club around doing this right.

oldfiver

Now to be known as Thirty Old Fivers.
I’ll let myself out.

Come back you have only just been let back in :)
Shillings or pounds it does not matter - it really is the thought

For those that do not know how far back I go:

images

Jcap

Oh and like MMJ I don’t need any publicity. Just happy to help because I’m fortunate enough to be able to...

rob9872

£200 from singers_pore too. Well done guys, keep this going. £955 now! :)

Makes my tenner seem a bit cheapskate now but if you can add anything it soon accumulates as that's from total 25 donators. 219 users read this topic without guests if just half of you who read could manage the price of a pint it would significantly increase again.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Bit late to this party, but have just donated. When my boy was a mascot last season I'd emailed Shaun and Mark at the club to say I'd like to make a donation somehow as they don't charge for the mascot experience, but never got round to chasing it up. This cause seems perfect, nice one MMJ.

Specs WT-R75

Over £1k you beautiful people!

Since we are way over target, I have a suggestion - why not see if we can get the club to issue 23 pairs of tickets (1a+1c) instead of a 3rd season ticket and give some of them to the family zone to raffle off or give away as a prize for the highest score on the playstation before the game.. or whatever idea they could come up with.

Specs

Nick

Administrator
Over £1k you beautiful people!

Since we are way over target, I have a suggestion - why not see if we can get the club to issue 23 pairs of tickets (1a+1c) instead of a 3rd season ticket and give some of them to the family zone to raffle off or give away as a prize for the highest score on the playstation before the game.. or whatever idea they could come up with.

Specs

Not sure about the pairs of tickets as the thing with that is that most will go to games anyway if they are in the family zone. It could certainly go on prizes or just towards buying a new game for the kids to play.

AStonesThrow

Hi all,
I'm a regular onlooker here, I used to be fairly active with posts etc. I tried to get to as many games as I could last season with my five year old son, although towards the latter half, finances were dwindling and it became difficult, ending in disappointment for my son again with me not being able to afford Wembley for the second year running.
My relationship with my sons' mother has recently ended and am now living on my own, so obviously more outgoing from my own income (Not very high due to being a carer - low wages). Not only that, the time I get to spend with my kids is just so much more valuable, as it isn't as frequent.

Anyway I'm not here to beg, just wanted to flag up my interest in tickets or what have you, as I just know I'm going to struggle massively to get my son to matches this coming season.
Hope you're all doing well.

Dan

Specs WT-R75

Hi all,
I'm a regular onlooker here, I used to be fairly active with posts etc. I tried to get to as many games as I could last season with my five year old son, although towards the latter half, finances were dwindling and it became difficult, ending in disappointment for my son again with me not being able to afford Wembley for the second year running.
My relationship with my sons' mother has recently ended and am now living on my own, so obviously more outgoing from my own income (Not very high due to being a carer - low wages). Not only that, the time I get to spend with my kids is just so much more valuable, as it isn't as frequent.

Anyway I'm not here to beg, just wanted to flag up my interest in tickets or what have you, as I just know I'm going to struggle massively to get my son to matches this coming season.
Hope you're all doing well.

Dan

Gutted that your son has missed Wembley twice. Seriously if it happens again any time soon, speak up and I will chip in towards the costs, and I am sure based on this thread alone that others would as well. Just speaking up in this thread takes a lot of guts.

I don't know how they are going to decide who gets the tickets here (half decided by the forum, half decided by the club?), but I hope that your name is in the hat. If you don't get it then I'd love to buy your son a JSB membership then any time that you do go it will be free to take him along with you. Drop me a message once it has been decided.

PUSB
Specs/Ellis

Users who are viewing this thread