Home v Sunderland 12.30, Sky, £33 a ticket (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I know that Sunderland travel in big numbers, and we'll welcome the income, but the pricing for games that have been selected for Sky coverage need to be reviewed, as it must surely be a deterrent for pay on the day fans. Sorry if it's been done to death as a subject, but really think that's a bit steep.

ccfc1234

Prices already set before games allocated for TV coverage.
Agree could they not be reviewed and revised? I get that issuing £8 to everyone (assuming the club made it £25) who has paid full price would be logistically difficult but it could be done in the form of a voucher off their next purchase at the club shop etc.

Is there an indication this will not be a bumper crowd anyway with if being one of the club's main non geographical rivals.

ccfc1234

Prices already set before games allocated for TV coverage.
Just thinking on about how we can insetivise a huge turn out how about £8 off any home game of your choice with the purchase of a Sunderland ticket. Looking at out home games they are decent and the atmosphere we had in the last home game before the WC vs QPR is the sort that will elevate the players to play their best and build momentum for the reet of the season.

shmmeee

Would be a loss maker for the club and I’m not sure the evidence is there that bigger crowds bring out better performances for us. So why would they?

chiefdave

Why you can change anything.
So the old owners got it wrong why would you carry on doing it?
isn't there rules about tickets being discounted. think you can do it but there's limits to how often and potentially a minimum price

not sure it will really make that much difference to be honest. very much doubt the attendance would increase enough to offset the lost ticket income if prices were reduced

Terry Gibson's perm

Take their money off them if they want to travel in big numbers then whose the fools.

They could do an incentive for home fans an amount off the next game.

Sbarcher

They are not happy about the £20 price of a kid's ticket. Does seem too much. Also, concessions at £28 is pretty steep too.
Their allocation is reduced to 3000.

skybluelee

They are not happy about the £20 price of a kid's ticket. Does seem too much. Also, concessions at £28 is pretty steep too.
Their allocation is reduced to 3000.
Yes the concession price is mental, its almost double the cost of a Cat C concession (£15). The U16 JSB price increase is even more ridiculous. £15 Cat A compared with £5 Cat C.

Terry Gibson's perm

If anybody can use a family ticket for £30 JSB voucher send me a dm with just your address and I will send it in the post to you.

I only get one now so first one gets it.

Grendel

Unfortunately it’s just keeping in line with the rest of the league. It’s how we fund the increased wage bill

not really they could just charge £25 a game regardless of opposition - it’s a dogs dinner having tiered pricing

Sbarcher

Unfortunately it’s just keeping in line with the rest of the league. It’s how we fund the increased wage bill
According to the Sunderland site, only QPR charge more for away fans at £36.

Sbarcher

If it was about raking in more cash we could up their allocation to 5/6000.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

According to the Sunderland site, only QPR charge more for away fans at £36.
I mean generally our ticket prices are in line with the rest of the league.

I mean I’m generally ok with rinsing big supported away teams, their fans are not my concern.

most of the championship now charges around the £30 mark

Legia Sky Blue

Are we seriously doing this again? Weren't West Brom supposed to be boycotting the last time we had tickets sold at this price? What happened to that? Even though the game was in the week before Christmas we still ended up with our biggest crowd of the season. If we want to compete in this league then some fans need to get a grip around the reality that the club need to generate as much match day ticket income as possible. Cheaper ticket prices do not guarantee the requisite increase in sales to make it worthwhile for the club to undertake.

Grendel

Are we seriously doing this again? Weren't West Brom supposed to be boycotting the last time we had tickets sold at this price? What happened to that? Even though the game was in the week before Christmas we still ended up with our biggest crowd of the season. If we want to compete in this league then some fans need to get a grip around the reality that the club need to generate as much match day ticket income as possible. Cheaper ticket prices do not guarantee the requisite increase in sales to make it worthwhile for the club to undertake.

Conversely it has a negative impact for the Bristol game

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

isn't there rules about tickets being discounted. think you can do it but there's limits to how often and potentially a minimum price

not sure it will really make that much difference to be honest. very much doubt the attendance would increase enough to offset the lost ticket income if prices were reduced
But would changing it from Cat A price to Cat C be 'discounting'?

I think there should be the option to review prices if the date/time of the fixture is changed or it gets chosen for TV.

I like the idea of the voucher for the difference, as it could result in an extra ticket sale somewhere down the line.

letsallsingtogether

Sorry but that’s rubbish mate. £66 for me and the Mrs for a crappy 12.30 kick off live on SKY is prohibitive . As has always been said to make it a decent day, there will also be petrol and F& B costs too.
I’ll choose other matches.
Exactly this.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sorry but that’s rubbish mate. £66 for me and the Mrs for a crappy 12.30 kick off live on SKY is prohibitive . As has always been said to make it a decent day, there will also be petrol and F& B costs too.
I’ll choose other matches.
Top post. For that price I can take my Mrs out for a good dinner and I know exactly what I'm getting for my money.

Skybluecol

I really believe it should be 20 plenty when on TV....not sure the money we get for it being on sky but would surely bring in more numbers as well as showing a fairness to fans?
I also moan like fuck about the pricing of different games but am a STH. Some of my mates come to the Coty and bring their kids only for the CAT C games as they can do 5 games instead of 2 CAT A games for same cost overall......madness that we're actually pricing fans and more importantly future fans out of going up more regularly.
1 thing the club has lacked for quite a while now (before SISU too) is how they approach pricing on individual games. Season Tickets I feel is great value for money though imo.

hill83

I bought mine and my dads season ticket and miss a few games due to work. I just give my season ticket to people I know.
There's no way I'd pay more than £25 for a ticket, it's just not worth the money to me.
That being said I'm fully expecting price rises for season tickets and match day tickets next season.

ccfcrob

Buy a season ticket. If you cant make a game, give it to a mate for £10-15 and everyone is happy.

Anyone who pays £33 is a fool

Users who are viewing this thread