How much did we get for Wembley? (3 Viewers)

Legia Sky Blue

As a side note did anyone else notice that the Manchester cup final last weekend had an attendance about 3,000 lower than our game against Luton? Maybe the touts were asking too much and couldn't shift their tickets!

clint van damme

As a side note did anyone else notice that the Manchester cup final last weekend had an attendance about 3,000 lower than our game against Luton? Maybe the touts were asking too much and couldn't shift their tickets!

A train strike and the frequency with which both teams play there wouldn't have helped.

dadgad

There will be hidden benefits from simply qualifying for playoffs measured in clubs’ uptick in fortunes. Primarily more fans and future ticket sales. Maintain that and the club gains ££££

shmmeee

Has anyone mentioned the extra cost? These used to be written into the financial rules.
The huge policing bill (I've rarely seen a football game more over-policed than the home leg vs Boro) from all games get taken out of the pot, as do travel costs, hotel costs....... Collectively, this'd comfortably take a six figured sum out of the club's pockets.
You couldn't swing a cat at Wembley without hitting a copper either.

You take all costs like that out before working out profits to send into the pot.

SAJ

Did a rough estimate which brought it out at about £4.5m. Will try to note below:

Coventry - 30,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £600,000
Middlesbrough - 30,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £600,000
Sunderland - 40,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £800,000
Luton - 10,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £200,000

Total £2.2m split 4 ways = £550k

Wembley - 80,000 tickets sold @ £50pp = £4m

Assuming we get all Wembley ticket revenue, as seems to be the precedent, that’s £4.55m on fag packet calculations.
Minus the EFL cut it’s about 2 million.

blunted

Regardless of that I believe Walker was on 10k per wk and wagehog on 20k. Add 15k to each of Gus and Vik's to give them 30k ea and get some decent loans in again. Premier league here we come!
Don't know how accurate it was on another thread. Said Bidwell was on 10k per week as our highest paid player. Makes sense coming from Swansea who were desperate to reduce their wage bill (as were Bristol). Walker and Waghorn around £7.8 k with Palmer up near the top. Again, sounds reasonable given we were desperate to sign Walker. Waghorn was a very highly paid Championship player with a wealth of experience. Bristol were paying stupid money to their players and Palmer had massive potential when he was younger (under Adi). Shows how easy it is to waste money if you don't get your recruitment right. Unfortunately, you cannot legislate for injuries to players who have previously had good fitness records. We have some wages to play with but not serious money.

Skybluedownunder

People are saying we won’t have money to spend this summer but there’s £2m right there, plus potentially an estimated £300k-500k if Maddison gets sold by Leicester and hopefully let’s call it an estimated £5m to invest in the squad from a Gyokeres sale with the club to pocket the rest plus whatever we’ve gotta pay Brighton… that could potentially be £7-8m to use there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

People are saying we won’t have money to spend this summer but there’s £2m right there, plus potentially an estimated £300k-500k if Maddison gets sold by Leicester and hopefully let’s call it an estimated £5m to invest in the squad from a Gyokeres sale with the club to pocket the rest plus whatever we’ve gotta pay Brighton… that could potentially be £7-8m to use there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatso

Did a rough estimate which brought it out at about £4.5m. Will try to note below:

Coventry - 30,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £600,000
Middlesbrough - 30,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £600,000
Sunderland - 40,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £800,000
Luton - 10,000 tickets sold @ £20pp = £200,000

Total £2.2m split 4 ways = £550k

Wembley - 80,000 tickets sold @ £50pp = £4m

Assuming we get all Wembley ticket revenue, as seems to be the precedent, that’s £4.55m on fag packet calculations.
Closer to 70k Wembley tickets were actually sold.
FL take a cut, Wembley take expenses plus a cut, police take a cut, tax man takes a cut
Vat man takes a cut. Dodgy cunts at the FA take a backhander etc.

In short, the estimated revenue generated is wildly optimistic.

I've said before, if Vik and Hamer stay, our expenditure on transfers will be less than 5million. I've we sell Vik or Gus, I'd expect around half the fee to be reinvested in players transfer fees, and much of the rest going on an increased wage bill.

I think people's expectations are a little over the top, and we will continue the model that has been so successful to now.
Ie, sign young players to develop and profit from, and use the loan market and free transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread