How much did we get for Wembley? (2 Viewers)

SBAndy

You've gotta think about 5 mill from the play off run

Did a rough estimate which brought it out at about £4.5m. Will try to note below:

Coventry - 30,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £600,000
Middlesbrough - 30,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £600,000
Sunderland - 40,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £800,000
Luton - 10,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £200,000

Total £2.2m split 4 ways = £550k

Wembley - 80,000 tickets sold @ £50pp = £4m

Assuming we get all Wembley ticket revenue, as seems to be the precedent, that’s £4.55m on fag packet calculations.

Sick Boy

Did a rough estimate which brought it out at about £4.5m. Will try to note below:

Coventry - 30,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £600,000
Middlesbrough - 30,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £600,000
Sunderland - 40,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £800,000
Luton - 10,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £200,000

Total £2.2m split 4 ways = £550k

Wembley - 80,000 tickets sold @ £50pp = £4m

Assuming we get all Wembley ticket revenue, as seems to be the precedent, that’s £4.55m on fag packet calculations.
I’m sure the EFL take a sizeable amount of the cup final ticket revenue.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Oh bugger, forgot about that aspect. Think they take 50% of the overall pot. £2.255m in that case.

There'll be TV money and sponsorship needed to be factored in as well. Difficult to gauge how much the club would've received for the latter.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

Either way I think we can safely say it’s not enough to make any sizeable difference. When Vik goes that could be our big pay day of 15m.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Either way I think we can safely say it’s not enough to make any sizeable difference. When Vik goes that could be our big pay day of 15m.

At most it would've gotten the club through May and part of June without King having to bridge losses I'd imagine as with the last league home game being at the end of April it essentially would've had no revenue coming through the door without the PO run.

So while it wouldn't have made a sizeable difference it's certainly helped.

slowpoke

I think the play-off money is pooled between all the clubs, not equally though and the winning team in the championship gives the losers their share bit of a gentleman’s agreement, doing rag packet maths I reckon about £4million

Flying Fokker

There is more info on the other thread about this. Gentleman’s agreement that the winner gives their portion to the loser. So my guess is 4.5-5 million in total.

theferret

There is more info on the other thread about this. Gentleman’s agreement that the winner gives their portion to the loser. So my guess is 4.5-5 million in total.

How have you arrived at that figure, it's way out! Nowhere near that.

Semi finals worth about £300K to us. Final about £1.7 million if Luton gave us their share, otherwise half that.

skybluetony176

Possibly earned another £1M in TV money having played an additional 3 games that were all on TV. Depends on what you want to believe but apparently TV money is worth about £7-8M, you’d think having played 3 extra games on TV we would be at the higher end.

Seem to recall that the ticket sales for 2 legs are split equally between the two clubs which if true is swings and roundabouts but favoured is slightly on the away leg.

Not sure if we got extra prize money from the Championship for reaching the final or not but either way championship prize money isn’t massive in the big scheme of things.

Flying Fokker

How have you arrived at that figure, it's way out! Nowhere near that.

Semi finals worth about £300K to us. Final about £1.7 million if Luton gave us their share, otherwise half that.

rob9872

Regardless of that I believe Walker was on 10k per wk and wagehog on 20k. Add 15k to each of Gus and Vik's to give them 30k ea and get some decent loans in again. Premier league here we come!

theferret

Behind a paywall, but if it's the article I think it is, it's just a comparison of revenues between PL and Championship.

We get 12.5% of all semi final gate receipts after costs and 25% of final (or 50% if Luton gift theres to us). That's all we get. As many others have stated it'll £2 million or thereabouts.

clint van damme

Oh bugger, forgot about that aspect. Think they take 50% of the overall pot. £2.255m in that case.

Think that's probably about right. Didn't Luton give us their share of the Wembley receipts so perhaps a bit more.

South West Sky Blue

Has anyone mentioned the extra cost? These used to be written into the financial rules.
The huge policing bill (I've rarely seen a football game more over-policed than the home leg vs Boro) from all games get taken out of the pot, as do travel costs, hotel costs....... Collectively, this'd comfortably take a six figured sum out of the club's pockets.
You couldn't swing a cat at Wembley without hitting a copper either.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Behind a paywall, but if it's the article I think it is, it's just a comparison of revenues between PL and Championship.

We get 12.5% of all semi final gate receipts after costs and 25% of final (or 50% if Luton gift theres to us). That's all we get. As many others have stated it'll £2 million or thereabouts.

+ what ever the club received for sponsorship and merchandise.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Has anyone mentioned the extra cost? These used to be written into the financial rules.
The huge policing bill (I've rarely seen a football game more over-policed than the home leg vs Boro) from all games get taken out of the pot, as do travel costs, hotel costs....... Collectively, this'd comfortably take a six figured sum out of the club's pockets.
You couldn't swing a cat at Wembley without hitting a copper either.

I think from memory 3% of total gate receipts is taken to cover this.

Users who are viewing this thread