Match Thread Huddersfield (H) Mon 25/09 (8 Viewers)

napolimp

He's back in full training though, surely it will be a little earlier than that?

Maybe that'll be when he's able to start perhaps, but I'd like to think he'd be getting some minutes before then. Obviously we don't want to rush him back though!

Don't worry, our medical team is excellent at advising when players should play, and they certainly don't take any risks.

I'm surprised they didn't rush O'hare back for the play-offs.

BlueSkiesForever

Formation I’d love to see tonight, either one of:

Wilson
Eccles, Thomas, Fadz, Kitching, Dasilva
Ayari, Lati
Sakamoto, Wright
Godden/Simms

Or (more realistically):

Wilson
Lati/Eccles, Thomas, Fadz, Kitching, Dasilva
Allen, Lati/Eccles
Sakamoto, Ayari
Godden/Simms

(Not sure if Godden will work well in the box - and doubt we’ll even revert back to the box - but going to listen to the Godden-lovers for a change and give it a go 😂)

Skyblueweeman

when is ohare realistically back?

When I saw the ticker thing on SSN news earlier, when talking about tonights team news, I was pleasantly surprised. It said something like 'O'hare in contention soon'. I know that's quite ambiguous but I wasn't expecting anything like that for another month or so.

BlueSkiesForever

3-1 Huddersfield

the side we’re gonna put out tonight won’t have the quality to compete with a Huddersfield team revitalized by a new manager
Agreed, I usually err on the side of caution but I also see us winning 3-1 tonight (probably be massively wrong as usual with any bets I place), I just think we’ll beat Huddersfield comfortably tonight.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed, I usually err on the side of caution but I also see us winning 3-1 tonight (probably be massively wrong as usual with any bets I place), I just think we’ll beat Huddersfield comfortably tonight.
There are no easy games in this division, but really if we can't get a result in either of this week's games it bodes very poorly for what's to come.

BlueSkiesForever

There are no easy games in this division, but really if we can't get a result in either of this week's games it bodes very poorly for what's to come.
100%, this is one of the few games where I’m going into it expecting us to win and I’ll be very disappointed if we come away with anything less.
(Unless Huddersfield suddenly turn into a world-beating team, in which case fair enough, but somehow can’t see it. We really should be winning this one comfortably tbh.)

shmmeee

Sorry but a 70% fit Palmer has more creativity in him that Eccles, Kelly and Allen combined.
People hoping Allen is our saviour 😳 , he runs around a lot like a dog chasing a ball , supposedly closing down but never getting within a yard of it. Running sround all game does nt make him our creative saviour.
Kelly is purely defensive and Eccles …. hes one of our own so must be good.

I think the hope is if you duct tape Ayari Allen and Eccles together you get a Gus.

Boicey

It would make a big difference, to the team and crowd, if Saka was given a free attacking roll. Probably linking with Simms.

curly_tom

It's amazing the way the negativity sets after a shit defeat like Cardiff. I know it is on the back of a lacklustre run of draws but we aren't that bad. Had we won on Tuesday everyone would be excitedly talking about the play-off push. I'm guilty of it too, the recency bias. 7 games is a small portio of the season and we could easily tur it around with 2/3 decent results. I think this is a game we can win and even with a few injuries I think we will. Palmer out is only a rumour, MVE will be a miss but I think Saka can fill the roll perfectly well. Maybe swap Wright out for Simms and we'll be fine

chinamans view

I hope they dont play that boring tipy tapy football all game like they have done so far this season, lets hope they play some attacking balls and some exciting play because theres been very little to excite the crowds so far.

harvey098

Formation I’d love to see tonight, either one of:

Wilson
Eccles, Thomas, Fadz, Kitching, Dasilva
Ayari, Lati
Sakamoto, Wright
Godden/Simms

Or (more realistically):

Wilson
Lati/Eccles, Thomas, Fadz, Kitching, Dasilva
Allen, Lati/Eccles
Sakamoto, Ayari
Godden/Simms

(Not sure if Godden will work well in the box - and doubt we’ll even revert back to the box - but going to listen to the Godden-lovers for a change and give it a go 😂)
Wright as a no.10 is the wildest shout I’ve ever heard. That’s before we even talk about the midfield pairing of a CB and AM.

skyblueelephant76

I hope they dont play that boring tipy tapy football all game like they have done so far this season, lets hope they play some attacking balls and some exciting play because theres been very little to excite the crowds so far.
Like the tippy tippy football where we scored 3 against Middlesbrough or 3 against Watford?

skybluecam

Wilson
Eccles - Lati - Fadz - Kitching - Dasilva
Allen - Kelly
Ayari
Godden - Simms

That's what I think we'll get assuming Allen is fit to start.

Users who are viewing this thread