hope you are all happy (1 Viewer)

Name 5 that have come out stronger?
I can name a few that haven't...

Luton, Stockport, Pompey, Northampton, Kettering, Port Vale, Bradford City, Plymouth, Port Vale again, Pompey again, Rotheram,

It's not worth the risk.

off top my head

leicester , leeds, southampton , palace all teams simialar place to us

TommyAtkins

No filing accounts.
No transparancy....you have no idea nor does anybody other than SISU know how well they have done here. What evidence do you have to suggest otherwise?

They have reduced costs, making this club more of a viable business than at any point since 2001.

The lack of accounts is not unusual and may just indicate that SISU have entered endgame

How else could SISU manage a club that doesnt have a stadium (not their fault) or have any money (not their fault)

Oh, yeah! We're the club who everyone laughed at when Orange Ken sat on the bench. We're the club who has a director who never came to a game, but who kept in contact via Twitter and came up with the idea of substitutions being decided by fans with a half-time text competition. We're the club with a transfer embargo, because the owners won't file accounts giving their commitment to the funding of the club even into next season.

There'd be a queue of promising young managers right around the block, I mean, wouldn't there? :facepalm:

didnt bristol city change manager this season ??
didnt forest change manager this season ??

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Hate to be pedantic but we dont know otherwise, so cant really say if it is true or not.

Also arent there any pomising older managers out there. I think some of our last few were young and promising and look how sh*te they were.

Don't you think an old head - looking at the farce we are - would be even less liable to come to this circus?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

and ??

just proves it could have gone 2 ways

will never know but all i know is next season will be playing league 1 football in front of 10k fans in a 32k ground

rip ccfc

What a daft post - it could have gone two ways?!? You state we should have changed the manager, and then say it might not have worked?!?

Haven't we been doing that for 10 years?

Isn't the definition of insanity to do the same thing several times over and to expect a different result?

Macca

Personally I couldn't give a feck who is right or wrong. It isn t a playground. Personally I thought we were screwed all season but if we had been led to the great escape I would have been absolutely delighted to have been wrong. We are where we are due to a series of factors over the last 15 years. We re hardly alone, plenty of other small to medium size clubs gone the same way and some bigger. Expect more of the same until we get funding

And what if the Administrator liquidates the club?

its all what ifs ??

how many clubs in the past 10 years have been admin and liquidated ?

ok lets just sit back and watch ccfc go into freefall - id rather we took to the stands and voice our disapproval instead of sititng on messageboards moaning

What a daft post - it could have gone two ways?!? You state we should have changed the manager, and then say it might not have worked?!?

Haven't we been doing that for 10 years?

Isn't the definition of insanity to do the same thing several times over and to expect a different result?

hows it daft ?

noone knows what would happen if we changed manager mid season

all we know weve stuck with thorn and were relegated simple as that

Mary_Mungo_Midge

its all what ifs ??

ok lets just sit back and watch ccfc go into freefall - id rather we took to the stands and voice our disapproval instead of sititng on messageboards moaning

Complain then! But complain about the right things. For me, in order of culpibility:

1) SISU
2) SISU
3) SISU
4) The senior pros who didn't turn up this season / couldn't be arsed
5) Andy Thorn

Mary_Mungo_Midge

hows it daft ?

noone knows what would happen if we changed manager mid season

all we know weve stuck with thorn and were relegated simple as that

And we could have changed and got relegated - like Doncaster did. As Preston did.

Do you think that the managers now at Preston and Doncaster are better than the managers they sacked - Darren Ferguson and Sean O'Driscoll? Do you think, in retrospect, they might have been better suited with what they had? I mean, in the short and medium term?

Lloyd

Personally I couldn't give a feck who is right or wrong. It isn t a playground. Personally I thought we were screwed all season but if we had been led to the great escape I would have been absolutely delighted to have been wrong. We are where we are due to a series of factors over the last 15 years. We re hardly alone, plenty of other small to medium size clubs gone the same way and some bigger. Expect more of the same until we get funding

i agree macca, we've been on a steady decline for the last 10 years, unfortunately our club has made bad decision after bad decision. I personally love the Ricoh Arena, it's a great ground... when its 3/4 full, but we've hardly ever pulled those numbers, and we wont for the foreseeable future. Our whole club needs to be restructured before we will see any progress.

i knew as soon as the summer transfer window was coming to a close and we had lost a lot of players without suitable replacements that we would struggle to stay up. All you need to do is look at what position we've finished in the last few seasons with better and BIGGER squads.

TommyAtkins

its all what ifs ??

Freefall might result in CCFC finding a sustainable level and our future will be preserved.

Administration might just result in liquidation and no club.

Relegation isnt the end of the world.

That's a different issue - the apathy of the City fan. It's a disgrace. However, make the apathy the focus of your campaign, not one slightly plump manager who's - good enough or not - tried his best

he tried his best and his best wasnt good enough

i watched him last night and there was little to no motivation from him

Mary_Mungo_Midge

he tried his best and his best wasnt good enough

i watched him last night and there was little to no motivation from him

I notice you don't want to answer my question about Darren Ferguson and Sean O'Driscoll and whether they should have been kept. Or do you think Livingston should have kept Paul Lambert? Or were they right to sack him after 30-odd games. How do you think they all feel now?

Are all these managers 'clueless'?

Macca

were only stuck if we let them stay with us

look at pompey theyve started a campaign to buy the club as fans consortium

idea ?

Mate we can't even get people to pay to get up there let alone buy the club. The only way we can move forward is with somebody who is prepared to inject cash with no return

I notice you don't want to answer my question about Darren Ferguson and Sean O'Driscoll and whether they should have been kept. Or do you think Livingston should have kept Paul Lambert? Or were they right to sack him after 30-odd games. How do you think they all feel now?

Are all these managers 'clueless'?

ok like i said bristol and forest changed managers when they were in the bottom 3 and look what happened

2 sides to every argument

Mate we can't even get people to pay to get up there let alone buy the club. The only way we can move forward is with somebody who is prepared to inject cash with no return

how do we know that without trying ?

it boils down to the cant be arsed mode of fans

we all know thats true

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Marty

ive been saying since october if we want to stay up then we need to get rid of thorn. 7 months later ive been proved right

yes he hasnt be given all the right tools but he has spent money and had 3 loans in so its not as tho hes been given nothing

he decides to speak out about sisu when its too late ,

also i hate sisu and protested with the other 200 before the saints game but what makes me angry is everyone on here moaning , but where were you in janauary ? :thinking about:

too little to late again as usual

I said before the season even started we'd be relegated, where were you in July & August?? It's everybody else's fault and everyone should listen to me in future. got it? :)

12 months time, Relegation to league two.

Users who are viewing this thread